Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Execution Watch (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Rodney Reed - TX - November 20, 2019 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674907)

sass4221 02-18-2015 08:48 PM

Rodney Reed - TX - November 20, 2019

Mr. Reed is scheduled for execution on 3/5/15.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local...tion/23478085/

michelle1234 02-18-2015 10:50 PM

Rodney Reed

Does anyone have an address for Mr. Reed? I would like to give him some kind words if possible :)

clay1 02-19-2015 08:34 AM

hes at the Polunsky Unit in Livingston,Tx. Thats where death row is. I dont know his TDCJ number though.

redgrl 02-19-2015 10:57 AM

I hope he gets a stay in the light of current information, but knowing Texas they dont seem to give a damn about killing an innocent. Disgusting.

SarahaStreets 02-19-2015 01:16 PM

I will find his inmate number and post it once i find it.

SarahaStreets 02-19-2015 01:50 PM

His inmate number is 00999271. I urge people to watch his story that was featured on A&E "dead man talking". The dectives re examined his case and found new evidence DNA and witnesses who weren't allowed to be part of the original trial. The innocence project is also involved along with world wide support asking the TJD to step up and do Whats right. Thank you to everyone who shows support.

klatnosirp 02-20-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahas (Post 7415702)
His inmate number is 00999271. I urge people to watch his story that was featured on A&E "dead man talking". The dectives re examined his case and found new evidence DNA and witnesses who weren't allowed to be part of the original trial. The innocence project is also involved along with world wide support asking the TJD to step up and do Whats right. Thank you to everyone who shows support.

I just read his story on Wikipedia. Is the A&E episode online? Will try to find it via Google...

SarahaStreets 02-20-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klatnosirp (Post 7416014)
I just read his story on Wikipedia. Is the A&E episode online? Will try to find it via Google...

You may be able to go to the A&E website and watch episode's my computer won't let me. There is also a video on YouTube called State vs. Rodney Reedman.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about another site but we're asking people to send emails to the governor, asking for a stay of execution. The innocence project has a link along with Rodney's story that will send the email. They may not read the email, but if they get enough people bugging them about this, maybe they will wake up and see the world is watching, and they are wrong.

9. Send Rodney a letter or card to show him he has support on the outside. You can send a letter to this address:
Rodney Reed #999271
Polunsky Unit Death Row
3872 FM 350 South
Livingston, Texas 77351

mammastalkin 02-23-2015 06:15 PM

His execution has been stayed. From the article: – "Rodney Reed’s execution, scheduled for next week, has been put on hold.

According to the court order postponing Reed’s execution for the 1996 murder of Stacey Stites, Reed’s new defense team has newly discovered evidence that supports his claims of innocence and there is new “scientific evidence” that establishes his “probable innocence.”
Read more http://kxan.com/2015/02/23/rodney-re...minal-appeals/

sass4221 02-23-2015 06:26 PM

Another article, different from the link above, and has more detail.

Rodney Reed execution halted by state court

In a 6-2 ruling, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals stayed Reed’s execution based on a recently filed petition claiming that a new look at old forensic evidence shows Reed was innocent of the crime.

The court did not elaborate on the reasons for its ruling, stating only that the execution was stayed “pending further order of this court.”

SarahaStreets 02-25-2015 05:00 PM

Rodneys been granted a stay of execution from the governor of Texas!!! He will hopefully be getting a new trial that will test the DNA that was found at the crime scene, also they will hopefully allow all evidence that was denied from his original trial, they are now seeing that the real evidence points to Stacey's ex who was a policeman, failed 2 lie detector tests and is in prison for a rape he committed while on duty. Rodney allready had a trail asking for this new evidence to be admitted, the judge said no. I'm hoping the governer heard everybody's calls and read everyone's emails cause he seems to see the same thing as everyone else....this is not right. So thankful for this, and huge appreciation for the innocence project along with all the supporters!

Kakadu 11-11-2019 01:22 PM

Can I send mail to Rodney via Jpay? What do you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahaStreets (Post 7416023)
You may be able to go to the A&E website and watch episode's my computer won't let me. There is also a video on YouTube called State vs. Rodney Reedman.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post about another site but we're asking people to send emails to the governor, asking for a stay of execution. The innocence project has a link along with Rodney's story that will send the email. They may not read the email, but if they get enough people bugging them about this, maybe they will wake up and see the world is watching, and they are wrong.

9. Send Rodney a letter or card to show him he has support on the outside. You can send a letter to this address:
Rodney Reed #999271
Polunsky Unit Death Row
3872 FM 350 South
Livingston, Texas 77351

patchouli 11-11-2019 02:50 PM

Unless its been changed recently, Texas DR inmates (all inmates in TDCJ) can receive jpay messages, but not send them. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me :)

Welcome to PTO!

EDIT: Mr. Reed is scheduled to be executed November 20th....nine days. So many people believe in his innocence that there are politicians, actors and a petition signed by 2 million+ that call for a halt of the execution. Here is a current article that tells of attempts to get the execution stayed yet again:

Texas is about to execute Rodney Reed for murder. His lawyers say someone else confessed to the crime

Stacey Stites was 19 years old and weeks from her wedding day when she failed to show for her early-morning shift at a grocery store in a small Texas town on April 23, 1996. Her partially clothed body was found the same day in the tangled brush alongside an unpaved road, her work name tag resting in the crook of her leg.

Twenty-three years later, the state of Texas is preparing to execute the man convicted of raping and strangling the soon-to-be-bride. Rodney Reed, 51, has been in prison since 1998 and was moved to death row over the summer. He is scheduled to die by lethal injection on Nov. 20.

Read entire article below:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2019/11/06/texas-plans-execute-man-this-month-murder-his-lawyers-say-someone-else-confessed-crime/

Ann Onimous 11-15-2019 10:12 PM

There's still hope, y'all.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/11/15/us/...www.cnn.com%2F

3_thehardway 11-19-2019 03:12 PM

Execution called off!!!!!!!Yayyyyyy so happy for all of the help hes been getting!!

e-Tex 11-19-2019 08:23 PM

There is hope the state finally convicts the person who actually did the crime, not the wrong person.