Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1704)
-   -   Menard: Are North cells 1 & 2 going to be single man cells? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696213)

Foreign 11-06-2016 09:17 PM

Menard: Are North cells 1 & 2 going to be single man cells?

Hi,

There's a strong possibility my boyfriend will be transferred from Stateville to Menard shortly.

Does anyone know if North cells 1 & 2 are going to be single man cells?

:hmm:

Foreign 11-07-2016 01:52 PM

Not sure how to alter a thread - still learning how to use this site.

My boyfriend wants to know if the North I & II cell houses contain single man cells.

There's a strong possibility he will be transferred there. I hope not as that's the last place I want him to end up.

ssh273 11-07-2016 03:01 PM

Menard Max in IL?

I have family there and I know for sure he has a celly. I'm not sure what Cell block he's in. I can ask. It may take a few days for me to talk to him. You'll probably get an answer from another member, but i'll ask.

Miss_A 11-07-2016 03:18 PM

North 1 & 2 cell houses are 2 man cells. All the cell houses are that way. But North house cells are larger than in the other cell houses.

Foreign 11-08-2016 05:03 PM

Hi,

Thank you so much for answering my question. He was told three weeks ago he is going to be transferred but has heard nothing else since. He's certain it will be to Menard. I've heard awful things about that prison so that's the last place I want him to end up.

ssh273 11-08-2016 05:26 PM

If you can make sure he has boots and warm clothes and a coat. My cousin says they leave the windows open all year and in the winter they sleep with coats and boots on. In the summer damn near naked. Not sure which house he's in though.

trauma4us 11-08-2016 10:02 PM

It's a very old prison built almost 100 yrs ago. Max security so in-cell quite a bit

Miss_A 11-09-2016 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foreign (Post 7580931)
Hi,

Thank you so much for answering my question. He was told three weeks ago he is going to be transferred but has heard nothing else since. He's certain it will be to Menard. I've heard awful things about that prison so that's the last place I want him to end up.

I visit Menard weekly. I've been a very regular visitor there going on 7 years. Menard is a shit hole that is for sure, but Stateville is more violent than Menard, so if he's made it in Stateville, he'll make it in Menard. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Dealing with that place for as long as I have, I might be able to help answer some questions.

Foreign 11-09-2016 03:40 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your responses and the low-down on Menard. I wish they'd hurry up and put him out of his misery by telling him exactly where he's going.

He was hoping to go to a medium level prison given he's never been in any trouble and has always worked at the prisons he's been at.

I will double check to make sure he's got warm clothes etc.

:thumbsup:

Sunflwrs 12-21-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foreign (Post 7580483)
Hi,

There's a strong possibility my boyfriend will be transferred from Stateville to Menard shortly.

Does anyone know if North cells 1 & 2 are going to be single man cells?

:hmm:

my guy is in North house, they can be either or one or two man. Is your man in PC?

maytayah 12-21-2016 11:19 AM

I have a friend in Menard not sure which house. He says its ok he is in a single cell.
Here is some more info about the place.
https://www.illinois.gov/idoc/facili...nalcenter.aspx

Sunflwrs 12-27-2016 07:35 AM

One nice thing at Menard is they have the MP3 players that can email from and download nearly 2 million songs. My guy is having a great time emailing people he has not heard from in a long time.