Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Friends & Families of Addicts (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=584)
-   -   Will He Use When He Gets Out? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720543)

ambermarshall11 11-21-2019 05:44 PM

Will He Use When He Gets Out?

My boyfriend is smoking K 2 in there what are the chances that he's going to use when he comes home from prison gets out on December 3

onedayatatime13 11-21-2019 07:51 PM

If he is using in the inside, he will use on the outside. Prison has not deterred or changed him in any way.

If he has parole still, they will drug test him. K2 makes them do crazy stuff. His ride might be over for now, but he could end up right back in within a few months.

Prepare yourself for that

ambermarshall11 11-21-2019 07:57 PM

Yes that's how it usually is every 4-5 months addiction is terrible he said he's changed and all this prison talk no I think makes him worse but that's where they put you when you violate parole

miamac 11-21-2019 08:11 PM

Are you able to go to an Nar-anon meeting?

onedayatatime13 11-21-2019 08:15 PM

He has to want to change and do better. No one else, no prgram.... he has to want it. You cannot save him. Do as Mia suggested and go to those meetings to learn more from professionals and those in the same situation.

You have a few weeks until he comes home, please go.

ambermarshall11 11-21-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamac (Post 7802125)
Are you able to go to an Nar-anon meeting?

Are we allowed to go i wasn't sure I will have to see if they have any in my area

ambermarshall11 11-21-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 (Post 7802126)
He has to want to change and do better. No one else, no prgram.... he has to want it. You cannot save him. Do as Mia suggested and go to those meetings to learn more from professionals and those in the same situation.

You have a few weeks until he comes home, please go.

Are we allowed to just show up there he comes home the 3 Rd of December

Kimimi 11-21-2019 11:08 PM

Just by knowing your story a little through what you posted I would bet my last dollar he will use when he gets out. And he’s using now so why wouldn’t he out here? He is an addict. Please take the advice given and find some support for yourself. No one deserves anything like what your going through. He is very toxic and unhealthy. I really do hope you stick around and Keep getting support here. I wouldn’t send him a dime while he is inside and I would block the prisons phone number. Write him and tell him not to contact you. Let him decide if he wants to get clean and fight for a life or give up and keep using. I promise you until he gets sober or you get some counseling life will not change. Sober isn’t always the answer either I have an ex sober 31 years is a pure asshole still. They have to also want to have a change of personality, being, spirit whatever you want to call it.

miamac 11-21-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7802144)
Are we allowed to go i wasn't sure I will have to see if they have any in my area

Nar-anon is for you, not him. It's a support group for loved ones of substance abuse addicts.

ambermarshall11 11-22-2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamac (Post 7802147)
Nar-anon is for you, not him. It's a support group for loved ones of substance abuse addicts.

Thank you I will call around later today and look into it

ambermarshall11 11-22-2019 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimimi (Post 7802146)
Just by knowing your story a little through what you posted I would bet my last dollar he will use when he gets out. And heís using now so why wouldnít he out here? He is an addict. Please take the advice given and find some support for yourself. No one deserves anything like what your going through. He is very toxic and unhealthy. I really do hope you stick around and Keep getting support here. I wouldnít send him a dime while he is inside and I would block the prisons phone number. Write him and tell him not to contact you. Let him decide if he wants to get clean and fight for a life or give up and keep using. I promise you until he gets sober or you get some counseling life will not change. Sober isnít always the answer either I have an ex sober 31 years is a pure asshole still. They have to also want to have a change of personality, being, spirit whatever you want to call it.

Thank you for your advice I guess he said that he can't bothee with me when he gets home he says I was cheating on him the whole time that he was locked up and he can't deal with that so I m ight get lucky my mom told me that it's all a mind game either way I will be safe if he wants to do something stupid then he will end right back up in prison thank you prison talk for the support it has helped me in many ways more then once I will definitely go on here when he comes home he said he's not coming to get his clothes or anything

4Bobby 11-22-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7802154)
Thank you I will call around later today and look into it

Please do. I attend one and it has helped me immensely. You will gain insight into a lot of the behaviors of the addict. It may even open up other avenues of support for you. :hugme:

My man is an addict. Bobby has changed and is clean right now with the intention of staying that way. He never used while incarcerated. I am afraid I have to agree with everyone else. Your boyfriend will use and he will go back.

I am so sorry, Amber.

e-Tex 11-22-2019 12:12 PM

If he didnt bother with you, and didn't become a part of your life after he gets out of prison, that would be the best gift he could give you. I mean seriously, he can't control HIS life, so why would you even allow him to exert any control over yours?

You deserve far better than what he is incapable of delivering.

Kimimi 11-22-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7802155)
Thank you for your advice I guess he said that he can't bothee with me when he gets home he says I was cheating on him the whole time that he was locked up and he can't deal with that so I m ight get lucky my mom told me that it's all a mind game either way I will be safe if he wants to do something stupid then he will end right back up in prison thank you prison talk for the support it has helped me in many ways more then once I will definitely go on here when he comes home he said he's not coming to get his clothes or anything

Iím sorry, that hurts very much I am sure. I agree with your mom he sounds very immature and likes to play mind games. She sounds like my mom I had an ex that lived to get in your head and play games. My mom told me once why are letting him live in your head and take up space he isnít paying rent. I hope you find peace and happiness in your life. Good luck!!

onedayatatime13 11-22-2019 08:10 PM

Please see this for what it is. He guilted you to take care of him on his screw up only to leave you when he doesnt need you any more.

It kills me to say this you this way because I know you are hurting.

The other day you freaked out about your money not being to him. You have not taken steps to free yourself of this.

Really think about how much turmoil you have had to deal with in 3 months not to mention the bid prior to this. This is not normal living. Sure this is a hard life, but this is more than mind games.

Think about your unpaid Bill's. What you haven't been able to do for your child. For yourself.

All for someone who does not appreciate anything you do except when he needs more financial assistance from you.

Until you are away from it, you wont see things clearly. Please go to a meeting, therapy, something. You need a fresh pair of eyes or to hear other stories.

I hope you find peace and happiness in this life.

mama/cl 12-18-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7802155)

u
best of luck to you, my dear- you will def need it! Stay strong for yourself!! do the right things- for yourself- he will do whatever he's gonna do, unfortunately...

MizzyMuffling 12-18-2019 12:23 PM

probably summarizing all your threads on here... for you I hope not.

Born 01-18-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7802115)
My boyfriend is smoking K 2 in there what are the chances that he's going to use when he comes home from prison gets out on December 3

A very good chance of him using on the outside. And a better chance of him re-offending and going back in. If he really wants to change his life and start a new, then he will have to take it upon himself to go through withdrawal treatments and try to clean himself of the drug use. Only then will he be able to gain his life back.

ambermarshall11 01-18-2020 08:16 PM

It seems that he's better in jail he can't function out in the real world sad but true

Peacefinder 01-18-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 (Post 7808012)
It seems that he's better in jail he can't function out in the real world sad but true

It is sad. Honestly though he doesn't function in jail either. Threatening you and emotionally abusing you over the phone isn't functioning.

The only good thing is you are safer with him locked up. I hope one day you move on and get the life you deserve.

You deserve someone who appreciates you and doesn't abuse you.

e-Tex 01-19-2020 12:08 AM

Solid advice.

Firebrand 01-19-2020 08:54 AM

will he use when he gets out, huh? If he does.......he won't be out long.

onedayatatime13 01-19-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebrand (Post 7808064)
will he use when he gets out, huh? If he does.......he won't be out long.

He did come home. He did use. He is back in.

wholeshabang 01-19-2020 11:08 AM

If he uses on the inside, what will make him stop using on the outside, where a variety of drugs are much more readily available?

ambermarshall11 01-19-2020 11:12 AM

Yea it's very sad prison is not for addicts if anything it makes it worse but then you have rehab but if he doesn't want to quit he's not going to me personally i can't judge anyone because I never had an addiction so I really don't no how it is they always throw them in prison there should be an alternative besides prison