Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=762)
-   -   Has anyone ever been banned from Dixon? Or any IDOC facility? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720791)

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-18-2019 07:58 AM

Has anyone ever been banned from Dixon? Or any IDOC facility?

If you have, please PM me. I'm looking for tips and pointers on how to get off the permanent ban list. It's not something I'm comfortable discussing in depth on a public forum, though.

patchouli 12-18-2019 10:59 AM

Any tips or pointers on how to get off the permanent ban list would be useful and much appreciated by both members & guests, now and in the future. For that reason, its really best if replies are on the board. Folks can give you tip & pointers w/o delving into why you're asking.

The only thing I can think of to advise is for you to reapply once every 6 months or so. Let them deny you, then write the Warden. Good luck!

MizzyMuffling 12-18-2019 12:24 PM

I'm just curious but what the hell happened? Wishing you good luck!

jessesgirl1111 12-18-2019 01:02 PM

We already discussed this but I’m curious if anyone has any other feedback!

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-18-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchouli (Post 7804780)
Any tips or pointers on how to get off the permanent ban list would be useful and much appreciated by both members & guests, now and in the future. For that reason, its really best if replies are on the board. Folks can give you tip & pointers w/o delving into why you're asking.

The only thing I can think of to advise is for you to reapply once every 6 months or so. Let them deny you, then write the Warden. Good luck!

I was going to add something like that but decided it looked too clumsy. So yes, if anyone wants to publicly add, please, do so.

I'm hopeful to see people say it's possible to have a ban lifted at an IDOC facility.

maytayah 12-18-2019 03:02 PM

I guess all you can do is appeal to the warden. Without knowing the circumstances its hard to advise. A good approach maybe to accept responsibility apologise for whatever happened and ask when it would be possible for you to reapply.

If there is any suggestion of criminal activity then that advise would not apply.Take legal advice in case there are consequences.

trauma4us 12-18-2019 04:38 PM

I second reapplying after 6 months. Also you might consider video visitation as a possibility? Emails via the tablets? Phone calls?

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-18-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trauma4us (Post 7804827)
I second reapplying after 6 months. Also you might consider video visitation as a possibility? Emails via the tablets? Phone calls?

I have been banned from both video and in-person. Itís devastating. Thankfully we still have email, phone, and letters... but to think I canít see his face for at least 6 months is crushing me. Iíll be alright though. I know I will.

patchouli 12-18-2019 07:05 PM

If, after reapplying & being denied a couple of times, maybe request a "special" visit. The Warden may be more prone to approve a 1-time, nothing promised visit, especially if your LO gets no other visits.

EDIT: I've heard of instances where 1-time special visits eventually became regular approved visits ;)

jessesgirl1111 12-18-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchouli (Post 7804839)
If, after reapplying & being denied a couple of times, maybe request a "special" visit. The Warden may be more prone to approve a 1-time, nothing promised visit, especially if your LO gets no other visits.

I tried this too. Heís family is all in Texas and they just donít give a shit. Dixon is a way diff facility than where my hubs is, but you donít know unless you try!!! Squeaky wheel gets the oil right!!!

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-19-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 (Post 7804840)
I tried this too. Heís family is all in Texas and they just donít give a shit. Dixon is a way diff facility than where my hubs is, but you donít know unless you try!!! Squeaky wheel gets the oil right!!!

I'm not gonna keep bugging him. I don't think my apology/culpability letter will move him, but I'm hopeful in 6 months time the ban will be lifted once I petition for it.

maytayah 12-19-2019 11:03 AM

I think an initial letter to accept responsibility and then a further application to visit in 6 months would be a good way forward. Maybe as others have said then request an initial special visit behind glass. Then go forward from there.

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-24-2019 02:59 PM

Does anyone know if I’ll need to re-apply/go through the background check again when the ban is lifted?

maytayah 12-24-2019 03:14 PM

Yes you do need to reapply for the ban to be lifted. As your ban is indefinite 6 months would be a good time to reapply.

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-24-2019 03:56 PM

No, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. I will be applying for the ban to be lifted in 6 months. But, if my ban is lifted, do I need to apply with IDOC again like you do the first time you apply to visit someone inside? Like do I need to submit a visitor application (once the ban is lifted) again?

maytayah 12-24-2019 04:46 PM

I think you need to make a new application for visiting to get the ban lifted. They will have removed you from his visiting list so you need to apply to go back on.

dmc45 12-24-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL (Post 7805333)
No, Iím sorry I wasnít clear. I will be applying for the ban to be lifted in 6 months. But, if my ban is lifted, do I need to apply with IDOC again like you do the first time you apply to visit someone inside? Like do I need to submit a visitor application (once the ban is lifted) again?

Like I said earlier, most likely they will remove you from his visitor list, so he will need to add you back. And it's also likely they will ask you to fill out a new form when you come for a visit.

ILLINOIS.PAL 12-24-2019 08:18 PM

And I guess I’d have to answer “yes, my visits have been restricted or denied” right? I know it’s a ways away until I can apply for removal of the ban, but I’ve got all these questions swimming around my head. I want to be prepared, no matter how far in advance I’m trying to figure this out.

I hope all y’all have a wonderful holiday season. Thanks for all your help.

jessesgirl1111 12-24-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL (Post 7805323)
Does anyone know if Iíll need to re-apply/go through the background check again when the ban is lifted?

Yes. Youíll have to send in copies of your id s well when you reapply.

jessesgirl1111 12-24-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL (Post 7805349)
And I guess Iíd have to answer ďyes, my visits have been restricted or deniedĒ right? I know itís a ways away until I can apply for removal of the ban, but Iíve got all these questions swimming around my head. I want to be prepared, no matter how far in advance Iím trying to figure this out.

I hope all yíall have a wonderful holiday season. Thanks for all your help.

Yep! :/ merry Christmas Eve!!!

jessesgirl1111 12-24-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmc45 (Post 7805341)
Like I said earlier, most likely they will remove you from his visitor list, so he will need to add you back. And it's also likely they will ask you to fill out a new form when you come for a visit.

Sorry for the multiple replies. Do not have him add you again until you handle this first. If he submits a new list, youíre in the midst of fixing this then theyíll deny you on the list and heíll have to wait a month. And yes youíll do a new pvi the whole shabang

chris idoc 01-20-2020 04:45 PM

Illinois.Pal,
You are free to reapply in 6 months but Illinois does not issue a permanent ban lightly, so it is doubtful that you will be approved. Especially, it the issue revolved around any security treat, such as contraband being introduced into the facility.
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this issue, in my 30+ years I never saw one removed.
Take Care Chris

ILLINOIS.PAL 03-19-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris idoc (Post 7808206)
Illinois.Pal,
You are free to reapply in 6 months but Illinois does not issue a permanent ban lightly, so it is doubtful that you will be approved. Especially, it the issue revolved around any security treat, such as contraband being introduced into the facility.
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this issue, in my 30+ years I never saw one removed.
Take Care Chris

How was holding up a bottle of wine during a video visit where I was 800 miles away on my couch ďintroducing contraband into the facilityĒ?

fbopnomore 03-20-2020 05:05 AM

That's an awful overreaction by the prison staff.

ILLINOIS.PAL 03-20-2020 08:22 AM

It was our 70th video visit since last March, and, I’d had 9 extended in-person visits with no rule breaking. But, they saw me hold up a wine bottle and take a sip (not drunk at all, was my first sip of wine) a few minutes into our video visit (like I said, done from 800 miles away) and banned me permanently and indefinitely because the rules are posted and read at the beginning of every visit (in my defense, the opening statements had been “you remember the rules right?” since probably August bc we did so many visits every month). Yes, I should have remembered. Yes, I allowed myself to gloss over the rules and stop paying attention. Yes, I messed up. But to be banned forever because I held up a wine bottle on my couch on a video screen 800 miles away?

I’ll be appealing here within the next few months, and I hope and pray they see I’ve learned my lesson, and that I had no intention other than to bring some normalcy to our relationship. It was “date night” and I thought it’d be cute.

I had written the then-warden a very humble and apologetic letter in December after they handed down my ban, but he kept it in place and re-emphasized to me that I can apply after 6 months to have the ban possibly lifted.

The whole thing sucks and I miss seeing him so bad. I actually had tickets I bought in November for this week - and I mean it would’ve been cancelled because the coronavirus (funny the way the world works right?)

So if anyone has any ideas on how I can best get my privilege reinstated, please let me know. I’ve learned my lesson and will not break the rules again, not for any reason.