Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Covid -19 (Corona Virus) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1715)
-   -   Free video visit announced in 4/16 CDOC press release (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722188)

JAMming234 04-16-2020 12:43 PM

Free video visit announced in 4/16 CDOC press release

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in Colorado, the Department of Corrections has
been working with state and local partners to proactively prevent the introduction and spread of
COVID-19 into the state prison system. The Department’s prevention and response efforts have
continued to adapt to the changing circumstances during this global pandemic.
Below is an overview of the numerous steps the Department has taken in order to protect staff
and inmates during the COVID-19 crisis:

Read full memo below:

drive.google.com/file/d/1hBHKE7APF6wwaub-W_Piya3C-yAhmuGV/view

patchouli 04-16-2020 08:17 PM

Wow...that seems to be a pretty comprehensive list. Way down on page 4 I saw this:
Quote:

CDOC has temporarily suspended arrests of parolees for low level technical
parole violations.

That is something that every state should have been doing all along....and I don't mean since covid-19, I mean all along....all the way back to the creation of Probation & Parole. Somewhere in their job title is / should be written, "To help parolees and probationers stay on this side of the Injustice System through the use of community resources to give offenders the confidence & knowledge to find sustainable employment & the motivation / determination to stay clean of alcohol and drugs."

maytayah 04-17-2020 01:25 PM

I have only been charged for one of 2 visits this Saturday. I guess that is my first free visit . Sadly my husbands facility is on modified lock down if he goes on full lockdown we wonít be able to have these visits. So sad I know itís for safety but itís so hard.

maytayah 04-19-2020 07:47 AM

I had my two video visits last night (PM his time ) and I have to say they were slightly better quality than the last one we had. It was not as pixelated.

Anyway I went onto GTL to book next weeks visits and i got the option to book a free visit so it does work.

10 minutes is just not enough though so I am booking 2 back to back.

Its great to see him on the video but I can't wait until the visiting restrictions are lifted and we can have our hugs and kisses.

Revenwyn 04-24-2020 10:58 PM

Meanwhile in Bent County they never got their video visits up and then they went on full lockdown on 4/15 and are expected to be on lockdown until 5/1. I was also informed that they are delaying mail for 5 days upon arrival due to the fact that it could potentially carry the virus.

Today is his birthday. I'd hoped for a video visit with him but instead can't even get a phone call.

maytayah 05-06-2020 07:04 PM

I get the option to book one free video visit per week. I hope everyone is getting that option.

gallega1211 05-06-2020 11:52 PM

Me as well :)

Revenwyn 05-07-2020 05:53 PM

My husband's facility never got them running then they went on lockdown. They were off for about three days and now i haven't heard from him since Sunday again. With one confirmed case at his prison I think they're on lockdown again.

I hope that the video visits actually do get started there. But once this blows over I highly doubt Bent County Correctional Facility is going to care about getting video visits set up.

maytayah 05-22-2020 05:43 PM

The free video visits ended on the 17th May and have not been extended despite nothing changing. It looks like being a while before visits are reinstated and so I hope they extend the free video visits.

Revenwyn 05-25-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytayah (Post 7819608)
The free video visits ended on the 17th May and have not been extended despite nothing changing. It looks like being a while before visits are reinstated and so I hope they extend the free video visits.

When I signed up for my visit it said it was free. It was a date later than the 17th.

But they never got him out.

maytayah 05-25-2020 04:30 PM

Free video visits are no longer available now but were available in the week begining 17th May. We had a free visit on the 23rd May but the option for a free visit is no longer there.