Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346)
-   -   Craven Correctional Institution (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258392)

buttafly84 03-19-2007 09:16 PM

Craven Correctional Institution

if anyone has anyinfo on Craven CI please let me know. things like visitation, marriage, mail, or just basically how they are. my fiance just got moved there last Friday and i am worried because i don't know much about it.

Niightdrmr 03-19-2007 10:19 PM

HI - I know some about Craven feel free to PM me if you would like to ask any questions....

Kelly

mel2020 03-20-2007 07:49 AM

My honey did some time at Craven and it was by the far the worst place he's been. Not so much the surroundings, etc, but they are strict about the rules. Most places don't limit calls, etc. but they will and do! :blah: I can't mention about the visits because no one went to see him there as we were all too far away and he was only there briefly--thank goodness! I need my calls! :thumbsup:

buttafly84 03-20-2007 07:52 AM

i know they do limit calls to 2 calls a month for 10 minutes each. what else can you tell me about the administration.

devoted2chris 03-20-2007 10:16 AM

Buttafly

Every prison in North Carolina restricts the number of phone calls. That doesn't mean that the inmate can't find ways around it. Chris is at Pasquotank currenty and they as well only get two 10 minutes calls a month yet he manages to call sometimes up to 10 times a day. They have never done anything about it. And it was the same way at Marion.

If you want to know more information about the administration look up the prisons' website there is usually specific information about each member of the adminstration.

Hope this helps some.

buttafly84 03-20-2007 03:49 PM

devoted2chris

how much are your phone bills for each call? i haven't had a chance to find out yet?

mel2020 03-21-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devoted2chris
Every prison in North Carolina restricts the number of phone calls.

Not true. Craven was the ONLY camp he's been to that held true to the 2 calls/month for brown clothes. The other medium camps didn't. He could call whenever the phones were on, as many times as he wanted (even the strictly felony medium camp). The warden/superintendent has discretion as to whether or not to abide by the BOP guideline. Obviously, the Super at Craven has a bug up his butt! :D

buttafly84 03-21-2007 02:12 PM

well is there any way around the 2 calls a month or does it just get easier to call once you have been there a while and know more people and CO's?

mel2020 03-21-2007 05:23 PM

Hopefully he won't be there long so he won't have to worry about it. Give him some time and let him figure it out (he will!). I warn you both, don't just trust someone. He may seem cool--until he wants something in return. So, don't let him jump at the chance just to be able to call. My man wasn't there that long (thank goodness) so I don't have any advice in that department :cool:

kmwhaley 12-25-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niightdrmr (Post 2625430)
HI - I know some about Craven feel free to PM me if you would like to ask any questions....

Kelly

Hey I know your post is probably old but i was wondering if you still had some info to share on Craven... my fiance is getting moved there within the enxt 3-4 weeks

1Summerann 10-24-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttafly84 (Post 2625277)
if anyone has anyinfo on Craven CI please let me know. things like visitation, marriage, mail, or just basically how they are. my fiance just got moved there last Friday and i am worried because i don't know much about it.

Mine is there for processing..hope he be gone from there next few weeks...btw he call all the time now.sometmes back to back