Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Federal Prisons (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=974)
-   -   United States Penitentiary - Big Sandy (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508818)

fudgiesgirl 06-03-2004 05:05 PM

United States Penitentiary - Big Sandy

If anyone lives around charlotte, NC even if it is a couple hours maybe we could get togther and ride to KY together. I live in upstate SC. Not many responses yet and i would like to find someone who has a loved one there in Big Sandy. I am willing to drive.

girl81599 06-01-2006 02:24 PM

lockdown Is this a normal situation

bigsandy still on lockdown after a week, someone tell me is this normal

WaitN4Him 06-01-2006 02:41 PM

I don't know about Big Sandy, but yes it is normal for prisons to be on lockdown for several days. I know that KSP was locked down for about 4 days over the weekend. Hang in there. It will pass.

kba246 06-01-2006 07:39 PM

Yes it is normal and usually only last for short periods.... just wait it out.... keep calling to find out

rascalnky 06-03-2006 07:01 AM

The ladies are right it is normal, alot of times when the holidays are coming the warden things people will start thinking to much about what their missing in the real world and the rabbit will run.

lisa75 06-04-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl81599
bigsandy still on lockdown after a week, someone tell me is this normal

I heard it will last till June 11/

sandrastrng 11-16-2006 11:18 PM

Hi everyone, my son is in USP BigSandy, Ky. They were in lockdown for two weeks because of a homicide, then after an investigation was completed the lockdown was ended. They are now in lockdown again, due to another homicide. An investigation is ongoing. My son called today and let me know this. I dont know what happened this time, but two homicides in three weeks is kind of scary. He did say it was much nicer that USP Atlanta though. Hoped this info helped. sandrastrng/oh

wegies 11-23-2006 10:41 AM

My husband is in the camp at Big Sandy. He said the rumor was that the most recent homicide that caused the current lockdown occurred in the SHU and the guys tried to hide it at first. However, rumors are not always reliable. The number of recent homicides is rather disturbing.

abenadiva 03-02-2007 09:03 AM

Big Sandy Usp Inez, Ky

Does anyone have information on why Big Sandy is locked down and cancelling this weekends visits? There had been a couple of murder's last fall and I have a loved one there that I'm concerned about.

Thanks.

og'sbride 03-12-2007 04:32 AM

I reiceived a letter from a friend 2 days ago... He said there had been a stabbing but i am not sure when it was... maybe that is why its on locked down...

THAT RIDER 03-28-2007 08:11 PM

Info. on USP Big Sandy,Ky

I was wondering if anyone had any info. on Big Sandy? I will be going to see my husband on Easter weekend, and I was wondering how it like going to visit up there? What can I wear and cant wear up there

abenadiva 03-30-2007 01:03 PM

I went to Big Sandy in January. The guard was very nice. You can only wear nylon sweatsuits so I had to go to the local Wal-mart to get clothing to comply as I wore a cotton sweatsuit. They also have an ionic sensor that they rub over your clothing to check for drug residue. There are lockers to lock your extras like coat keys ect. so make sure you have a quarter. They have a machine that issues a plastic card for you to put money on so that you can purchase vending machine items and microwaves for heating pizzas and other items. They take pictures. I wanted to spend as much time as possible and they were not real sticklers for time. The seats were very hard!!! When you go, If your husband knows Dee Jay B/4 please ask him to pass on my love!

abenadiva 03-30-2007 01:04 PM

The prison is on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere. I was very sad when I saw it because I realized that many of the people there don't deserve to be in such an isolated and heartbreaking place.

abenadiva 04-03-2007 09:09 AM

Oh, hopefully when I wrote u can only wear nylon sweatsuits you didn't take it as thats the only attire. You can wear jeans in fact that's what I went to Wal-mart and purchased. Sleeves. The best place to get the complete dress code is on the usbop.gov website.

Dees_Girl 06-15-2007 05:32 PM

USP Big Sandy...What to expect???

First off I would like to say "Hello" to everyone...This weekend has finally arrived, yet I am so extremely nervous, because I don't know what to expect. My husband was transferred to USP Big Sandy at the end of April and just regained visitation privileges this month. I have always been extremely nervous when visiting new facilities, because each one is operated so differently even though they are all in the FBOP system. I would appreciate any and all information on USP Big Sandy. Thanks!!

Kimi06 09-25-2007 12:12 PM

I have some questions about Usp Big Sandy

My brother is @ USP BIG SANDY they are on constant lockdowns
does anyone know about this federal facility.

mzpeachez 09-26-2007 04:56 PM

My BF was there for over a year, and I visited there 5 times. Every since they moved alot of DC inmates there, its been horrible. Its hard to plan a visit there, knowing at any moment, a lock down can occur.

TheGeneralsWife 10-19-2007 03:59 PM

My friend just let there from the SHU, because it was so bad. They were always fighting, rioting and stuff like that. I just hope this new place is better for him.

mzpeachez 10-20-2007 10:24 PM

I wish him luck dear...

Kimi06 10-22-2007 12:37 PM

I hope my brother leaves their soon on xfer back to our home town in philadelphia pennsylvania because he is just constantly on guard and he
sent me a picture of him and a friend and they look exhausted.:o
Like they never get a full night rest due to the fighting etc he is still
waiting to find out about his move this way he will be closer to the rest
of the family because right now from Phila PA to Inez Kentucky is 10hours.
Hopefully when he is xfer they will put him in USP Lewisburg or even better
FDC if his security is lowered because my brother is absolutely miserable him and his cell mate , they both get along great so he said that is a plus:) I just pray for relief for both of them.:(

TheGeneralsWife 10-24-2007 12:32 AM

I know. My friend was transfered in the SHU at the new facility and even his letters are different. He sounds like the anxiety is gone. Did you see in another post in the News section that a bunch pf guys were indicted from Big Sandy for murder, attempted, dope and having weapons. I pray for these guys.

Kimi06 10-24-2007 03:12 PM

Thegeneralswife wow I did not hear about that in then news that is crazy??? sad part is generalswife u know that alot of these guards are
allowing that, u know have to be because there is no way a inmate or
a visitor would have that kind of pull to do that.
Its a sad world we live in not all the CO's because I know some good ones
but a lot of them need to be locked up in prison theirselves,( u know)
If you could gear me to that article I would love to read it.
I know I read 1 about a inmate their at big sandy from miami that
murdered another my brother said even minding your own buisness
you are forced to protect yourself everyday, you have no choice
he said if you are weak they will step all over you literally.
Isnt that awful , so you ask yourself how is a inmate suppose to
carry out clean time when they cant because of staff and other inmates
who dont care, no rehabilitation whatsoever please pray for my brother.
Thanks for the info too.

Kimi06

Mongo's Mama 10-25-2007 12:01 PM

My man just got moved there a little while back. I'm hoping to go up for my first visit this weekend.

We use to have a club (me and some others that had loved ones where my man was at before). When the clubhouse got moved to prisonville we kept the club going there. It's a great group. When I found out my man was getting transferred I wanted to start a new group for Big Sandy, and hopefully I will be able to.

If any of you, or anyone who has ties to Big Sandy, want to make/join a group over at Prisonville, please let me know. It is very helpful in keeping each other connected and informed about what is going on.

kentuckyangel 10-25-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimi06
My brother is @ USP BIG SANDY they are on constant lockdowns
does anyone know about this federal facility.

Yes as my husband was there last year and you are so right they are on constant lockdowns,and get this when my grandmother passed away they never gave him the message,as when he called the next ady i was crying and he new something was wrong.I just will be glad when he gets home as he goes up for parole in December 2007 and then home free yeppers.:angry:

masseyd 01-07-2008 04:20 PM

Big Sandy minimum security camp - Kentucky

Anyone have information about Big Sandy minimum security camp in Kentucky? My brother is being sent there. We thought he'd be closer but he was sent over 500 miles from his family. We're really going to have a hard time visiting him because that kind of travel will be a financial burden for us.

DM