Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   PTO POLICIES / RULES (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Staff Name Colors & Their Meaning (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361652)

4Ever&100Days 09-17-2008 06:59 PM

Staff Name Colors & Their Meaning

Just curious...why do differnent moderators have different colors? Is it their preference or does it mean something?

Lysbeth 09-25-2008 01:47 AM

Just FYI - New PTO staff colors as of today (September 25th, 2008):

Research Assistant
Forum Moderator

Site Moderator
Super Moderator
Administrator

bluberry1020 09-25-2008 05:22 AM

The bottom of the first page still says RA's are dark green. Just a FYI!

ladysam 09-25-2008 05:52 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

This is soooooo hilarious! I think blu's monitor is screwed up! She called me this morning complaining about the colors. So far, I've changed colors 3 times since I've been on the phone with her.

I swear my monitor shows me being yellow.

bluberry1020 09-25-2008 06:07 AM

Very funny Ladysam. Yeah my computer monitor shows Ladysam as dark blue. At first glance I thought it was dark green still, But when I came into this thread the RA's are yellow. Everywhere else I look they are dark dark blue. The rest of the staff are the right color. Thankfully my computer is getting some work done on it this weekend. At the bottom of the first page they are dark blue and in their posts they are. But in Lysbeth's post in this thread they are yellow. Ladysams name in her post in this thread is dark blue too on my screen. WEIRD!!!!

Lysbeth 09-25-2008 06:46 AM

It kind of sounds like something with the colors on your computer, Blu... but you might also try clearing your web browser's cache. 'cos the key on the Who's Online list is definitely right now.

But the actual colors themselves will be a little variable to different people depending on their monitors - what kind they have, what resolution they're using, etc. Just like Ladysam is seeing hers as more yellow, but the actual color is really orange.

But it definitely shouldn't be as variable in color as what you're seeing Blu, nope :haha:

Lysbeth 09-25-2008 08:31 AM

Blu - we discovered there was a color code problem with the new RA color and made a change.

Probably you should be seeing them in orange/dark orange now.

sokiegirl 09-25-2008 08:34 AM

Thank you I thought I was losing my mind!

I was staring at Nimuays name thinking "I thought she was pink" :dizzy::haha:

bluberry1020 09-25-2008 08:57 AM

Damn, Thanks Lysbeth because I really was thinking I was crazy.

desertmoonwoman 09-25-2008 04:51 PM

Well my color is butternut squash or something...

bluberry1020 09-25-2008 05:35 PM

That is a wonderful description of it, Butternut Squash Research Assistants. LOL

NoAirMan 09-26-2008 03:19 AM

I want to see more "teal". ... :shrug:

guvokikam 09-26-2008 12:14 PM

LOL! desertmoonwoman (I liked your name in green) kinda, sorta, like the butternut squash color. Ohhhh well, it will take some gettin' use to!:) Hey, at least it's not covered in mega glitter! TGIF!

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertmoonwoman (Post 4007113)
Well my color is butternut squash or something...

guvokikam 09-26-2008 01:51 PM

From what I know about moderator name colors. I think, red and blue have banning ability and the other colors do not? Personally, I have never been banned, but I have seen what colors mods have made the assertion to PTO members past and present.

Lysbeth 12-05-2008 08:20 AM

Whoops - sorry this didn't get an answer sooner.

Here's the Cliffs Notes version...

Research Assistants - work on research & information projects in forums and have no post/thread moderating ability on the site.

Forum Moderators - have post/thread moderating ability in only the forums they are a listed Moderator in, and are direct managers of those forums.

Site Moderators - have post/thread moderating ability across the entire site in all forums; direct managers of forums they are a listed Moderator in.

Super Moderators - have post/thread moderating ability across the entire site in all forums; direct managers of forums they are a listed Moderator in; have user banning/suspension ability; can make some administrative changes (username changes*, etc.); are part of PTO Administration, supervising the entire site and staff in general.

Administrators - have post/thread moderating ability across the entire site in all forums; direct (but not always "full time") managers of forums they are a listed Moderator in; have user banning/suspension ability; Site Administrators can make all administrative changes (username changes, closing accounts, changes to forums and site structure in general, all other changes); are the executive branch of PTO Administration, supervising and managing the entire site and staff. Administrators have the final say regarding anything in this community.

I hope that helps!

* NOTE: Our Super Moderators currently do not have username change ability for a reason unknown to us - we are hoping to resolve this soon - in any case, all username changes should go through the Helpdesk anyway, please send in a request to the Helpdesk if you are interested in a username change.