Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which would you prefer with your man? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538510)

Rox73 04-12-2011 02:50 AM

Which would you prefer with your man?

If you could choose:

Would you rather be in a long distance relationship with him free, for the same amount of time he was sentenced to (however long it is)?
You could visit twice a year, have phonecalls whenever, emails, texting and skype.

OR

Would you rather keep things as they are with him in prison doing the same amount of time he was sentenced to and then be completely free to be with you 24/7?

paradise soul 04-12-2011 03:27 AM

OMG,which kind of question???? I would want him to be free, even if we couldnīt be together the way we want to be. Iīd get rid off a million worries and heartaches if I knew he is out, we can talk and donīt have to wait for a free phone! Damn, Iīm ready! Definitely long distance relationship.

HisFunSide 04-12-2011 04:16 AM

Had it been the beginning of our journey I would rather be in a long distance relationship with him
free, for the same amount of time he was sentenced to
. We are almost at the end so will keep things as they are, with him in prison
doing the same amount of time he was sentenced to and then
we will be completely free!

Sininen 04-12-2011 06:39 AM

The long distance thing, any given day!!!!!!!!!

lil peep 04-12-2011 06:54 AM

Long distance without a doubt! I know he would have a hard time with it, knowing he was out and couldn't see me all the time, but for ME I would choose long distance. I wouldn't be worried about him coming home alive b/c he's deal with all the crap that's going on right now where he's at. I worry about him...that's just the facts, but if he was home I would worry less and they would be about different things.

MissBehavinn 04-12-2011 07:00 AM

I really can't choose. I've been in both and they're both HORRIBLE!

Lorraine 04-12-2011 07:11 AM

I'm doin the long distance prison thing right now and it sucks! I would take a plain old LDR over prison. I already only get to see him twice a year but if he were out, at least I could see him on webcam and talk to him as much as I wanted. And with plain LDR, it can be over any time we want really. For prison LDR's, even if you move closer, you're still apart, you're still told when you can talk and visit, etc.

jonnysmomma 04-12-2011 07:25 AM

Long distance....cause then at least I could have sex twice in the year he's sentenced LOL

andsoweflow 04-12-2011 08:00 AM

Free free free. If that's the option, not matter how far, I'd rather him be free of this.

MIKAER 04-12-2011 08:11 AM

Right now we --do--- have a long distance relatationship. I am in the process of moving across the state, to the city he is paroling too. We talk on the phone a couple times a week. When I get there I will be able to visit on week-ends, for the remainder of his sentence, then He goes to rehab, so we still be visiting on week-ends for a while....

filmmaker101 04-12-2011 08:25 AM

I would prefer a long distance because then I wouldn't worry about him.... I was in a long distance relationship in the past, and it was up there as my last better ones. We always missed each other so much, and we got to spend breaks off of school together, but we both went away to different places for school. He still holds a special place in my heart because of how good a guy he was, he basically taught me to never settle for anything less.
Now, my husband is in a place and they were on lockdown the other day and someone got stabbed. I just want to make sure he gets out in one piece. His pinky finger has been swollen for months and he can't seem to get the healthcare he needs to get this taken care of. I'm going to look into contacting an MP (Member of Parliament) because he needs to be treated, before he ends up having to have it amputated, so for him to live a normal life where he can properly look after himself and out of that gutter of evil people I would take a long distance relationship any day.

rita mason 04-12-2011 08:55 AM

My hubby's doing 25 to life n I would prefer a prison relationship. I think that if he were somewhere far away n free to do whatever he wants to do, there would definitely be some major trust issues. We could have a long-distance friendship. I love my hubby n I just want him to be happy so if he were that far away, I would rather just release him so we can both move on. Besides, if he's free to do whatever he wants, why doesn't he just come home? I think that would bother me more than anything. It just wouldn't work.

moemom 04-12-2011 09:01 AM

I wish we could go back to being long distance, like we were before prison. Our lives were much less stressful when we were just in a long distance relationship.

NewYork/Hawaii 04-12-2011 09:08 AM

I’ve been in both situations with this man and just knowing that I could see him at any time just by hopping on a plane or that I could call him at any time to talk. I would choose long distance any day. There were times when he was on lockdown and I did not hear from him for a month or two and the stress of wondering if he was okay was terrible. But I’m so glad to say he is out now and back home with me, no more long distance and no more waiting for my letters...

Patty 04-12-2011 09:09 AM

His freedom above all else is what is important to me but I can see why you would ask about what others would do, it can't be easy to be that far away from your loved one when he is no longer incarcerated.

Tina 04-12-2011 09:12 AM

I'm with Lorriane. The long distance prison thing sucks big time. At least if Mr. Amazing were out here we could see see each other more than we get to now (twice a year rather than less then once) and we'd have unlimited calls txt and skype. Sooo much better!!

Rox73 04-12-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 6083749)
His freedom above all else is what is important to me but I can see why you would ask about what others would do, it can't be easy to be that far away from your loved one when he is no longer incarcerated.

No it's not easy but I prefer the long distance thing too, at least we CAN have real sex twice a year and talk on the phone/skype/webcam any time we want without going bankrupt.

The reason I posted this thread is because now we have spent the same amount of time in a long distance relationship as we have in a prison relationship (if we deduct the 7 months we spent together last year).

But having him free is still always going to be better than him being in prison.

Rox73 04-12-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKAER (Post 6083635)
Right now we --do--- have a long distance relatationship. I am in the process of moving across the state, to the city he is paroling too. We talk on the phone a couple times a week. When I get there I will be able to visit on week-ends, for the remainder of his sentence, then He goes to rehab, so we still be visiting on week-ends for a while....

Well I can assure you that having a long distance prison relationship is nothing like having a long distance free relationship.

esteli 04-12-2011 10:27 AM

I would prefer a prison relationship. At least we have a goal, waiting on him to be freed and then we can really be together. A long distance relationship where he is free, that can only last a short time before I lose him to the world. Those are my thoughts on it.

Rox73 04-12-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteli (Post 6083906)
I would prefer a prison relationship. At least we have a goal, waiting on him to be freed and then we can really be together. A long distance relationship where he is free, that can only last a short time before I lose him to the world. Those are my thoughts on it.

There's also a goal for us, always has been - the long distance part has lasted about 3 years for us now so it's not impossible. I have always thought that we have made it this far partly because we had prison to practise on first. In other words, if anyone is capable of having a long distance relationship it's a prison couple.

nakeisha99 04-12-2011 10:43 AM

I would choose a long distance relationship over prison anyday. Not that I would like that at all, because I wouldn't. But IMO, it's kinda selfish to choose otherwise.

rita mason 04-12-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nakeisha99 (Post 6083933)
I would choose a long distance relationship over prison anyday. Not that I would like that at all, because I wouldn't. But IMO, it's kinda selfish to choose otherwise.

Well I know I was the oddball who picked the prison relationship but of course that doesn't mean I would rather have him in prison than 2 be free somewhere far away. Honestly I'd probably rather have him free somewhere far away n just stay close friends than stay locked up 4 the rest of his sentence but that wasn't an option. :)

june5 04-12-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZsWife (Post 6083755)
No it's not easy but I prefer the long distance thing too, at least we CAN have real sex twice a year and talk on the phone/skype/webcam any time we want without going bankrupt.

The reason I posted this thread is because now we have spent the same amount of time in a long distance relationship as we have in a prison relationship (if we deduct the 7 months we spent together last year).

But having him free is still always going to be better than him being in prison.

I would want him free! I read this post like wow, sex twice a year, awesome, lol, prison sucks all the way around for both parties.

truluv4life 04-12-2011 11:28 AM

Long distance....no doubt!!!

Beachhouse 04-12-2011 12:25 PM

Long distance free no doubt! Why would i want him locked up and in that environment when he could be out here, enjoying his life and being a part of mine. Long distance would be great any day for however long over 1 day in prison.