Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Elsa's Inmate Card Projects (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Would your LO like a magazine subscription? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700124)

rmc50 04-05-2017 12:36 PM

Would your LO like a magazine subscription?
 
A while back I was told about a way to get free magazine subscriptions. The website www.rewardsurvey.com conducts online surveys and rewards you with "points" that can be redeemed for magazine subscriptions.

I started doing this a while back and using the points to give my penpals magazines. Since then, I have reduced the number of penpals I have and thus I have been accumulating points that are going unused.

The selection of magazines is very limited and there are frequently other restrictions, but many inmates are grateful to get anything in the mail so it can be a good thing.

If you have a loved one / penpal that would like to get a magazine PM with the contact information and I can select something and sign them up!

R. Mc.

Sarianna 04-05-2017 12:50 PM

Thanks for offering to do this, very thoughtful of you :thumbsup:

maytayah 04-05-2017 01:54 PM

That is very kind of you

Quetz 04-05-2017 04:56 PM

I use this site often and have sent subscriptions out. This is a good site and I would recommend it. They offer a wide variety selection of magazine subscriptions.

rmc50 04-07-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quetz (Post 7616110)
I use this site often and have sent subscriptions out. This is a good site and I would recommend it. They offer a wide variety selection of magazine subscriptions.

I actually enjoy doing the surveys!

I still have enough points for a few more magazines, if anyone else wants to take advantage

R. Mc.

fiat_nox 04-07-2017 09:43 PM

This looks awesome! It's ok to use different names/addresses for different subscriptions?? :D :D [2 pen-pals]
I have to figure out how to make sure Texas will approve TIME . . .

OnlyInTexas 04-08-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_nox (Post 7616963)
This looks awesome! It's ok to use different names/addresses for different subscriptions?? :D :D [2 pen-pals]
I have to figure out how to make sure Texas will approve TIME . . .

They allow TIME

Jips 04-08-2017 03:12 AM

Thanks again!
I know Michael will love it very much.

Have a great day,
Jessica aka Jips

rmc50 04-10-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_nox (Post 7616963)
It's ok to use different names/addresses for different subscriptions?? TIME . . .

If you are referring to the rewardsurvey.com website, yes! I have a number of different penpals and I have had to problems with the name/address being different for every subscription.


I am now out of points and have a short "wait list". I'll post again if/when I accumulate points.


Rod

rmc50 05-31-2017 11:49 AM

I have accumulated enough points for another 6 magazines or so. If you have a friend or loved one that would enjoy getting a magazine PM me.

R. Mc.

Texasflower08 05-31-2017 12:19 PM

pm me please

hopeful2724 05-31-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmc50 (Post 7633210)
I have accumulated enough points for another 6 magazines or so. If you have a friend or loved one that would enjoy getting a magazine PM me.

R. Mc.

I have a penpal would would absolutely love getting some magazines. I will P.M. you his information and thanks so much in advance.

rnsgaig 05-31-2017 01:18 PM

I saw this thread awhile back and I didn't want to use up the OP's points, but I went to the site and signed up myself. It could not have been easier and I am already getting the magazines that I ordered. Thanks for the tip!

Jips 05-31-2017 02:13 PM

I also signed up for myself and I am earning points for other pen pals now. I just ordered a Time magazine subscription for another friend and I will keep going.

Thank you!

rnsgaig 05-31-2017 02:36 PM

Oh wow... people were talking about Time Magazine and I hadn't seen that so I just clicked on the OP's link and realized that what I signed up for was a different site. Rewardsgold.com. I got Sports Illustrated there for free for me and my LO and still have 3500 points. SI is only 1000 points on that site but it doesn't have nearly the selection that the OP's site does so I just signed up for that one too and got Time. Awesome!

If anyone wants SI for their LO I have enough points for 3 more.

rnsgaig 05-31-2017 03:20 PM

For the person that sent me a PM about the SI subscription for a LO in TX, I wasn't able to reply to the PM but I got the info and ordered it for him. Hope he enjoys it!

Jips 05-31-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnsgaig (Post 7633275)
Oh wow... people were talking about Time Magazine and I hadn't seen that so I just clicked on the OP's link and realized that what I signed up for was a different site. Rewardsgold.com. I got Sports Illustrated there for free for me and my LO and still have 3500 points. SI is only 1000 points on that site but it doesn't have nearly the selection that the OP's site does so I just signed up for that one too and got Time. Awesome!

If anyone wants SI for their LO I have enough points for 3 more.

I'll send you a pm!

hopeful2724 05-31-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnsgaig (Post 7633294)
For the person that sent me a PM about the SI subscription for a LO in TX, I wasn't able to reply to the PM but I got the info and ordered it for him. Hope he enjoys it!


Thanks soooo much. Truly he will appreciate it and so do I.

Texasflower08 05-31-2017 07:39 PM

thanks so much

rnsgaig 06-01-2017 07:16 AM

I have ordered Sports Illustrated for two inmates and have enough points for one more, if anyone is interested PM me.

rmc50 06-01-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful2724 (Post 7633256)
I have a penpal would would absolutely love getting some magazines. I will P.M. you his information and thanks so much in advance.

I tried to message you back but you apparently have PMs blocked.

I need for you to select a magazine. Here is what is currently available:


Golf (12 issues)
Golf Digest (11 issues)
Money (12 issues)
Outside (12 issues)
People en Espanol (11 issues)
Shape (10 issues - women's fitness and beauty)
Stylewatch (11 issues)
Cigar Aficionado (6 issues)
Entertainment Weekly (50 issues)
Real Simple (12 issues)
Sports Illustrated (50 issues)
Time ( 52 issues)
Wine Spectator (15 issues)
Golf Week (14 issues)
New York Magazine (26 issues)
People (15 issues)


I recommend one of the weekly magazines: Entertainment, Time or Sports Illustrated.

R. Mc.

Jips 06-02-2017 01:11 AM

There is a new survey again!

hopeful2724 06-02-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmc50 (Post 7633561)
I tried to message you back but you apparently have PMs blocked.

I need for you to select a magazine. Here is what is currently available:


Golf (12 issues)
Golf Digest (11 issues)
Money (12 issues)
Outside (12 issues)
People en Espanol (11 issues)
Shape (10 issues - women's fitness and beauty)
Stylewatch (11 issues)
Cigar Aficionado (6 issues)
Entertainment Weekly (50 issues)
Real Simple (12 issues)
Sports Illustrated (50 issues)
Time ( 52 issues)
Wine Spectator (15 issues)
Golf Week (14 issues)
New York Magazine (26 issues)
People (15 issues)


I recommend one of the weekly magazines: Entertainment, Time or Sports Illustrated.

R. Mc.

Time would be perfect for him. Thanks so much. Not sure why my p.m.'s are blocked as my settings are not set up for blocking anything.

Texasflower08 06-02-2017 10:40 AM

time or entertainment

rmc50 06-02-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful2724 (Post 7633732)
Time would be perfect for him. Thanks so much. Not sure why my p.m.'s are blocked as my settings are not set up for blocking anything.

Okay, he has been signed up to Time Magazine. They say to allow up to 12 weeks for it to start to arrive, but I have typically seen them start in 3 to 4 weeks.

R. Mc.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online