Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=649)
-   -   How many Federal members do we have? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69114)

kintml2u 07-17-2004 03:08 PM

How many Federal members do we have?

Just curious, how many current and active members we have that are affected by the Federal Prison System.

Since we can vote only once, it should be accurate as long as everyone takes part!

You all are what makes the Federal Forum on PTO tick...you all are great!

Diane

4MyJoe 07-17-2004 03:19 PM

Hecky Yeah I'm affected by the federal prison system....they got MY MAN Diane, they got my man :-) and Lord willing I'll get him back.

kintml2u 07-17-2004 03:30 PM

4MyJoe....we will both get our men back one day! They really don't want to keep them forever! lol

CT's Pub 07-17-2004 03:44 PM

They got my man as well... 188 months, he only has 16 months done so far... Sure feels like it will be forever.........

jpstrick 07-17-2004 03:44 PM

They've got mine, too, but I'll have him back in less than a year! Woo hoo!! And they'll never get him again if we can help it!

SFC 07-17-2004 04:24 PM

If one thing is for sure is that one day we'll all get our man back, God willing. It's been a long 5 yrs. and finally mine is coming home in 6 months. :yay: :dance: :dance: :yay:

Sydnee70 07-17-2004 05:46 PM

My love is in Federal as well. 24 month sentence with him just starting his 4th. Hopefully he'll be home late next year.
Lorri

Dan3rd 07-17-2004 06:38 PM

Can I borrow one of you ladies ??? I dont have a woman that wants me back...I am sad about that and am envious that you all have stuck by your loves. God bless you emensly....I really mean that....God Bless You Emensly

Dan

LadyH 07-17-2004 06:56 PM

Sorry Dan, I feel your pain but I'm very happily married to a federal inmate. As a matter of fact, I met him there and we've been married for 2 1/2 years! He is the center of my universe and I'm praying that LERA and/or H.R. 4036 are/is passed!!!

Lady H.

cjjack 07-17-2004 08:59 PM

Ex-fed inmate, still have many many friends on the inside.

jcbw4 07-17-2004 10:56 PM

My husband is in a federal prison camp. Sentenced to 7 years has about 4 years left.

Sydnee70 07-17-2004 11:01 PM

Hi Dan,
I hope your sentence goes by quickly and you can get it behind you and have a fresh new start on life when you get out. Or who knows, maybe you'll meet someone while you're serving your time. Someone will appreciate you and love you regardless of what you've done.
Lorri

Kidd 07-18-2004 12:50 AM

My son is at F.P.C. Nellis Camp, Las Vegas, Nevada
Has so far served 5 yrs. and has 5 more to go.

Hawaii is not pleasant with the system.

Anyone have inmate there?

prisonbud 07-18-2004 02:56 AM

I have several friends in the Fed system.

Buddy

kintml2u 07-18-2004 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan3rd
Can I borrow one of you ladies ??? I dont have a woman that wants me back...I am sad about that and am envious that you all have stuck by your loves. God bless you emensly....I really mean that....God Bless You Emensly

Dan

Dan
You have us all as friends....and hopefully you will find a love like us that stands by your side through troubled waters! It's surely not out of the question...just look around!

Thank you! I've taken it as a compliment!

Diane

sbrown110 07-18-2004 09:06 AM

Will be sentenced soon, 12-24 months.

Dan,
It's not over until the fat lady sings.... Your wife may come around. God performs thousands of miracles on a daily basis - even in my life - he can for you too!!!

Sheryl

HanginOn 07-18-2004 09:44 AM

It will be a yr in October that my husband was sentenced to 16 years. I can't look at the big picture, I try to take it one day at a time. At least we'll have our retirement years together lol!!

kintml2u 07-18-2004 03:58 PM

HangingOn

It's hard to look at the big picture when you have a length of time ahead of you! I've done many of years now, one day at a time! And...it gets us there! It's alittle more managable looking at the bigger picture now that we have about 1/2 of the 15 down. Hopefully as time passes....it will also be the same for you! Eventually.... :p

Diane

HanginOn 07-18-2004 04:30 PM

Diane,

Hopefully, none of us will have to wait as long as we think. With LERA, Blakely and the parole bill, with the BOP's financial situation getting worse, with more public awareness and a whole lot of prayers......maybe our dreams will come true. :)

kintml2u 07-18-2004 04:41 PM

True...I haven't seen this many exciting things happening at once, or even scattered over a short period of time in the past 7 years.

So...just maybe, our dreams will come true!

There have always been the 'rumors' but we now know...it's more then just the mill rollin!

nickave27 07-18-2004 05:00 PM

MY BOYFRIEND WAS SENTENCED TO 87 MONTHS IN A FEDERAl PRISON CAMP. WE HAVE JUST OVER 3 YEARS LEFT.

HunnyBunny 07-18-2004 08:43 PM

My fiance has been in fed for about 5 mo. now - sentenced to 2 1/2yrs. how do you all cope with your loved one being gone? I am about to go nuts tonight - my 11 yr old is at gma & gpa for a week and my 16 yr old is at work. I'm missing my man so much right now!! All I have been doing is crying all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kintml2u 07-19-2004 06:19 AM

hunnybunny

Everyone learns to cope in their own way. I honestly can't say it gets any easier, but over time I've learned to manage the pain of being separated from my loved one in better ways. Here on PTO, its great because the majority here know exactly what it's like and offers a friendship full of support. Ofcourse I've also gained so much inspiration from the women around here who have been down this road for far longer then I have, for far longer then we will even see during this sentence. You'll find strength within...you never known yourself to have!

Glad to have you here on PTO!

Diane

HanginOn 07-19-2004 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunnyBunny
My fiance has been in fed for about 5 mo. now - sentenced to 2 1/2yrs. how do you all cope with your loved one being gone? I am about to go nuts tonight - my 11 yr old is at gma & gpa for a week and my 16 yr old is at work. I'm missing my man so much right now!! All I have been doing is crying all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I escape into the TV or a book, surf the net etc. My 7 yr old keeps me busy also. We went to Six Flags last week and had a blast. Even though the "I wish he was here" thought is always in my head, it becomes more tolerable. And sometimes it does me good just to sit down and cry, then you pick yourself up and keep going. And honestly, I did have to go to the Dr. and get on antidepressents. Plus there's lots of support here.

Kim

RUWatchinn 07-19-2004 02:55 PM

My man is in for 24 months...will be home first part of 2006.