Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Legislation & Laws (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which's More Important? Sentence Reduction or Extended Family Visits / Trailer Visits (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388)

PowandVonne 03-30-2006 01:29 PM

Sentence reduction

chinagrove 04-03-2006 01:25 PM

Reduction

:yay: sentence reduction. We are able to make the trip to visit my son except about 1x per year.

bugsy805 04-08-2006 08:50 PM

sentence reduction

cavgtmom 04-14-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinGish
How would i go about writing a proposal for congugal visits to be legal in the state of illinois and or is that possible? does anyone know why they have been taken away everywhere and when that started?

thanks
<3 kristin

i heard something about women then getting pregnant, not having their husbands here to help raise the children, and then putting more families on welfare. that may or not be true. i would be more than happy to show them proof that my tubes are tied!!! LOL

could be that in their minds they are there to be punished and they shouldn't get to enjoy sex??? i don't know. i've given up trying to figure out what the heck they are thinking anymore.

24carrot 04-15-2006 09:51 AM

i think that it shouldn't matter as long as there still alive you can always go and visit, just think it could be worse

angel12569 05-09-2006 02:29 PM

I vote for sentence reduction, although I know it wouldn't pertain to my hubby since his sentence was a flat seven. But I want him home sooner if possible, even though I feel like a virgin again, and probably am spouting cobwebs, lol.

suzeg3 05-09-2006 03:44 PM

Sentence reduction

missingmytbear 05-19-2006 09:11 AM

Sentence reduction. I want my tbear HOME!

HurtingMomInMI 05-19-2006 07:53 PM

sentence reduction

LADYBRITISH 05-23-2006 06:49 PM

my man was sentenced to 12 years with 10 to do. we are down to the last three, i would pick reduction of time because if he comes home he gets all the over night visits and sex he wants...and never have to leave

LADYBRITISH 05-23-2006 06:54 PM

I Just Want To Know How You Guys Get All Those Pretty Hearts And Nice Icons And Post Your Pics And Stuff??? I Am A New User So Help Me Get With The Program....lol

squirly 06-12-2006 07:44 AM

I say let them come home early. I know my son wants to be with his wife, but he wants out of there now! I'm new at this, so can someone help me find out how he can get out earlier?
thanks, concerned mom.

agspunkygirl 06-13-2006 10:51 AM

SENTENCE REDUCTION - I would rather have my hubby home with me sooner than spend more weekend in a prison visitation room...

moetbj 06-13-2006 11:18 AM

sentence reduction, if they passed it now, with the length of time he has already served, he would be on the next bus out of there!

mz_delacruz 07-06-2006 02:06 PM

i would have to say "good time"... of course we already know the State of Texas doesn't allow conjugal.... i would push to have "good time" b/c i agree with the others.... for the ones that have a long stretch of time on their hands... with that good time counted to their sentence... they can be home alot faster....

babyblues2 07-06-2006 02:24 PM

[quote=ChandaMija]Sentence Reduction (Good Time) or Extended Family visits?

I would vote for the extended family visits. Regardless of the amount of time they have it would be more valuable to us both if we were able to spend alone time to keep them connected to the family life, if even for a weekend every now & then. I am not aware of an option for extended family visits in Ohio.

2nice 07-08-2006 02:37 AM

I would say time reduction, because that way our loved ones could come home sooner and we could spend each and everyday with them!

neworleans85 07-18-2006 09:18 PM

i would definitely have to pick sentence reduction because to me, family visits would be more like a tease! lol! seriously though, i'd rather him come home to me for good than be able to see him for a longer, better visit because that would just remind me what i'm missing. plus i want him back in MY bed asap!

number one son 07-30-2006 10:04 AM

sentence reduction!!!!!!!!! :D

rosedealer 09-08-2006 08:15 PM

i believe sentence reduction because i wish him home before i get conjugal visit. i can get that when he is at home.

Ginger2009 09-08-2006 09:14 PM

Sentence Reduction!!!

mandj4 09-11-2006 11:38 AM

Sentence reduction.............

msmomto4 10-26-2006 07:40 PM

Both are reasons to fight....

Quote:

Originally Posted by samscrazywoman
I feel time reduction is much better. No my sweetheart and I aren't married but he is my soul mate, a lifer and already done 17 years. It got very hard for him and even a friend of mine emotionally looking at life and no end in sight with the way the parole board hearings are for lifers. They are sometimes years apart. My Sweetheart has always had me there to communicate all these years and it's so hard on everyone. As he stated to me over and over again nothing is more important than your freedom. Yes the visits would be nice for many but you still have to leave them behind where they were to begin with when the weekend is over. That can also be tormenting to the soul. If they can't get canned goods anymore how do you figure they are going to more quality family visits?

I agree with samscrazywoman.... A lifer will tell you nothing is more important than your freedom. And in California we dont get conjugal visits if you are a lifer anyway. They took them away around 1996 or so. How much more do you take from a man before his life no longer means what it once did? They never see their families, kids, wives and then they go before the board and they dont want to turn them loose either. For a lifer they both should be an option. good time for someone with no dicsiplinary actions and conjugal visits to keep the family and home fires burning. I am not married to my lifer but i know he would say the same thing. California holds men as if they are political prisoners. So why not give them a few perks and see if the revidism rate doesnt decline and the amount of frustration these men see every day on the inside might decline as well.

Melissa_2006 11-01-2006 06:52 PM

Depends on length of sentence.

discoball 11-01-2006 11:06 PM

I would say sentence reduction, but if that is just through good time, then I have a hard time agreeing. The prison is so arbitrary about everything, they can offer it, and you would still never benefit from it if they dont want you to.
Now if all the crap they pull goes away to so you know you get the good time, then yes, bring him home sooner, otherwise we need those personal private moments to keep us going.