Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=649)
-   -   Member Posts, How to calculate federal good time. (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36248)

bellisq 01-06-2011 08:33 PM

You will do the full time. Good time credit only gets applied to sentences of more than a year.

alex5357aa 01-06-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellisq (Post 5876535)
You will do the full time. Good time credit only gets applied to sentences of more than a year.

thank you :( and not even 85% as my lawyer was saying?O_o

alex5357aa 01-06-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellisq (Post 5876535)

and i was looking in internet and wasnt find nothing about some restrictions for good time credit thats its should be more then a year in sentences.:confused:

thank you

patchouli 01-07-2011 10:41 AM

I'm not really familiar with Federal, but I believe you'll get credit for time served (41 days). That's a good chunk off 10 months. Good luck to you....it'll go by faster than you think. Please read all you can before you go. Have a safe & speedy journey; let us know when you get Home :)

alex5357aa 01-07-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchouli (Post 5877534)
I'm not really familiar with Federal, but I believe you'll get credit for time served (41 days). That's a good chunk off 10 months. Good luck to you....it'll go by faster than you think. Please read all you can before you go. Have a safe & speedy journey; let us know when you get Home :)

thank you very much..just try to find out do i will get this credit time or not....some people saying i should get at least 1 year at sentence to get this time credit ( and they saying 47 to 54 days ) ... thank you

alex5357aa 01-07-2011 05:47 PM

and do i eligible for parole or other program for early release?Thank you

MelissaTx 01-10-2011 06:00 PM

There is no parole in the Feds. On a 10 month sentence you will serve 10 months. I know now 10 months seems like YRs, but there are MANY people that would love a 10month sentence.

SunnysideUp39 01-12-2011 02:59 PM

I have a loved one about to self surrender. She was sentenced to 17 months and was told that she would only have to actually serve about 7.5 months. What she explained to me is that you have to serve 85% of your time (14.5), then; you get one day off for every day served for good behavior = 7.25. Is this actually true or is someone lying to her?

tinker74 01-19-2011 05:34 PM

I have been sentenced to 5 months. Will i serve all 5 months or can i get some time off for good behavior? I am going to El Reno Prison Camp. Any info will be appreciated.

jevaco 02-07-2011 02:40 AM

how much time

My son was sentenced to 24 months. He has been in custody for 11 months. How much time will he have to serve.

stuckinperg 02-07-2011 04:50 AM

24 months * .87 = 20.9 - 11 already served = roughly 10 months, assuming no losses of good time, and assuming the time in custody counts(if he is in a jail/prison/detention center, usually it does from what I have heard, however if he is in something like a half way house, it may not).

I am not sure on when he would go to a HWH, but on a 24 month sentance I would guess a couple of months, so he could get out of prison and go to the HWH after 8-10 months, then to the HWH. This is all making the following assumptions

"in custody" = in a jail, prison, or detention center, and nothing else prevents the time from counting.

that he qualifies for HWH time

that he does not lose good time

Kayla28 02-07-2011 11:26 AM

If someone was sentenced to 110 months and on the day of their sentencing they had served 13 months already, what would their time be?

bellisq 02-07-2011 01:33 PM

HI Kayla, there's no magic box to go to to get the answer, so the easiest thing to do is to look up his name on bop.gov. the date given will have good time deducted, but include his halfway house time.

jevaco 02-07-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckinperg (Post 5947916)
24 months * .87 = 20.9 - 11 already served = roughly 10 months, assuming no losses of good time, and assuming the time in custody counts(if he is in a jail/prison/detention center, usually it does from what I have heard, however if he is in something like a half way house, it may not).

I am not sure on when he would go to a HWH, but on a 24 month sentance I would guess a couple of months, so he could get out of prison and go to the HWH after 8-10 months, then to the HWH. This is all making the following assumptions

"in custody" = in a jail, prison, or detention center, and nothing else prevents the time from counting.

that he qualifies for HWH time

that he does not lose good time

The judge said his time will count. Do you know anything about home detention? He has been in a county jail and will need to go to the location for processing (federal). Then home is approx 1500 miles away. Do you have any idea of processing and travel time?

jp515 02-16-2011 08:08 PM

calculate time

Can somebody tell me how to calculate when my sister will be coming home???
She was sentenced on 12/16/2010 for 3y4mo in state prison. and she's been in jail since sept 1 2009. Idk what to do with this. she is awaiting prison. Still in the county jail. Somebody please help so I can look forward to that day!!

feesha 03-13-2011 02:54 PM

How long is 33 months in federal time with good behavior and RDAP? I'm new to this and i dont know how they calculate the time.

tinkntaz 03-31-2011 01:32 PM

ok may be someone can help me..i try to understand this stuff but i dont get alot about the federal sentencing...my freind is got 5 years surrended 1/14/2011..but when i got on the federal locator its says that his expected release date is 5/22/15 now does that mean thats the earliest or can he be released or can it be earlier..plus he was told if he helps other inmates and teachers classes then it will go to in his fave as far as tie off...any one know anything about that??...is it the truth or are they just blowing smoke to get really cheap help??

PTO-97580 03-31-2011 03:51 PM

The 5/22/ 15 is the earliest he can get out unless he does the RDAP program which could get him up to a year off but he has to qualify based on previous drug or alcohol abuse and does not have gun or violence charges. As far as teaching and helping inmates is pretty much blowing smoke. There is no additional time off for those activities

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkntaz (Post 6059633)
ok may be someone can help me..i try to understand this stuff but i dont get alot about the federal sentencing...my freind is got 5 years surrended 1/14/2011..but when i got on the federal locator its says that his expected release date is 5/22/15 now does that mean thats the earliest or can he be released or can it be earlier..plus he was told if he helps other inmates and teachers classes then it will go to in his fave as far as tie off...any one know anything about that??...is it the truth or are they just blowing smoke to get really cheap help??

tinkntaz 04-01-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 6059889)
The 5/22/ 15 is the earliest he can get out unless he does the RDAP program which could get him up to a year off but he has to qualify based on previous drug or alcohol abuse and does not have gun or violence charges. As far as teaching and helping inmates is pretty much blowing smoke. There is no additional time off for those activities

thanks:thumbsup: thats what i kind of thought....i hate to tell him that:mad:and he doesnt have any drug problems..well didnt before he went in..hope that stays the same..but who knows what can happen on the inside...:confused:..so he cant do the RDAP..thanks for answering :)

danidiah 04-01-2011 02:33 PM

I am so confused as to how my husbands time was calculated! The Judge ordered 36 months and denied his attorneys request to credit the 14 months he already spent on the charge. That was in december. So his attorney said he'd only serve 30 of that which ends up being around may of 2013. The BOP website says his out date is july of 2012. PLEASE tell me this is not an error. And if it is not, is July when he's done done- like his hwh time will already been served? Or does this not take into account good time or hwh time? SO confused.

bellisq 04-01-2011 03:08 PM

If your husband was incarcerated for 14 months and he had no other charges, then the BOP will credit him for that time. The judge has no say on the credit, well, he said it, but the BOP doesn't take that into account when they do the final figure. Your husband will receive an official out date, go by that rather than the BOP web site. The scenario you describe is too complex to give an accurate assessment, but your husband will know the answer. He will get 47 days good time credit per year and should also get credit for the 14 months of pre-sentence incarceration.

Carloswife4ever 06-26-2011 01:46 AM

Hi, if anyone can answer a 87 month sentence what are the good time calculations? Thanks.

bellisq 06-27-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnysideUp39 (Post 5888855)
I have a loved one about to self surrender. She was sentenced to 17 months and was told that she would only have to actually serve about 7.5 months. What she explained to me is that you have to serve 85% of your time (14.5), then; you get one day off for every day served for good behavior = 7.25. Is this actually true or is someone lying to her?

14.5 mo will probably be the sentence served. She may get to go to a halfway house for a few up to 6 months, but that is still part of the sentence. no such thing as day for day reduction, just a fantasy.

Kayla28 07-21-2011 04:30 PM

So reading the ENTIRE Designation and Sentence Computation Programming statement and guidelines, here is an easy way to estimate good time. Whatever the sentence was, multiply it by 85% (so .85) then round up to the next whole number and then subtract the time served (do the lowest whole number), and then that is what he/she will have left to serve. If the inmate gets tickets or violations or are involved in fighting or gang related issues, good time will be taken off and will show up on the bop website as calculated into their good time. For example, my guy was sentenced to 110 months and had 14 months time served at the time of his sentence. The equation would be, 110 x .85 = 93.5 then round up to 94 - 14 (time served) = 80 months left to serve. I hope this helps and makes things easier. This is without the RDAP program (that is subject to 0-12 months off time) and a halfway house which is a maximum of 10% or 6months (whichever is less) off the sentence.

So here's the basic equation:
Length of Sentence x .85 then round up to the next whole number - time served = length left to be served

JillyJill717 09-21-2011 07:22 PM

Is the 85% rule the same thing as "goodtime?" I'm new to all of this but the numbers don't come out the same. What is the difference, if there is one, and are they cumulative?