Prison Talk

Prison Talk (
-   Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service (
-   -   How to transfer special parole from CT to MA? (

DeviantSimian 03-05-2017 12:06 AM

How to transfer special parole from CT to MA?
Hi, I have a friend incarcerated at OCI and we're trying to figure out how to move him out of CT to MA when he gets out in June. From what I understand, he has to write a letter to the BoPP requesting to transfer to Mass, but since he will be released on special parole and Mass doesn't have that, we aren't sure what to do. I know he needs to be able to tell them where he'll live, have a phone number, and preferably have employment lined up; are there other things he needs to do? Does anyone else have experience with this? I've never known anyone who's been to prison before, so I'm sort of stumbling through trying to figure out how to help him. Any advice would really be great.

CenTexLyn 03-05-2017 07:47 AM

Without knowing the distinction between 'special parole' and regular supervised releases, this would seem to be something that still has to meet the criteria for a transfer under the Interstate Compact. He would have to show an affirmative tie to the other State. Further, Connecticut has historically been bad about requiring one to actually show proof of residence in that other State prior to submitting the paperwork...and even then, they can STILL be difficult.

The example I have from many years ago involved a client who was arrested and sentenced in CT. At the time of arrest, their Texas Driver's License and Texas address were noted on the report. Connecticut STILL tried to challenge her ties to the State of Texas and substantially delayed submitting paperwork to effect a transfer of supervision.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online