Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida - Region 1 Facilities (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1635)
-   -   1st visit at Blackwater CF, thought I'd share info on process & vending etc (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703234)

Rogirl 07-09-2017 09:39 PM

1st visit at Blackwater CF, thought I'd share info on process & vending etc

Today was my first visit at Blackwater with my LO and it was actually pretty pleasant. The check in process was quick and easy, each paper has a number on it, you fill them out, they call your number you give them your ID and money, they return your money and give you a visitor pass. Next you take shoes off and go through metal detector, shoes plus all your belongings go through scanner, next is a quick pat down. Then you wait to be taken to the VP, they take you in groups. Once in the VP you sign the log at the desk and they assign you to a table. From the time I walked through the door until I made it to my table took maybe 10 minutes. The guys are slow to get there, mine took about 30 minutes. They only have vending machines and the prices are a bit high but it's worth it to spend time with the one you love. The guys are not allowed to be up unless leaving or during count. They did count at 1130 but the guys were only outside for about 3 minutes. There is no outside visit but the inside is really big, it filled up pretty quick. They have a few officers that walk around but they all seemed cool, they have board and card games that the guys can checkout and they do pictures not sure if you pay for them there or if the guys have to prepay for the, I came after work and was ijn no condition for pictures. They don't really seem to care much about dress code, I saw all kinds of outfits, dresses, skirts, white shirts, tight jeans and the list goes on. Leaving is just as easy you go out in groups when you get back to the front you give them the number that was on your paper they return that to you, take it to the control room with your visitor badge and they return your ID. The waiting area is inside with AC, they have lots of chairs to sit in while you wait. Same process with the one kiss and hug at the beginning and end and they don't mind hand holding, all inmates have a particular chair they must sit in. Kinda noisy because there were lots of kids but that don't bother me. Overall it was a great first visit at a new facility. Hopefully this helps someone who may be visiting there soon for the first time.

shackleforddale 10-19-2018 11:14 AM

Thank you for this. My brother just moved from Bay CI to Blackwater due to damage from the hurricane. I had only been to Bay once, and found it to be not as bad as I thought. We are planning to go visit next weekend since his wife and son are going this weekend.