Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   PTO News, Information & Events (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   PrisonTalk Online is ONLINE (Site's First Post) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2)

David 12-02-2001 09:35 PM

PrisonTalk Online is ONLINE (Site's First Post)

I want to take a moment to Welcome everyone to PrisonTalk Online. I am still in the process of adding quite a bit of content to other regions of this website but the community discussion forums area is now fully operational.(less messages & visitors at this point)
In the following months as traffic grows, it is my hope that PrisonTalk Online will begin to fill the gap in communications between all of us in the Prison/er Support System by providing a medium everyone can use at no charge.
I understand that there are a great deal of inmate's families and friends that still do not have their own personal computer, but that day is moving towards an end. In the mean time more places of business, schools, libraries and other locations are providing free internet access every day in which we all can utilize to access information.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have.

David
PTO Administrator & Ex-Offender

:)

Briggsy 02-21-2002 08:31 AM

:eek: well David, I would like to be the first on this particular
post to say well done with setting this site up, it really must of taken up a lot of time and effort to do this, I am amazed that there have been over 100 persons viewing this post but not one of them have bothered to reply to it, well guess this is a start and is well deserved for all the time and effort that you have put in it for the good of us all. nice one. well done
and keep up the good work, you deserve it to be a success and I am sure it will be.
Its good that someone cares enough about his fellow mates and other convicts and ex- convicts or prisoners to go to all this trouble. keep up the good work.

David 11-18-2002 05:18 PM

PTO Birthday

A quick note nearly a year later!

This is the first post made at Prison Talk Online. It was made via a little Toshiba Protégé' laptop and my cellular phone while in the half-way house. :) I did most of the technical design work while I was supposed to be looking for a job. To me this was much more important and in the end I was about 10 minutes away from going back to prison for lack of having a job. Honestly, I didn't care all that much as long as I had this baby up and running. Lucky for me I had someone save my rear from the fire at the last second. The marshals arrived but I was covered.

Since this is the actual first post made on PTO, I hope everyone will agree that the official birthday of PTO is December 2nd. We're almost 1 year old now and we have come a long way in that time. I'm proud of our baby!

Barbara 08-28-2003 01:14 AM

Well David what do you think about your dream now? We love you honey. Barb

David 10-04-2003 12:46 AM

I don't think it could be called my dream any longer.. (Though I am very proud) Too many other people at play in this one.. More like our "dream" or "baby"

mrsdragoness 12-01-2005 02:52 PM

Well look at our baby now!!!!

Jillian 12-01-2005 03:30 PM

Wow we are part of history.. cause we are (as babygirl350 says and we all know) the premier site on the internet for 24/7/365 support.. Yeah baby..

HurtingMomInMI 12-01-2005 03:45 PM

a dream come true

dusty723 12-01-2005 03:51 PM

Thanks you from the bottom of my heart, this site has been a life saver I think for alot of people. I now know that someone does really care. Thank You again

Tia1223 12-01-2005 04:28 PM

:argh: :blah: :yuck: :banghead: :cry: <--- Me before finding PTO

:clap: :yes: :dance: :yay: <----- Me after finding PTO

:bow: David my HERO!

:love: Mods and everyone else....:rock:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! XOXOX

DLM 12-01-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fed-X
, I hope everyone will agree that the official birthday of PTO is December 2nd.!

Thank-you David!!! Happy 4th Birthday PTO!!!:yay: :yay: :yay::yay:

jblovesdb 12-01-2005 04:52 PM

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY PTO:yay::dance::fb::clap::yay::yes::dance::fb: Wow...4 years ago...and look at how big it is now!!!!!:)

funnyface09 12-01-2005 04:59 PM

Wow David! your baby is growing up! lol, She is now 4 years old! Before you know it she will be a teenager! LMAO! :eek: :p

I am proud to be a member of this wonderful, uplifting, supportive, knowledgeable site. :D
I hope we have many more birthdays to come David! :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PTO!

Atalie 12-01-2005 05:02 PM

:dance: :dance: :yay: :yay: :wave: :yes: :yes: :clap: :grouphug: :love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PTO

FriscoLady 12-01-2005 05:23 PM

Wow, Four years!

I met PTO before I went in, but barely, David and the rest of our PTO family kept Linda company and supported her while I was gone.

The night I came home, she told me to log on again, and I did, after that well, David, your realizing your dream of PTO has made Linda's and my dream a reality:

No one will have to go through what we did alone.

Happy Birthday PTO! Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here.

David, it truly has been a long road getting from there to here, it has been a long time, and because of your vision of PTO - and with the help of the PTO family you brought together - all of us know that our time will come!

Patti

Sunnie 12-01-2005 06:19 PM

Happy Birthday PTO!!! :clap::clap::yay::yay::thumbsup: :fb: :fb: :fb: :dance: :yay: :beer: :bow: :clap: :clap: :grouphug: :rock: :rock: :new: :new:

haswtch 12-01-2005 06:23 PM

happy birthday PTO!!!!!

:hee: :wave: :yay: :fb: :clap: :grouphug: :heart: :hifive: :beer:

MoMo 12-01-2005 06:32 PM

Happy Birthday PTO!!!

chintath 12-01-2005 07:57 PM

Thank you David for showing me a world I never knew existed, people who thought of inmates as human beings who should not be forgotten. Thanks to PTO, I have made friends, inside and out, all over the world.

Now I need a support group for those who are addicted to PTO.

PT ROSE 12-01-2005 08:04 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
PTO!

MrsWest11 12-01-2005 08:13 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PTO!!!

David...thanks so much for "giving" us PTO...this was a great dream you had...and it's 4 years strong now... :thumbsup:

nimuay 12-01-2005 08:37 PM

It's been a great idea, David - you tapped a real gusher.
Many, many thanks.

LeBeau 12-02-2005 07:05 AM

Happy Birthday...and thank you.

DeniseJJ 12-02-2005 07:55 AM

David, you should be proud of yourself...i'm sure proud to know you and PTO...

HAPPY B"DAY

Denise

LADYCEE 12-02-2005 08:06 AM

Happieeeeee birthday to ya,
Happieeeeee birthday to ya
Happy birthday

:grouphug: :hifive: :clap: :yay: :fb: :hee: :wave: :beer:

Ok my voice is alil off this morning so hold your ears cause I'm not done :p

4 years WOW......:bow: thanks David you are the man...

ok what time is cake and ice cream......:D