Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wives & Girlfriends in Prison (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   So men, how're we doing this week? (Chit Chat OK) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698209)

missingdee 01-27-2017 11:41 AM

So men, how're we doing this week? (Chit Chat OK)

Been kind of a quiet week on this forum. Thought I would check in with you guys and see how everything's doing.

Dee has this stupid "Juju on that Beat" song stuck in my head. The six weeks that she's been home have been a bit of a whirlwind. The transition is going well, not always smoothly, but well. We've had our beach trips, our meals out, our watching movies, our time to ourselves.....and of course, the moment she gets in the car, the bluetooth is set to her phone and the radio's on her presets.

Ugh. Anyone got a solution to get the "Juju on that Beat" song out of my head?

Anyway.....how's everyone else doing? Who's going to visit this weekend? Anyone with a wife/girlfriend back at home have any updates or news to share?

-E

miamac 01-27-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missingdee (Post 7598723)
Ugh. Anyone got a solution to get the "Juju on that Beat" song out of my head?

I got nothing. I had to look this up because apparently I'm old and out of touch. But according to this YouTube viewer, you're in the wrong:

"Stop hating! You don't like the song cuz you listend to it too many times... every single person who made a hate comment have tryed to dance to this song"

So, E. Have you tryed? Have you?? :giggle:

missingdee 01-27-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamac (Post 7598725)
I got nothing. I had to look this up because apparently I'm old and out of touch. But according to this YouTube viewer, you're in the wrong:

"Stop hating! You don't like the song cuz you listend to it too many times... every single person who made a hate comment have tryed to dance to this song"

So, E. Have you tryed? Have you?? :giggle:

Not yet, but the next time Dee plays it in the car in traffic I am totally going to do a modified "Running Man" dance, which should be hilarious since one foot will be on the brake pedal.

K6770 01-27-2017 12:45 PM

There is a solution to the "Juju on that Beat" song, but the cure might be worse than the disease. Hanging out with my 14 month nephew I learned the "six little ducks" song this week, just let that one in and Juju will be a thing of the past.

I'm hanging in there, productivity is not great (those six ducks are killers). Took this semester off from grad school because too much travel for work and tough family things. I'm trying to make the most my travels, hoping to see Big Sur for the first time in March.

My best friend's first chance at parole is this fall. She and her caseworker have put together a very good plan and in theory some people above are going to write some good words for her, so guarded optimism. The kids and her mom really need her back home. I'm doing what I can to help her mom out.

Every once and while think about giving up this grad degree thing and getting into the Automat business. Based on visiting room food selection, quality, and prices there might be a dystopian future in that business ...lol

maytayah 01-27-2017 12:47 PM

Come on Missingdee get your freak on

Running man on that beat, aye

missingdee 01-27-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytayah (Post 7598738)
Come on Missingdee get your freak on

I sent her a text message with the "lyrics" this morning then said "Gee Dee, thanks for getting this stuck in my head."

WaitingWilkes 02-01-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missingdee (Post 7598743)
I sent her a text message with the "lyrics" this morning then said "Gee Dee, thanks for getting this stuck in my head."

You sent her a text? Where is she?

missingdee 02-01-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes (Post 7599659)
You sent her a text? Where is she?

She stays at her parents' house usually....that should change as time passes, but that was the plan and we're not yet at a point where she can move back out. Probably will be at least 6 months.

K6770 02-01-2017 07:46 PM

She has lovingly requested my presence at 10am this weekend, which means I need to be in the visiting line before 9:15. We have many good things and a few hard things to talk about so it's going to be at least a three course meal. I'm on a hunt for hot food that you don't microwave in the plastic bag. I'm pretty sure that can't be good long term, but how can you turn away from the super calzones?

WaitingWilkes 02-02-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K6770 (Post 7599737)
She has lovingly requested my presence at 10am this weekend, which means I need to be in the visiting line before 9:15. We have many good things and a few hard things to talk about so it's going to be at least a three course meal. I'm on a hunt for hot food that you don't microwave in the plastic bag. I'm pretty sure that can't be good long term, but how can you turn away from the super calzones?

That's going to be an interesting visit! I hope the hard things aren't too hard. As for that delicious Graybar Hotel cuisine... The Surgeon General says, "Eat healthy, exercise regularly, die anyway!" :)

K6770 02-02-2017 07:14 PM

Hi WW, Our visits are never boring. It's great to be able to communicate without official transcripts. The few hard things we have to talk about this weekend are normally handled in a way I wish I could have with free blood relatives.

WaitingWilkes 02-03-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K6770 (Post 7599929)
Hi WW, Our visits are never boring. It's great to be able to communicate without official transcripts. The few hard things we have to talk about this weekend are normally handled in a way I wish I could have with free blood relatives.

Limited face time focuses attention on what's important.

missingdee 02-04-2017 02:18 PM

How're visits going so far this weekend? Wilkes, did your daughter go today?

WaitingWilkes 02-04-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missingdee (Post 7600186)
How're visits going so far this weekend? Wilkes, did your daughter go today?

She was supposed to visit. I haven't heard from her yet but she usually calls after a visit. I'll go tomorrow.

K6770 02-04-2017 04:34 PM

I had a great visit with my best friend! She is beautiful, and today the few hard things we had to talk about came easy. We found new things to eat in the mini-Automats, and I logged in some more microwave gourmet time. I look forward to being able to serve her something so much better one day.
The time passed so fast, but to add one more good thing, there was a picture of a healthy and handsome newborn baby boy waiting on my phone when I returned to the car. My very good friend at work had his second kid arrive during the visit. He knew where I was and we traded all the good details of the day.

WaitingWilkes 02-05-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K6770 (Post 7600208)
I had a great visit with my best friend! She is beautiful, and today the few hard things we had to talk about came easy. We found new things to eat in the mini-Automats, and I logged in some more microwave gourmet time. I look forward to being able to serve her something so much better one day.

Glad you had a good visit! I returned from mine about an hour ago. Gourmet cooking/prison cuisine! What a concept! Don't tell anyone at the prison it was better than marginally edible or they'll take some sort of action! :)

K6770 02-17-2017 07:36 PM

No visit this weekend, she has strep throat. But other than that she had a good week. One less week to do in prison.

whataride 02-18-2017 06:22 AM

Its been tough lately. She got moved to the drug treatment dorm a few months ago and hates it. She says she is working to get better but the program is basically they watch drug movies and just do worksheets most of the day. says its so boring and has actually made her think about drugs from seeing and talking about all the time. a few of the friends she made in the program have signed themselves out because of how mondane it is. she has talked with me about it and says she will stay no matter what but is miserable. It is affecting us, when talk on phone seems like we jsut going through the motions. I also havent visited in at least 2 months, i want to see her but the 7 hr round trip sucks. She also hasnt asked me when im coming again so idk. she knows being stuck in a cafeteria and the drive are tough on me but sometimes i wonder if reason she doesnt ask is because she doesnt care about me coming instead of not wanting to look out for how tough it is on me. Idk right now all i can say is this whole thing is so draining on me. With good behavior she can get out jan 2018 and has already done about 9 months

WaitingWilkes 02-18-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K6770 (Post 7602763)
No visit this weekend, she has strep throat. But other than that she had a good week. One less week to do in prison.

Being sick is bad enough when good medical care's always immediately available and you're comfortable and warm in your own bed. It has to be infinitely worse for our LOs. :angry:

K6770 02-18-2017 09:16 AM

whataride, yeah, going through a bad drug treatment program would make me think of doing drugs too. Going through the motions is terrible, but it will make a difference in her getting out earlier. The earlier she gets out the sooner she can get into a treatment that works for her. Not to be too hard on the DOC, but I don't think the vast majority of drug treatment programs work unless the person is very motivated to stop using and other variables like diet, exercise, medication and mental health are addressed. I sometimes think we are like walking biochem experiments with damaged microprocessor controllers, but we really are much more than that, something a lot more beautiful and amazing.

My best friend was not given the option of going through a treatment program for her addiction, but her consular stitched together a bunch of classes that have been a big help to her. Her case plan is now closed, but we have talked about her continued education/treatment when she comes home. Knowing she has someone who will there beside her every step of the way has made a big difference to her. I have also committed myself to go through AN/AA as a LO so that I can have the education I need.

If you can't visit, write her as much as you can. I found very cool postcards that my friend loves getting. It makes her day. Prison grinds you down, you have to find little ways that help both of you laugh and smile. It's tough, but I have decided that being there for her is way more than just holding her down. Hang in there and focus on the good things and why you love her. Time goes by fast when you keep busy finding new ways to love her.

K6770 02-18-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes (Post 7602847)
Being sick is bad enough when good medical care's always immediately available and you're comfortable and warm in your own bed. It has to be infinitely worse for our LOs. :angry:

She has to pay a $5 copay every time she goes to medical and the care is what it is. She might be getting better care than her 5 year old in the free world, but I'm working that problem with my friend's mother.

I'm glad she is able to buy ibuprofen. That helps for little things. My big concern for her is that she gets through prison by working as many extra details as possible, none of which pay. She wears herself down and ends up crashing on Sundays. There are a lot bad bugs in prison. It's almost funny that they make you sign a waver when you visit that you are not bringing any illness into the prison.

whataride 02-21-2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K6770 (Post 7602856)
whataride, yeah, going through a bad drug treatment program would make me think of doing drugs too. Going through the motions is terrible, but it will make a difference in her getting out earlier. The earlier she gets out the sooner she can get into a treatment that works for her. Not to be too hard on the DOC, but I don't think the vast majority of drug treatment programs work unless the person is very motivated to stop using and other variables like diet, exercise, medication and mental health are addressed. I sometimes think we are like walking biochem experiments with damaged microprocessor controllers, but we really are much more than that, something a lot more beautiful and amazing.

My best friend was not given the option of going through a treatment program for her addiction, but her consular stitched together a bunch of classes that have been a big help to her. Her case plan is now closed, but we have talked about her continued education/treatment when she comes home. Knowing she has someone who will there beside her every step of the way has made a big difference to her. I have also committed myself to go through AN/AA as a LO so that I can have the education I need.

If you can't visit, write her as much as you can. I found very cool postcards that my friend loves getting. It makes her day. Prison grinds you down, you have to find little ways that help both of you laugh and smile. It's tough, but I have decided that being there for her is way more than just holding her down. Hang in there and focus on the good things and why you love her. Time goes by fast when you keep busy finding new ways to love her.

When i said going through the motions I meant our phone calls. She graduated to the 2nd phase of her drug program so it has gotten better she said as far as the program. They were on lock down for last few days with no phones so when she called yesterday when started arguing about things but it also allowed us to bring up conversations and express what each of us had been thinking. She is making alot of progress mentally from where she was but just the conditions are driving her mad.

missingdee 03-07-2017 01:57 PM

Pretty quiet around here lately. How's everybody doing?

WaitingWilkes 03-07-2017 02:06 PM

My wife talked to her case worker about getting a compassionate furlough to visit her dad's grave. She told her she'll recommend approving it but she doesn't have the final say. It will go all the way to the warden. She wants to go sometime this spring.

K6770 03-07-2017 02:42 PM

Working on the west coast for a few weeks so no visits, but making sure my best friend is getting a lot of cool pictures from my travels and no shortage of mail. Next weekend her kids get to spend pretty much all Saturday with her, playing, eating good food, and just hanging out. It's a one Saturday a month program through the chaplaincy and it has enabled my LO to have the strongest possible bond to her little ones. The other thing that helps is making sure there is always money for her to call and talk to the kids every night before they go to bed.