Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Straight Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   women and inside relationships % of them (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285686)

infamous721783 08-20-2007 04:44 AM

women and inside relationships % of them

my wife is in for the second time, first time 8 yrs and before i met her now she's back in and i think she has a girlfriend and is telling me no, the first time she had relationships and her exgirlfriend called ma and showed me letters my wife wrote while in recieving......i asked my wife if she has recieved or sent any mail out.....she doent know i've seen the letters (harmless) but she is lying.....about that and a few other things......i also heard it was easy at WCCW to have sex and not get caught........is there any women been out to Purdy that can confirm my gut feeling....what should i do????

PTO-29412 08-23-2007 08:44 AM

I am not a woman, however I hope to answer your questions or concerns.

I know that the percentage of women who have relationships in prison is higher than men. However it isn't as much a sexual thing as it is with men. For women it is more the need of an emotional and spiritual connection.

Don't keep your fears and concerns bottled up. Ask her to help you understand her needs, fears, and concerns. Try and keep an open mind to what she is facing.

If you need anything please let me know.

OffenderNoMore 09-15-2007 02:16 AM

There were alot of "relationships" where I was at. Alot of them seemed to be like little kids in elementary...You know the "Will you go with me? Check Yes or No"...I have good friend who was in a relationship and when I asked her why she said for her it had to do with the need of human contact and the need to feel loved. I understood what she was saying but I, myself, was comfortable being by myself as I was. To see a "couple" was a pretty common thing. Though for most of them it was an identity because the chances of contact were pretty slim and it seemed like when (if) a couple came into contact, everyone knew it and they would get a case. And for other women, they did it because they were bored and there is only so much letter writing, religious services and studying they could tolerate at one time. Others' just liked the drama that came with that kind of association.

I am not sure if this helped or not but it is pretty much how I saw it when I was a confinee.
God bless you and keep you and know that God works in mysterious ways and he will see you through all.

Diane93635 09-15-2007 02:28 AM

Honestly, nobody can say for sure exactly what your girl is up to but...my best friend who has gone in and out a few times over the past 6 or 7 years has "girlfriends" regularly. Please pm me if you'd like to talk further, okay? :D

JodyAnnShaw 09-19-2007 11:11 PM

Unfortunately, I believe the majority of women do have 'girlfriends' while locked up. I seen so many women get 'turned out' while I was locked up, it was unbelieveable. As Wessterman said, it's mostly just the need for human contact... but once it starts, it really is a hard thing to stop.
Is it easy to get away with? Well, I done my time in NC, 2 different camps.. and sorry to say that, yes, it was easy at both.