Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Legislation & Laws (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which's More Important? Sentence Reduction or Extended Family Visits / Trailer Visits (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388)

mrstiny0121 11-02-2006 01:53 PM

I picked the good time. Although I agree with Jennifer 04. Both would be nice. Right now I want him home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mlg_0720 11-02-2006 07:44 PM

Me too, :) the last 14 months has already been too long,:( I gots 10yrs -9mos more before my hubby comes home. He is a first time drug offender dont know why he got so much time. never has he been in trouble before. i was so shock the night of the raid i though i was having a nightmare and just wanted to wake up. i still think i am dreaming and want to wake up. my husband is a good hard working man and did not deserve what happened to him. it was his friend that got him into this mess and he is not looking a time in prison just jail time. what the hell is going on here. :angry: they both got arrested for the same thing.:confused:

His Brown Suga 11-14-2006 02:08 PM

I vote for sentence reductions. Here in Califukya its gotten so bad they are going to send prisoners to other states now. So sentence reductions would definitely be a way to go.

love1on1 12-27-2006 12:57 AM

Count me in for reduced sentences. I rather wait.

S.HDZ 12-27-2006 01:32 PM

I rather have reduced sentencing.

LeBeau 12-31-2006 12:20 PM

Sentence reduction.
Light at the end of the tunnel would, I believe, be more beneficial than more or longer visits and trailer visits are not something every inmate can take advantage of where reduced sentencing and the elimination of mandatory minimum sentences would yield benefits across the board.

barbie16118 01-03-2007 02:48 PM

Sentence Reduction.

jlw78418 01-04-2007 08:05 AM

would have to do with Sentence Reduction becasue it would get him home sooner then we can have a good time :))

Whitey's Girl 01-04-2007 10:33 AM

Sentence Reduction so my baby can come home and we can start our family

papi-chuy 01-20-2007 07:48 PM

Why can't they get both??!!!LOL. We have lasted some time now with no overnight visits or even contact visits, but I would give the overnights up if I could get him home sooner. In another light, we have kids and I would love for them to get some quality time together because any time in their life is critical. Some say "oh they are little, they don't need him, wait till their teenage years". I think they need him at all moments, babies or teenagers. We will make up for lost time.

golden2006 01-20-2007 07:55 PM

Time Reduction, I feel is more important. You can have quality time when they get out. Although its nice to have extra special quality time while he's in esp. if he's looking at a long sentence. But time reduction is most important to me, and also establishing skills like going to school so they will be more productive when they get out.

M.Archer 01-21-2007 03:10 AM

Being that I am waiting for a lifer, I have to say Sentence Reduction! even though it probably wouldn't apply in his case :cry:. I mean the time alone with him would be amazing, but it would be more amazing if it were at home not at a prison. :shrug:

inmate_lover 01-21-2007 05:57 PM

Sentence reduction .......

Monte's girl 01-21-2007 09:26 PM

Definitely I agree with Sentence reduction. He doesn't want to get married in there, so I'd rather him come home sooner so we can get married sooner

AcesBabygirl 01-27-2007 09:28 PM

sentence reduction is my choice. I don't get the conjugal visits anyway!

AcesBabygirl 01-27-2007 09:29 PM

But then again it would depend on the time they had left!

JERRYSGIRL05 02-22-2007 11:50 AM

hi all! i would vote for sentence reduction. why not reward them when they do good. they dont have a problem punishing them when they do bad so my vote would be to get him home sooner:thumbsup:. we still have about 6 years left and we qualify for family visits once we get married in a few months but i would give that up to have him home sooner. sex can wait if its gonna get him sooner, yeah! we have contact visits now and we are totally cool with that and dont complain cause it could be worse. we continue to pray to our good lord cause we know it will come in due time. patience is a virtue! have a good one all! ;)

lovinkiah 02-22-2007 01:07 PM

For me it is sentence reduction. He has already served the minimum amout of time for a crime he did not commit. He needs to come home now.

HIZALLWAYZ 02-23-2007 08:29 AM

I would rather him get his sentence reduced so he can come home sooner, the sex can wait until he gets here.

QUEENDRURY 02-23-2007 08:41 AM

i definitely pick time reduction.it would be nice to be able to touch him but i want him home,home,home.

swilsontobe 03-01-2007 11:57 PM

I would say time reduction. The sooner he comes home the better.

utcrush72 03-02-2007 05:00 AM

I am definitely voting for sentence reduction, since my man got 15 yrs. @ 45%, you think?

DaveMoff 03-02-2007 01:52 PM

I see no reason why someone with good behavior, who participates in educational or job training programs (when available), etc. should not receive a significant sentence reduction. With a very few exceptions (those few dozen inmates at the Federal Supermax, for example), the purpose of prison is supposedly rehabilitation, not simply keeping someone off the streets for an extended period. When someone demonstrates by their behavior that they are indeed "rehabilitating", shouldn't they be rewarded for it?

Not to mention that an ex-prisoner on the outside holding down a job and living his/her own life is costing the government nothing, while we all know how much it costs to keep someone behind bars.

MattsmominNY 03-02-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveMoff
I see no reason why someone with good behavior, who participates in educational or job training programs (when available), etc. should not receive a significant sentence reduction. With a very few exceptions (those few dozen inmates at the Federal Supermax, for example), the purpose of prison is supposedly rehabilitation, not simply keeping someone off the streets for an extended period. When someone demonstrates by their behavior that they are indeed "rehabilitating", shouldn't they be rewarded for it?

Not to mention that an ex-prisoner on the outside holding down a job and living his/her own life is costing the government nothing, while we all know how much it costs to keep someone behind bars.

It's the ex-prisoner on the outside holding down a job and PAYING taxes that helps support the government. The more education and rehabilitation, the more tax-payers out there, right??? Isn't that what the government really wants is more tax-payers? All we have to do is convince those who have the ability to change things that it's in everyone's best interest to turn the whole prison system around. Yep, that's all!

DaveMoff 03-02-2007 11:08 PM

The government should realize things like that, shouldn't it? Funny how it never seems to.