Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Elsa's Inmate Card Projects (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   The Card Forum Chit Chat ~ May 2012 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601661)

ALA 04-30-2012 09:52 PM

The Card Forum Chit Chat ~ May 2012

Hey everyone and welcome to MAY !! I can't believe we are starting another month already. I am excited to see what May has to bring our way. Anyone have anything the are looking forward to this month that they want tos hare ?

Stoneite 05-01-2012 12:33 AM

Happy May Day everyone! Sadly it's not a glorious May Day here in the UK, it's cold, wet and windy (so no surprises there!) so I decided that on balance it wasn't the sort of day for Maypole dancing. I'll be going to Ambleside in the Lake District for a few days on the 18th so I'm hoping it will warm up a bit by then. If not, instead of doing lots of healthy walking I'll be shopping and sitting in coffee shops. On second thoughts, perhaps I don't want it to warm up!

lisainengland 05-01-2012 01:58 AM

Merry Month of May everyone :D Yes as Stoneite says we have cold windy wet weather here :( Lets hope it warms up soon !!!

I am looking forward to the swaps we have going on during May. I love swaps and I love brightening somebodys day a little. :D

Happy 1st May everyone :thumbsup:

kirstyenarno 05-01-2012 02:18 AM

Yesterday we've had such beautiful weather on Dutch Queensday :-) But today we woke up with thunder and lightening. My boys have holiday this week (my youngest will go to school on thursday and friday though).
Hopefully the weather will change for the better soon here in Europe :-)

And I hope we can brighten the day of many people who need brightening, through the card swap!
I have made a start on the mothersday swap. Ussually I am very well prepared for the next one, but still have come up with nothing for the "love my inmate" swap. That is, I have plenty of fancy paper, now I need to figure out what to write.... But most of the time, onece I get started there's no stopping ;-)

Have a great month of May everyone :-)

Kirsty in the Netherlands

texnanny 05-01-2012 07:20 AM

Happy First of May....

May is usually one of the best months weatherwise here in our part of Texas, so we just enjoy spending time working on the flowers and being outside. Soon it will be 100 degrees, then this old lady is at the pool or inside.

This month is Mother's Day so I have so many emotions going on.

ALA 05-01-2012 07:40 AM

:grouphug: Pat :grouphug: We are here if we can help at all

Stoenite I see you survived the first swap you've hosted !!! :clap: You're now stuck with us ! ;)

Kirsty I have some cards ready ... I just have to figure out something cute to include. You, Bonnie and Jody keep me on my toes. :)

Lisa we are swap-aholics ! :cheers:

Mellymel418 05-01-2012 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy May everyone!!! April showers bring May flowers!!! So I'm sure everyones areas are looking beautiful!!!

Today is my sweet baby's 20th birthday! It feels like yesterday I was sitting in the hospital listening to all the Brits in my ward making fun of all Americans because of the LA Riots were going on at the time!!! It doesnt feel like that was 20 years ago! And I was only 21 at the time!!! I don't feel older than 35 so where the heck has all the time gone!

So here's my 20 year old baby! :) happy birthday J!

Attachment 68346

And how appropriate that she's #20 in the picture too!!! Lol today is also our great grandfathers birthday well her great my grandpa! He passed away when I was 6 he would be so proud of his J!

Pat thanks for the wishes to J I'll pass it on to her tonight at dinner!

I hope everyone is having a great day the weather is beautiful for now we are suppose to have some severe storms later today!!!

Have a great day!

I completely forgot about love my inmate so I'm sitting out this swap! I'll just spoil my guys this month with extra mail from me :)

texnanny 05-01-2012 10:14 AM

:angry:OMG...yall better watch me. I haven't gotten a letter in over a week, so I call the unit and Popeye got a case last week.:argh: I do not know what to think or do anymore, of course the lady in classifications will only tell me he got a case, not anything about what it is. :blah: So I wrote to my dear grandson to ask him, now I have to wait for his response. This means he will NOT get his phone privileges back in May(no birthday or Mothers Day call for me). And his Parole review is now off the table. He may do ALL his time. I do not know whether to strangle him or what. :hmm:

At least I know if I do you all will send me cards and letters if I get locked up right? Sorry, gotta laugh so I don't cry.

Mellymel418 05-01-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texnanny
:angry:OMG...yall better watch me. I haven't gotten a letter in over a week, so I call the unit and Popeye got a case last week.:argh: I do not know what to think or do anymore, of course the lady in classifications will only tell me he got a case, not anything about what it is. :blah: So I wrote to my dear grandson to ask him, now I have to wait for his response. This means he will NOT get his phone privileges back in May(no birthday or Mothers Day call for me). And his Parole review is now off the table. He may do ALL his time. I do not know whether to strangle him or what. :hmm:

At least I know if I do you all will send me cards and letters if I get locked up right? Sorry, gotta laugh so I don't cry.

Pat I just sent him a card telling him to behave and stay focused and positive or gmaw and I were coming for a visit to make sure he does!!!! Sorry Pat this all so hard! We need to get this boy refocused on his goals!

And of course I'll send cards and letters if you get locked up! :)

ALA 05-01-2012 10:39 AM

Awe Pat :grouphug: It's not a good day for you :( I hope that it's not very serious .. keep us posted. :grouphug:

kirstyenarno 05-01-2012 11:02 AM

Pat :grouphug: take care. I hope you soon find out what's going on...
Kirsty
ps I will send you cards and letters (and funnys and poems and puzzles and photos) ;-)

Stoneite 05-01-2012 01:30 PM

:grouphug: Pat, sorry you're having such a hard time, I hope it all blows over. We'll all come and visit you - we can make it a PTO gtg!

Mel, happy birthday to your daughter, and happy memories of your grandpa.

And you've all reminded me that my job isn't over yet, I now have to send out all my cards! :D

mysticblue07 05-01-2012 01:38 PM

Happy May everyone! I started my day with an audit at work from the state banking department. :eek: But, because I do my job right all is well and no violations! :thumbsup: Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tex...sooo sorry to hear about Popeye :( In the Jpay last week I told him I hoped he was behaving...guess we are gonna have to whip him into shape come July :p

Stoneite...hope the weather starts getting better over there!:D It's REALLY hot here today...like 92 degrees with 90% humidity. I'm so not looking forward to this summer. :mad:

#1...do YOU have anything you are looking forward to this month? ;)

Lisa...I'm glad you love the swaps because you do a FAB job with them :thumbsup:

Kirsty...hope you and the boys have a great week :)

Mel...Happy Birthday to your daughter :bday:

Hope everyone else has a Terrific Tuesday!!

lisainengland 05-01-2012 03:46 PM

Evening everyone, I am just off to bed. I am seriously tired and I have earache :( I also have my grandaughter staying tonight so tomorrow morning will be chaotic LOL :D

Kirsty - We havent had thunder or lightening yet just plenty of rain :rolleyes: I hope you and the boys are having a fun week :D

Tex - I am so sorry to hear about Popeye, I hope it doesnt go too badly for him :grouphug: And you can count on me to be your penpal ;)

#1 - I know I just cant help it, I love the swaps :beer:

Melly - I hope your daughter had a great birthday and that you all had a fun dinner tonight :bday:

Stoneite - Well the weather hasnt got any better here , how is it for you ;)
Thanks for the great job you did on the Love Your Inmate swap, I am starting my cards tomorrow :D

Mystic - Ooh I hate audits, I'm glad yours went ok and thanks for the great job you did on the Mothers Day swap :D

Ok time for bed :sleepy: Have a lovely evening everyone :D

PTO78678 05-01-2012 03:53 PM

May day is not being good to me at all.....

Lost my ID card and bus pass. This sucks. I take the bus 4 times a day. That's $2.50 per ride! Today is not my lucky day :(

Aloha from far away............ Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

Mellymel418 05-01-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaredsmermaid
May day is not being good to me at all.....

Lost my ID card and bus pass. This sucks. I take the bus 4 times a day. That's $2.50 per ride! Today is not my lucky day :(

Aloha from far away............ Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

I'm sorry Alona hopefully they show up! Maybe in the wrong pocket of your purse? Or maybe some kind stranger found them and will put them in the mail to you!!!

Lovemitty 05-01-2012 07:02 PM

Hi ladies. It seems like a few of us are having "not so great" days. 6 years ago today my dad went into the hospital for some elective surgery and never came out. He passed away the day before my birthday. :( So this is a hard week for me.
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Keep us posted when you here from him.
Ms. "Summer" sorry to hear your bad news too. Hopefully some nice person will find it and turn it in How long before you can get it replaced if it doesn't show up?

Mel- I hope your baby has a great birthday.

Shari- DO you have have something your looking forward to this month? Mothers Day, maybe?

Stacy, congrats on passing the audit!!!!

The only "good" thing that came out of today for me was I didn't get any letters from my pals but I got the most awesomest (is that a word? Lol) card from a very special friend and it made me cry "happy" tears rather than the "sad" ones I was crying. That in itself made up for the "no mail" at the post office!!! I really have some AWESOME friends!!!

I have 1 email to get out then off to bed. I just need to get thru the next few days and I'll be ok!!

Happy Hump Day (I'm sure it's after midnight "somewhere" lol)

Mellymel418 05-01-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovemitty
Hi ladies. It seems like a few of us are having "not so great" days. 6 years ago today my dad went into the hospital for some elective surgery and never came out. He passed away the day before my birthday. :( So this is a hard week for me.
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Keep us posted when you here from him.
Ms. "Summer" sorry to hear your bad news too. Hopefully some nice person will find it and turn it in How long before you can get it replaced if it doesn't show up?

Mel- I hope your baby has a great birthday.

Shari- DO you have have something your looking forward to this month? Mothers Day, maybe?

Stacy, congrats on passing the audit!!!!

The only "good" thing that came out of today for me was I didn't get any letters from my pals but I got the most awesomest (is that a word? Lol) card from a very special friend and it made me cry "happy" tears rather than the "sad" ones I was crying. That in itself made up for the "no mail" at the post office!!! I really have some AWESOME friends!!!

I have 1 email to get out then off to bed. I just need to get thru the next few days and I'll be ok!!

Happy Hump Day (I'm sure it's after midnight "somewhere" lol)

Sorry about your dad lori even if 6 years ago! :( hope you make it through the week ok! And enjoy your birthday too! That happen to a friend of mine her husband went in for hernia surgery and when they opened him up it wasn't a hernia it was a massive tumor in stomach disguised as a hernia! He passed away a week later, that was 7 years ago this week! His daughter just graduated high school last year :(

And thank you my baby had a great birthday and we had a wonderful time at dinner!!!! :)

mysticblue07 05-01-2012 07:35 PM

Jared's I hope you find your id and bus pass :( once I thought I lost my debit card...canceled it and everything. Then a few days later I found it under my couch. Lol. Hopefully you just misplaced it?

Love so sorry your having such a hard week. Keeping you in my thoughts :)

melandunewen 05-01-2012 10:13 PM

Happy may Day everyone a day late... since it's midnight. I started off the morning tangled up in my new splints and my cpap machine. Then I got up and Ivy out to the bus and while we were waiting for the bus to come (I take the jeep down the drive so she don't have to stand in the wind until we can get her asthma under control), I decided to use my new phone to call and see if our food stamps was on our card. So I dialed the 888 number on the back of the card but being clumsy with a new phone, i accidently misdialed and instead of getting the DSS number I got "dial a sex kitten" instead. I had my speaker on because I was expecting that I would have enter a series of numbers instead I get "hello sexy, would you like to get to know my friends?" Now Ivy is in the passenger seat, half asleep until this comes over my phone and now she is WIDE AWAKE and because it's a new phone I can't get the dang thing to turn off. Meanwhile this lady keeps on with her um invitation... and Ivy's eyes keeps getting wider and I'm in panic mode to turn the phone off. Of course, my brain can't remember immediately how to turn it off so it takes a few minutes before I finally turn the phone off to stop the call. The plus side is that instead of going to school in her normal zombie mode, Ivy actually went on the bus wide awake.... and i spent the rest of the day learning how to program and operate my phone...... and yes, we did go to see my husband tonight, and guess what was the first thing Ivy had to tell her daddy.... I just had to laugh...

Stoneite 05-02-2012 12:41 AM

Lori, I'm sorry about your dad. It never stops hurting, does it? :grouphug:
Becki ... :D that must be everyone's worst nightmare come true! I hope Ivy didn't tell too many of her friends, and I hope your husband saw the funny side!

Lisa - hope your earache's better. My grandmother's cure was warm olive oil poured into my ear, which I hated.

Hope your ID and bus pass turned up Alona.

lisainengland 05-02-2012 04:41 AM

Morning everyone, I had some surprise visitors this morning, 3 little kittens. My cat had them in the shed :eek: I didnt even know she was pregnant, I just thought she was fat !!!! Anyway Mum and babies are all tucked up safe and warm in a box indoors now :D

Jareds - I hope your buspass and ID turn up somewhere soon :(

Lori -Congrats on the card from your pal but I am sorry to hear about your Dad :grouphug:

Melly - Glad your daughter had a great day :D

Mystic - I am forever losing my debit card ;)

Becki - Hahahahaha, sorry that is just so funny, I bet your husband found it hilarious as well :haha::ha:

Stoneite - Warm oil was my Mum's cure for earache and I have tried that. It didnt help much but it was comforting :)

Happy Hump Day everyone :D

melandunewen 05-02-2012 05:17 AM

He took it all in good fun, he never takes anything too seriously. None of us do.

jmanning 05-02-2012 05:18 AM

Good morning everyone,

One more final on thursday... :yay: Then I am done til august. And I went for a job interview yesterday and it went good. Just waiting to get a callback. I am so ready to go back t work. The place I applied at will even work with me when I go back to school.
Dale goes for classification today, which means his out date will change :yay: I will keep ya all posted.
I hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.

Jan

texnanny 05-02-2012 07:37 AM

Good Morning all..Thank all of you for promising to put me on card list whenever I get my hands on Popeye. Hey, maybe that is why they took away his contact visits, so I won't be getting in trouble too.:hmm:

Mel- Thank you.:confused: I keep sending him pictures of his goal, I just think he is worried that his parents will fight him on custody(they love having her), long story, they have completely cut him off.

Stacy- As soon as I have anymore info will let you know,I sent him a Jpay yesterday and told him I want to hear his side of the story.

Kirsty-Thank you. And if I am gone from here for very long look me up on the TDC website so you can send me mail.:o I love puzzles and funnies.

Stone- Love the idea of a PTO gtg to visit me, I may need it.:eek:

Mystic- Thank you for telling him to behave, maybe he just needs a lot of positive reenforcement and encouragement.;) And yes, in July we are gonna give him a lesson in proper behavior.Can't wait.

Lisa- Yeah my first penpal for when I get my hands on him.

Love- So sorry you are having a hard time. I went through the same thing with my Mom in February, she walked in for elective laproscopic gall bladder surgery and never came home, I hurt for you.:grouphug:

Becki- TOO funny, you made me laugh. Thank you.

Jan- Hope things go well for Dale, will keep you in our prayers.