Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
-   -   Greene CF (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597541)

Sheana15 04-06-2012 07:10 AM

Greene CF

Hubby is being transferred to Greene! Does anyone know anything about it?

Momma Ann 04-06-2012 07:24 AM

did you read the sticky?

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87440

MissBehavinn 04-23-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheana15 (Post 6690554)
Hubby is being transferred to Greene! Does anyone know anything about it?

Make sure you get there early! The visiting room can fill up fast and processing takes a little while.

Sheana15 04-23-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissBehavinn

Make sure you get there early! The visiting room can fill up fast and processing takes a little while.

I'm going this Sunday!!! Thank you! Do they end visits early if it gets too many ppl?

Momma Ann 04-24-2012 06:37 AM

every prison terminates visits if there are too many people visiting.

djbarr1465 05-02-2012 01:02 PM

I have ahd nothing but good experience with Greene. The CO's are helpful and will go out of their way to get you thru the process. One of the easiet and nices ones to visit at.

MissVal1920 05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Hey Sheana! So glad he's outta there... I hear great things about Greene and I hope everything is smooth from here on. :)

mandarose 06-14-2012 10:16 AM

This sounds good, I feel relieved some what...

Sheana15 07-17-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissVal1920
Hey Sheana! So glad he's outta there... I hear great things about Greene and I hope everything is smooth from here on. :)

I'm just seeing this and I am oh so late!!! But I must say so far everything is going great!!! Thank you!!!

Sheana15 07-17-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandarose
This sounds good, I feel relieved some what...

It's actually a good place, so far!! No complaints

mandarose 07-17-2012 07:48 PM

Good, hoping to make my first trip there Saturday (:

Lizatwin1 07-18-2012 08:09 PM

I went to visit my friend last Saturday there & the C.O.s were great!!! however I now know that each facility makes their own rules. I say this because no one can visit at Greene with sleeveless top. There is no directive that states this. My husband who is in max at Shawangunk I wear sleeveless there every weekend this summer. Never denied entry. I was glad that Greene doesn't permit leggings since many women don't utilize at their discretion what's appropriate fitting.
The biggest issue I had is that you must wait outside in the heat and garbage overflowing outside which stinks awful and the inconsiderate people ? I want to say other but I will be civil, these people smoking on top of others infants children elders. It was appalling, I was angered and disgusted. They were primarily people who stepped off the van service. Not saying all were but most were offensive. Older woman cursing in front of children. I struggled containing myself from opening my mouth! I was so out of my element and thought how their behaviors contribute to the criticism and treatment families and visitors receive from DOCs , their employees, and society in general.
Then is the red knitted bags that are for packages. Omg! These people acted like savages. The C.O. comes out and hands one person a red bag that holds several but not enough, and it was females pushing cursing about getting a red bag.
The staff great. Facility accommodating. The experience being around these people was such a negative that I told my friend I will write, buy him what he may need, put the phone on for him but I won't return there. Again this is my perspective and any decent human being will agree about what I witnessed screams shame!

mandarose 07-18-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizatwin1
I went to visit my friend last Saturday there & the C.O.s were great!!! however I now know that each facility makes their own rules. I say this because no one can visit at Greene with sleeveless top. There is no directive that states this. My husband who is in max at Shawangunk I wear sleeveless there every weekend this summer. Never denied entry. I was glad that Greene doesn't permit leggings since many women don't utilize at their discretion what's appropriate fitting.
The biggest issue I had is that you must wait outside in the heat and garbage overflowing outside which stinks awful and the inconsiderate people ? I want to say other but I will be civil, these people smoking on top of others infants children elders. It was appalling, I was angered and disgusted. They were primarily people who stepped off the van service. Not saying all were but most were offensive. Older woman cursing in front of children. I struggled containing myself from opening my mouth! I was so out of my element and thought how their behaviors contribute to the criticism and treatment families and visitors receive from DOCs , their employees, and society in general.
Then is the red knitted bags that are for packages. Omg! These people acted like savages. The C.O. comes out and hands one person a red bag that holds several but not enough, and it was females pushing cursing about getting a red bag.
The staff great. Facility accommodating. The experience being around these people was such a negative that I told my friend I will write, buy him what he may need, put the phone on for him but I won't return there. Again this is my perspective and any decent human being will agree about what I witnessed screams shame!

Sounds awful.. I can't tolerate people like that.. I hope I don't encounter folks like that >.<