Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1313)
-   -   60 days until release and gets a write-up (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696764)

stevomama 11-27-2016 06:55 PM

60 days until release and gets a write-up

My son's release date is Jan 30, 2017. He just got a write up for tattoos that arent on his face sheet. However they arent new but about a year old. He was sent to the hole for 20 days and now says he could get CR date. He has been a good inmate and only had 2 write-ups in 2 1/2 yrs. Just finished his program and was exceptional in it. Im so scared he wont come home. Anyone have some info they can share on the subject?

Cdub 11-27-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevomama (Post 7585424)
My son's release date is Jan 30, 2017. He just got a write up for tattoos that arent on his face sheet. However they arent new but about a year old. He was sent to the hole for 20 days and now says he could get CR date. He has been a good inmate and only had 2 write-ups in 2 1/2 yrs. Just finished his program and was exceptional in it. Im so scared he wont come home. Anyone have some info they can share on the subject?

If he was in for 2.5 years and the tats are a year old then it is clear he got them inside. That is a violation. I don't think there is some sort of statute of limitations on breaking the rules. So you have to add another violation.

Don't know how it will impact his release but it does call into question your description of him as a good inmate.

missingdee 11-28-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevomama (Post 7585424)

Honestly, would depend on the rules and regulations of the facility or department that's housing him. Your location indicates you're from Missouri....not sure if he's in Missouri as well but most Departments have some sort of rules and guidelines that are publicly available (in California for our state prisons we have Title 15...I'd imagine he's dealing with something else entirely) and those will usually spell out what the rules are and what the punishment range is for violating them.

If he loses his date I'd imagine it'd be something like 30-60 days taken, but I'm basing that off California knowledge. I don't know what rules might apply to him or how the parole/release process will work.

If you could clarify where he is housed, perhaps we can point you to a forum that's a little more state-specific that might give you a better answer to your question?

stevomama 11-28-2016 02:06 AM

60 days until release and gets a write-up

Yes my son is in a Missouri prison.

missingdee 11-28-2016 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevomama (Post 7585496)
Yes my son is in a Missouri prison.

As a quick reference, we do have a forum for the Missouri State Prison System (and county jails and fed facilities within Missoury, which you can find by clicking this link. There may be information in the forum or someone who's had a similar issue with Missouri's DOC in the past that may have a better answer.

I hope that your son is able to come home on his scheduled release date or, if not, then as shortly thereafter as possible.

Welcome to Prison Talk Online.

-E

stevomama 11-28-2016 06:42 AM

Thank you so much for your help :)

patchouli 11-28-2016 07:30 AM

I've moved your thread to the Missouri forum so you may get the state specific info you need :)

Karen78 05-12-2017 01:28 PM

Just curious if your son made it home on his release date?