Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Prison Visitation - General Q&A (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=483)
-   -   What are Family Visits like at Fire Camp? Have to be married before prison? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707409)

Ashbash100 11-11-2017 03:55 AM

What are Family Visits like at Fire Camp? Have to be married before prison?

I'm curious in order to get conjugal visits and family visits in California do you have to have already been married before he went in or can you get married while he's locked down and still get that ? Also what are the family visits like at fire camp ?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M 11-13-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashbash100 (Post 7678014)
I'm curious in order to get conjugal visits and family visits in California do you have to have already been married before he went in or can you get married while he's locked down and still get that ? Also what are the family visits like at fire camp ?

No you dont have to be married prior to get family visits. Sorry I've never been to Fire Camp so cant help you with that. Remember also, being married doesnt automatically mean you get family visits, they have to apply and qualify. Good luck :)

Ashbash100 11-14-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M (Post 7678485)
No you dont have to be married prior to get family visits. Sorry I've never been to Fire Camp so cant help you with that. Remember also, being married doesnt automatically mean you get family visits, they have to apply and qualify. Good luck :)

Thank you so much ! Have you ever had a family visit before ? What is it like ? And how often do you get them ?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M 11-14-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashbash100 (Post 7678680)
Thank you so much ! Have you ever had a family visit before ? What is it like ? And how often do you get them ?

Yes. I get them every 60-80 days but that will depend on their privilege level and the prison he is at. They are amazing. lol You stay in a little apartment like unit with a kitchen,bedroom, bathroom, television, couch, etc. The setup and amount of days will also depend on the prison.

Ashbash100 11-14-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M (Post 7678749)
Yes. I get them every 60-80 days but that will depend on their privilege level and the prison he is at. They are amazing. lol You stay in a little apartment like unit with a kitchen,bedroom, bathroom, television, couch, etc. The setup and amount of days will also depend on the prison.

Wow sorry for all the questions but that's very exciting and your kids get to stay with you as well ?? I have 2 kids that's why I'm wondering if I was lucky enough to get family visits would the kids get to come also ? Also how long did it take for you to get approved for them ?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M 11-14-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashbash100 (Post 7678786)
Wow sorry for all the questions but that's very exciting and your kids get to stay with you as well ?? I have 2 kids that's why I'm wondering if I was lucky enough to get family visits would the kids get to come also ? Also how long did it take for you to get approved for them ?

Yes you can take your kids. After we were eligible it took about 3 weeks to get approved and about 2 months to get a date but that was 5 years ago. It may be different now.

Ashbash100 11-15-2017 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M (Post 7678795)
Yes you can take your kids. After we were eligible it took about 3 weeks to get approved and about 2 months to get a date but that was 5 years ago. It may be different now.

Wow that's awesome thank you for replying .... so how many days do you usually get on your visits with you and your man ? I know you're so excited I would be anticipating every visit lol . Also do you know how long the marriage process is ?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M 11-15-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashbash100 (Post 7678918)
Wow that's awesome thank you for replying .... so how many days do you usually get on your visits with you and your man ? I know you're so excited I would be anticipating every visit lol . Also do you know how long the marriage process is ?

Yes ma'am. Counting down the days :)
Most prisons are 48 hours. Where we are now we get 72 hours. Im not sure about the marriage process, I didnt get married at the prison sorry.