Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Talk Online Conference & Get-2-Gethers (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   National Conference - 2013? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643147)

babygirl350 06-06-2013 07:52 PM

National Conference - 2013?

Are there any national or regional conferences planned for 2013? I know there are state get togethers but I haven't seen any regional or national get togethers. Maybe I have overlooked it. Thanks

patchouli 06-06-2013 09:23 PM

Nothing is planned at this time....:( That doesn't mean there won't be one in year or two. It would be wonderful, wouldn't it!! :)

babygirl350 06-06-2013 10:03 PM

I will be looking forward to it. I missed out on the other ones. It is always nice to meet everyone, but especially from all over.

Patty 06-06-2013 10:11 PM

It's not likely to happen this year. Shoot, we can barely get the current membership to back the monthly site fees, imagine trying to get this group to commit to the funding necessary for a national conference. I'll be working on other funding avenues for us in the near future but I wouldn't look for a national conference paid for by PTO in the next year or so. :shrug:

babygirl350 06-08-2013 08:46 PM

Patty - I was not even considering a conference paid for by PTO, I certainly can understand the current economy. I realize that events are costly, however all the conventions (not PTO) that I have been, the attende pays their own way. Now when the organization picks a city, the city hosting the event usually participates in some costs associated with the events. But this is because they are going to recoup their money by the different events.
You certainly have alot of members here. Altho not all active members, just counting the active members I am sure PTO could come up with something.

Perhaps it will just take some planning and maybe in 2015, there can be one. At any rate, we always have the state get togethers.

Patty 06-09-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygirl350 (Post 7160247)
Patty - I was not even considering a conference paid for by PTO, I certainly can understand the current economy. I realize that events are costly, however all the conventions (not PTO) that I have been, the attende pays their own way. Now when the organization picks a city, the city hosting the event usually participates in some costs associated with the events. But this is because they are going to recoup their money by the different events.
You certainly have alot of members here. Altho not all active members, just counting the active members I am sure PTO could come up with something.

Perhaps it will just take some planning and maybe in 2015, there can be one. At any rate, we always have the state get togethers.

I hear what you're saying and yet PTO and staff members have and will likely continue to take on the lion's share of the expenses. We've never charged much for the conferences and we never will. :thumbsup:

sara736 10-02-2014 10:59 PM

Is there anyone interested in maybe having a bbq coffee getogether or something along those lines?

David 10-02-2014 11:35 PM

Hi Sara,
I suspect you will find quite a few people that would love to get together for something along these lines but it'll probably be best to post this in a regional forum. I'd try to point you this way but based upon your profile I don't know what state you are located?

David

LadyBlu 11-18-2014 06:09 AM

I just joined PTO and have made a donation to site fees. I'd love to see a way to make money for this site, and for get togethers. I'm new, so what has been done to raise money in the past?