Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=649)
-   -   Quarantine before hwh (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723025)

natalie808 07-30-2020 06:36 PM

Quarantine before hwh

Hi everybody :hugme: I just want to share this with anyone who is interested. My LO is at Pollock, high security federal prison. We've been waiting for the case manager to come along with a date for the hwh. Out of nowhere she shows up with a date & abruptly tells him he is going to another unit for quarantine (I thought we would have a little notice beforehand). What is so bothersome to me (sorry I'm a cry baby)...is that we didn't know he would have zero access to phones for the 21days. He was put in quarantine Friday & today is Thursday, I was so used to his calls. Just wasn't expecting that, so it'll be a long 3 weeks but joy at the end of the tunnel. I do wonder though if they let him have his personal belongings with him in that unit. Anyways, I hope all is well!!💗

do97jdl 08-10-2020 11:01 PM

At least he's on his way out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by natalie808 (Post 7824232)
Hi everybody :hugme: I just want to share this with anyone who is interested. My LO is at Pollock, high security federal prison. We've been waiting for the case manager to come along with a date for the hwh. Out of nowhere she shows up with a date & abruptly tells him he is going to another unit for quarantine (I thought we would have a little notice beforehand). What is so bothersome to me (sorry I'm a cry baby)...is that we didn't know he would have zero access to phones for the 21days. He was put in quarantine Friday & today is Thursday, I was so used to his calls. Just wasn't expecting that, so it'll be a long 3 weeks but joy at the end of the tunnel. I do wonder though if they let him have his personal belongings with him in that unit. Anyways, I hope all is well!!💗

As frustration and concerning as it is not to hear from them, hopefully he will be home soon enough.
You should be able to write him via snail mail though (on B&W paper with black pen, of course).
My son is stuck in his place right now and this lockdown happened just as he was going to be moved to another prison to partake in the RDAP program, before half-way house, which would have cut up to a year off his sentence (although any time off is good).
If they continue to hold them where they are now, and he;s unable to transfer to another place with the program, he will lose the opportunity to participate in the program all together :-(

natalie808 08-11-2020 12:45 AM

I hope he doesn't lose the opportunity to get out sooner. Where is he? Why can't they transferhim?
Quote:

Originally Posted by do97jdl (Post 7824792)
As frustration and concerning as it is not to hear from them, hopefully he will be home soon enough.
You should be able to write him via snail mail though (on B&W paper with black pen, of course).
My son is stuck in his place right now and this lockdown happened just as he was going to be moved to another prison to partake in the RDAP program, before half-way house, which would have cut up to a year off his sentence (although any time off is good).
If they continue to hold them where they are now, and he;s unable to transfer to another place with the program, he will lose the opportunity to participate in the program all together :-(