Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1445)
-   -   Ohio PB...Wait or NOT Wait? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90761)

MsChiku 11-20-2004 05:24 PM

Ohio PB...Wait or NOT Wait?

My husband is scheduled to go before the Ohio Parole Board in less than 3yrs (Rodney casually reminded me today during our visit) I can recall how long away that sounded back in 1996 (the year I committed to waiting with him for the duration). God knows I didn't think I was strong enough to survive this struggle. But I did know that through God's Grace, ALL things are possible.

I don't like the idea of my husband's release being at the mercy of the PB. But I have enough faith in GOD, to know that whatever happens, HE will provide us with the courage & strength to keep on going. When you're dealing with an indefinite sentencing, anything can happen. :rolleyes:

I suppose I posted this to remind myself that time never stops and that each day that passes, I'm one day closer to whatever their decision may be. And that, I DID NOT come this far to leave NOW. Just a thought :cool:

Crissymn 11-20-2004 05:26 PM

Time does seem to fly sometimes! That is great that his date is getting closer and I wish the best for Him and for yourself with the PB.

1nonlyTeRe 11-20-2004 05:42 PM

Oh My that's not far at all.. especially when you look back to all the things you all have been through.. Yes god will provide you with the strength and courage!!!!!! Gosh, I know it's hard to stand beside your man when he's in this predicament, but as my honey always says "God sent me you as my Angel to give me the support, love, strength, courage and everything else I need to go on in this situation" and I know Rodney feels the same about you, and you for him.. I keep you all in my prayers!!! and I know it will all work out!!!!

love ya chica!!

MsChiku 11-20-2004 05:47 PM

Crissy & TeRe...Thank YOU ;) I love yall...And through God ALL things are possible...He makes a way out of NO Way...All our predicaments are engraved in my soul...I will always hold PTO in my heart. PRAYER's are sent continously and likewise, much appreciated;)

JennyMCa 11-21-2004 01:47 AM

Parole Board Hearings and visits

Well he may have seemed casual when he reminded you and I'm sure it's on your mind a lot but I bet there's no moment when it isn't on his.

I don't know a lot about this but it seems like if they have a definite plan and have taken all the steps they can to start their plan in motion their chance of success with the parole board is better (so you hear and read anyway)

Obviously having you as a support system and a home waiting to go to will help too. :)

Hugs

Jenny

MsChiku 11-21-2004 07:21 AM

You are so RIGHT

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyMCa
Well he may have seemed casual when he reminded you and I'm sure it's on your mind a lot but I bet there's no moment when it isn't on his.

I don't know a lot about this but it seems like if they have a definite plan and have taken all the steps they can to start their plan in motion their chance of success with the parole board is better (so you hear and read anyway)

Obviously having you as a support system and a home waiting to go to will help too. :)

Hugs

Jenny

(((Jenny))) Girl you hit the nail on the head. Rodney called last night and we talked more about the next three years. He's been following the expected programs and procedures to the tee. He has not been in segregation for over 8 yrs. He honestly walks the talk. He doesn't bother no one and no one bothers him. (All Praise To GOD) He's involved in self-improvement programs. He's received a Certificate in Cullinary Arts.

Another one of Rodney's childhood acquaintances spent 2 1/2 yrs in one of the Institutes with him. He was released last years after serving 15 yrs. plus 3 months. I ran into this gentleman at a house warming party for his niece. He had the kindest words to say about my husband and expressed how much respect he had for me standing by Rodney. He told me things that literally had me crying (tears of joy)... Please don't get me wrong I knew without a doubt that my husband is walking the narrow road and holding his own so to speak. (thru God's Grace) But to hear another Good Man say such nice things about another Man, is breath-taking.

He told me that he believes that the path Rodney is going will prove to be the one case before the PB that they'll release him on his 1st PB Hearing. In all his yrs. being Institutionalized, he's never ran across a more sympathetic case as my husband's.

I don't intentionally try to sound negative about the final outcome. Just over the last 10 yrs., I've learned to Pray for the best and prepare for the worst case scenario. In the meantime, I support my husband by remaining a good, dedicated, & faithful wife. Rodney has my utmost respect. And you are absolutely right, I'll support him til the end because he's worthy of it. ;) And he told me himself that he don't know what path he'd be on if it weren't for God's Grace & his wife.

Jenny, thank you for your comments. I so appreciate your thoughts. Sabrena :thumbsup:

Ravenslove 11-21-2004 01:03 PM

Sebrena, I am glad and will add your man to my prayers to make parole. My Raven goes up in 172 days. I hope and pray he will be granted it. But he also is old law so it depends alot on the kind of day the board is having. Raven was in the cook at LaECI. But he wants to build houses when he gets out. Thank you for showing us that you can wait for your man and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

May the Great Spirit Bless you and Rodney

MsChiku 11-21-2004 03:07 PM

(((RavensLove))) Maria, thank you ;) So, Billy's time is just around the corner Girlfriend. You definitely have to keep us posted. You know I'm praying for the best outcome for both You & Billy. Praise God for all the strength he gives us to stand by our men. Keep your head up. :thumbsup:

littlemamma 11-21-2004 08:24 PM

my fiance' goes back up in front of the parole board before his release date next year cause he has an old case under the old law that still has 48 years on it. so he has to go back up in front of them to see if he is going to get anymore time added onto his sentence. i don't know what i am going to do if they give him the remaining 48 yrs. i have called the parole board in columbus and they have given me three different stories so i don't know what to believe :confused:

MsChiku 11-22-2004 09:31 PM

(((littlemamma))) Try to keep your head up girl...the wondering can eat us alive...I'm thankful for PTO's support and being able to assist others in this everyday struggle. Whatever the decision girl, you are not alone. Sabrena;)

littlemamma 11-22-2004 09:52 PM

i called to day and they said that they are just revoking and that he more than likely won't get anymore time cause his new case is only a felony 5 and he got the max that a felony 5 carries. she said what will probably happen at the hearing is they will give him more time on paper (probably 3-5 yrs) and if he messes up again they will give him more time. but i have to send the parole board copies of my fiance's plea bargain papers cause there was a plea bargain made at the court hearing that his parole would not be revoked. and the parole board signed the plea bargain too so now they are going back on their word. which really makes me mad..... :thumbsup:

Alynn528 11-22-2004 09:56 PM

Sabrena, God only gives us what he feels we can handle in life. He never gives us too much to handle. You are a very strong woman and Rodney is lucky to have you in his corner. Girl I will keep you & Rodney in my prayers & thoughts and I hope soon he returns home to you. Keep the faith & courage and your love for each other going strong and no matter what you both will reunite again real soon. Hugs :)

MsChiku 11-22-2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemamma
i called to day and they said that they are just revoking and that he more than likely won't get anymore time cause his new case is only a felony 5 and he got the max that a felony 5 carries. she said what will probably happen at the hearing is they will give him more time on paper (probably 3-5 yrs) and if he messes up again they will give him more time. but i have to send the parole board copies of my fiance's plea bargain papers cause there was a plea bargain made at the court hearing that his parole would not be revoked. and the parole board signed the plea bargain too so now they are going back on their word. which really makes me mad..... :thumbsup:

At least you're on top of things...that's the spirit. Don't take NO for an answer and don't let them get you down. this too shall surely pass ;) Sabrena :thumbsup:

MsChiku 11-22-2004 10:05 PM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrennansAngel
Sabrena, God only gives us what he feels we can handle in life. He never gives us too much to handle. You are a very strong woman and Rodney is lucky to have you in his corner. Girl I will keep you & Rodney in my prayers & thoughts and I hope soon he returns home to you. Keep the faith & courage and your love for each other going strong and no matter what you both will reunite again real soon. Hugs :)

Amber, thank you girl you are an (((Angel))) and I needed your kind words. Brennan is blessed to have you in his corner too. We appreciate your prayers. You are both in mines. ;) Sabrena