Prison Talk

Prison Talk (
-   Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service (
-   -   Transfer from Fulton County (

Myhdsport 02-18-2020 07:17 PM

Transfer from Fulton County
How do I get loved one transferred out of Fulton County to somewhere closer to home?

patchouli 02-18-2020 08:36 PM

Hi Myhdsport, I'm assuming your loved one is a state inmate? Fulton County is a hellhole for the inmates :( Your loved one can request a transfer, but don't hold your breath on it actually happening. From what I understand, if you can locate a swap, one for one, you might be able to get your loved one closer to home.....I've heard of it happening that way, though I have no experience getting a loved one transferred that way.

Welcome to PTO :)

sass4221 02-19-2020 09:02 PM

Sadly, that's the only way for state inmates in full services facilities to get moved anywhere. DOC cannot move them - they can only transfer the ones that are to go into prisons. Jail to jail is done via trade - family calls jails to get LO accepted then LO must convince current jail to accept the swap.

Edit to add: Just don't tell them the reason is to be moved closer to home. That always works out in getting them further away.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online