Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Legislation & Laws (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which's More Important? Sentence Reduction or Extended Family Visits / Trailer Visits (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388)

Hosea&Gomer 01-04-2010 06:33 PM

I like your reasoning!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dydasgirl (Post 2714349)
well good time allows them to get out quicker and here in mich that is a huge issue, we have no bedspace and no money! Early release could benefit the budget if they are prepared for release properly to do the best to keep them out! it would also benefit the welfare system because many homes will get back the main source of income alot sooner. But as I said before it is only good if they are prepared properly to ensure they do not return. And as far as conjucal visits, sure they would be nice but you would have the problem with women getting pregnant and going after more welfare and since the man isnt gettin out any earlier we are still stuck with the bedspace problem, people ruin everything out of ignorance so things of this nature are pretty much gone for good. It sucks, but we dont need more kids we cant afford and they will have no father right away it just could cause a mess.sending daddy home to the ones that are already here would be more important to me. And I am not sure about the cleanliness issues when it comes to the trailers either, I know other family can stay but I wouldnt want my kids to sleep in one. you dont know what diseases are floating around. Prisons are full of hep c and other things that are contagious, I dont know if I could get naked in a place evryone else uses to have sex and you know better than to expect the c/o s to keep it clean, they have to have a porter in the visiting room.

I gotta hand it to ya. . .you are definitely attorney material. . .you touch on some "hot" topics, which otherwise could be interpreted as "offensive" to some people (& just so you know. . .not me!), yet you have a way of sharing your conclusive opinion without offending. . .you present to your "adversaries" & the "jury" your well thought out reasonings upon which your conclusions are based. . .nice job!:thumbsup:

jrkidah 01-15-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnyrun5 (Post 600158)
I chose time reduction like 50% for goodtime and completing a few programs such as GED, Substance Abuse and Life Skills. :cool:

i agree time reduction.

boston Love 01-16-2010 11:30 AM

I like them both but...we are in Florida which doesn't give conjugal. My hubby is doing 10 yrs (85%). He has always said that if all we could do was just to sit and holds hands he would be happy with that! I pray that some point the 71% will take effect...we want to have a baby before my body laughs at that idea...which then if we had conjugal visits then we would have best of both worlds. :banghead: :help:

Bennim 04-12-2010 07:21 AM

Time off of course....

This is a no brainer for me. I want my husband HOME! I take the children on the regular to visit him and he is over 500 miles away. Give me the 50% so mine can get back to work for his family.
God Bless

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChandaMija (Post 599044)
Sentence Reduction (Good Time) or Extended Family Visits AKA conjugal/trailer visits? I want to let you know that EFVs aren't necessarily for physical pleasure purposes, but it can be overnight or weekend visits with immediate family members including kids for quality time. Right now, only 6 states allow conjugal visits. Fed-X, am I right? And right now, pretty a few states allow good time up to 50% off the original sentence depending on the severity of the various charges. Since we already have those in some states, why are we complaining about wanting more laws on these issues? I just don't understand? :confused: If we want a law changed, then we have to pick ONE that's MORE important to us then we can take action on writing up a bill proposal and send it to the state legistature then they'll take consideration. So now, I already rolled up my sleeves and ready to brainstorm on an legal outline so I can write a proposal for ONE of these. So... tell me, people, which's more important to yoU???????????

LoveOnlineNKS 05-31-2010 05:03 PM

My man has 14, even with good time and he's a violent offender so I know he's not coming home anytime soon. I'll gladly take trailer visits!

Jamiefaith 06-07-2010 06:33 AM

Considering my man is looking at a lot of time, i'd have to go with Trailer visits!!!!! Altho, I think they both should be considered! I think it's stupid they don't allow federal inmate trailer visits! At least it would keep couples satisfied!!! I know i would be, woo hoo! lol

Devoted2RobertD 06-08-2010 10:37 PM

I would rather have sentence reduction. My boo has 11 yrs & 4 mths to go of his 85%. So wish they would change it back to the 50% and go retroactive especially for the first time offenders (both drug and non drug related).

DaMeS_GiRl88 07-18-2010 05:41 PM

Sentence reduction my babe has 4 years and I pray they give him county credit and half time

cjSweetwater 07-22-2010 10:55 PM

Can't vote on either one. It's all important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChandaMija (Post 599044)
Sentence Reduction (Good Time) or Extended Family Visits AKA conjugal/trailer visits? I want to let you know that EFVs aren't necessarily for physical pleasure purposes, but it can be overnight or weekend visits with immediate family members including kids for quality time. Right now, only 6 states allow conjugal visits. Fed-X, am I right? And right now, pretty a few states allow good time up to 50% off the original sentence depending on the severity of the various charges. Since we already have those in some states, why are we complaining about wanting more laws on these issues? I just don't understand? :confused: If we want a law changed, then we have to pick ONE that's MORE important to us then we can take action on writing up a bill proposal and send it to the state legistature then they'll take consideration. So now, I already rolled up my sleeves and ready to brainstorm on an legal outline so I can write a proposal for ONE of these. So... tell me, people, which's more important to yoU???????????

Pretty Toes 08-26-2010 01:50 PM

couldnt vote cuz I think both are important!

HassGirlfriend 10-11-2010 05:56 AM

I would have to say sentence reduction since my baby only got 3 yrs. If he were sentenced to something more severe like 10+ years I would say EFV.

Benetta29 12-08-2010 11:06 PM

How about someone already been locked up for 14 years and still has ten more years to go man i don't know i would love to have one night with him then also I would llove for him top have the sentence reduction so he can be home with us man i miss him ten more years to go and i am so ready.

crazigirl 12-10-2010 10:21 AM

well if we could have either alto I would love both but the family visits would be great for now

truluv4life 12-10-2010 11:04 PM

Sentence reduction for me......he has already done over 15 yrs...I need him home now.

hairdriver 12-13-2010 05:45 PM

can my son serve his time another state

If so how does this happen? He is in ohio and we live in michigan,he said he heard this does happen. im sorry if im posting at the wrong place,but im finding it hard to know where to ask questions.could someone please help me..
thanks,hairdriver:confused:

Chyna5La 12-14-2010 08:55 AM

good time... I will do the visit the way we do them now.. just so he could get home that much quicker to us..

UsPlus7 12-27-2010 03:10 PM

I believe Sentence REDUCTION would seemingly kill two birds with one stone. If our men weren't locked up for so damm long, we may not NEED the family visits.

I rather patiently wait thru the half time than to live semi-intimately under DOC's bullsh*t guidelines 85% of the time.

forjoseph 12-27-2010 03:36 PM

my vote

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjSweetwater (Post 5546866)
Can't vote on either one. It's all important.

Time reduction coupled with better programs inside to prepare for release. Then, add useful programs that are mandatory upon release. I am in California and I don't see the system doing anything except creating more problems. I am totally prepared to work on a proposal, I have access to a law library from my Alma Mater as well. Where are you? :)

myhusbandswifey 01-01-2011 01:47 AM

My husband did 3 yrs and we had family visits. We had a total of 3 in the entire time. I'll admit they were nice, but now we have a child. If he were to go back we would want the time reduction. I would rather him be home for our child. In the mean time I would take a regular visit any time it would be possible!

stevenatwell 01-01-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairdriver (Post 5831085)
If so how does this happen? He is in ohio and we live in michigan,he said he heard this does happen. im sorry if im posting at the wrong place,but im finding it hard to know where to ask questions.could someone please help me..
thanks,hairdriver:confused:

Hi My name is Steve Atwell call doc in Ohio and Michigan and ask what there prosedures are. It does happen I had a cell mate in Wyoming that got transfered from South dakota. It also may help to ask your senator in your state that you want there help in getting your son closer to home
Have a great year WOW its really 2011
Steve

J.M.W.24 01-11-2011 08:20 PM

I choice sentence reduction we can have all the visits when he gets out

*Chuck's Girl* 02-16-2011 10:00 AM

I would love for GA to allow conjugal/EFV's. But they obviously don't! I think it would greatly improve inmate behavior. But as far as which one is more important to me. . .I voted for the Sentence Reduction/Good Time. My man has to serve 4.5 more years or so. I would love to be able to pick him up even a month early! Ahhh. That'd be nice. I am wondering when they will let us know of a Possible Release Date?!? He hasn't gotten to Prison yet. He's waiting to be transferred from County Jail to GA Diagnostics, & then off to Prison. Hopefully we'll find out more info soon enough. Since his case is federal. . .they won't allow us to know when he will be moved or even where he is going yet. I hate not knowing! :( Hope we are enlightened soon! :( <3 Thanks for posting this thread! It's a good one:)

freejasoninmn 03-13-2011 08:55 PM

Even though my man has life, I said sentance reduction. Even if MN let inmates have overnight visits, they wouldn't let us because we weren't married before he went in and have no children together. We plan to get married but even if there were overnight visits I'm sure we wouldn't qualify even after we got married....otherwise EVERY inmate in MN would get married!
We are a MWI couple, friends first for 2 years...now a couple for just under 5 months. I want to get his case back into the courts to get his time reduced, He hadn't even been 16 a month when this happend. Same story as most, young kids, following what his much older friends were doing, he took all the blame because he thought they would convict him as a juvie...nope convicted as an adult and when he told his public defender that he was willing to tell the truth about that night...no one cared. Inner city black kid, a confession, a jury with no black members and a crime in a mostly white suburb. He has been locked up 18 years, this October will be 19.
I'd love for him to come home someday...I'm sure if I won the Lotto tomorrow I could find a lawyer to get him out, the kind of lawyer he needs costs big money. Oh well, I don't play the lotto! I got kids and bills...besides that the $1 for the lotto ticket is 2 phone calls!!!

crazigirl 03-14-2011 12:53 PM

Both I want both!!

PrincessSinohui 04-15-2011 06:21 PM

sentence reduction,, i'll give up my family visit if i have to get my hubby's sentence reduce in a quick status. :)