View Full Version : 309 Program - Need Advice Badly!!!

misstussey42
01-10-2005, 03:46 PM
My fiancee(Terry) has filled out his 309 papers for Hempstead County. We went and spoke with the sherriff and he said that he would pull him. He said to have Terry send Bill Terry a letter. Is he talking about the 309 form that he has filled out already or is he suppose to write a personal letter to Bill Terry or should I call. We have took it this far, what next?:hmm: Hempstead is only 30 minutes from home. Right now I am making a 3 hour 15 min. trip every Sunday to Pine Bluff.

crisnclay
01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Where is your loved one now? Is he at the Diagnostic Unit? The reason I ask is because im there every Sunday also. Did the Sheriff tell your Terry to write Bill Terry or did your Terry tell the Sheriff to write a letter?? That sounds so confusing.lol The best thing to do is have the Sheriff call Bill Terry. Bill Terry says that it doesnt help to have a Sheriff "request" and inmate that there is a waiting list but I have seen other people pulled because a Sheriff has called Mr. Terry. I dont know if you should call Bill Terry, when I was trying to get my husband out on a 309 all Bill Terry did was make me cry and treated me like straight CRAP! If your feelings get hurt easy its best you dont call. Sorry I couldnt help you more. Good luck!! I hope yall get this:thumbsup:

Jade01
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
I agree with crisnclay. You need to see if the Sheriff will contact Bill Terry and request your fiance. Other than that, make sure he has a current request for Hempstead. How long ago did he send it in? I hope all goes well with everything!! The 309 program is awesome!

Matthew's_Angel
01-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I have also contacted Bill Terry by phone. I would not recommend it, but his secretary is very nice.

Good Luck!!!

misstussey42
01-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Terry sent his 309 request for Hempstead in about 3 weeks ago maybe 4. He had already sent one in a long time ago. He has filled out so many request that they probably have a box full for every program there is! haha

There is rumor flying that he may be going to Benton today. I just worry about him because of his diabetes. He is capable of doing everything the same as everybody else but they hold his diabetes against him.

Terry said that it didn't sound right that he was suppose to write Bill T. He has always been told that the sherriff has to request him.

I will know at 11:45 this morning if he is gone to Benton. If he doesn't call, I will know he is gone. Benton is an hour and 45 min. closer than where (cummins) he is now.

I told him last night, it is the Lord's decision and we just have to trust that. Does anybody have any info on visits at Benton as far as time, strictness, etc.? At Cummins the visits are great! I know from what I have heard that they are the best.

Thanks for all of your replies! I will keep you updated!

Matthew's_Angel
01-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Did he go to Benton?

misstussey42
01-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Well, Terry is in Benton. But now they say he is too sick (diabetes - two shots a day) for them to keep and they are waiting to see what the doctor says this morning. If they don't keep him they are sending him to Wrightsville instead of back to Cummins. I don't know anything about Wrightsville. We are calling this morning to see if the sherriff in Hempstead will call Bill Terry. Sometimes you wonder if the nightmare will ever end.

Hitch's Girl
03-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Could someone help me out here? What is the 309 program and how does it work?
thanks
peaches

Jade01
03-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Peaches -
The 309 program is kind of like work release. The inmate lives at a county jail, working for the Sheriff, helping feed the inmates, clean up around the jail, and any other task that the Sheriff requests. After being a class 1B for a year, they are allowed to have a furlough (a pass to let them go home for a certain period of time) every 3 months. Each county jail differs from the next in the exact rules, such as visitation procedures and such.

My fiance is a 309, and we love it! So, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

CougarsGrl4Ever
03-05-2005, 06:51 PM
My Husband is a 309 at Hempstead Co.,,,,,,,What we always have to do to get anything done..is have him write Bill Terry and request that he be transferred.....send the papers to him also....BUT good luck,,,Bill is kinda hard to deal with....We have been trying to get my husband sent to Benton W.R.,,,with no luck dealing with Bill Terry,,,so we are taking another route.....Wish you all the luck in the world,,,,Especially at Hempstead co.,,,,,

misstussey42
03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
My Husband is a 309 at Hempstead Co.,,,,,,,What we always have to do to get anything done..is have him write Bill Terry and request that he be transferred.....send the papers to him also....BUT good luck,,,Bill is kinda hard to deal with....We have been trying to get my husband sent to Benton W.R.,,,with no luck dealing with Bill Terry,,,so we are taking another route.....Wish you all the luck in the world,,,,Especially at Hempstead co.,,,,,
Does my fiancee need to write a letter besides his request form to Bill Terry? And send a copy to the sherriff? Or just Bill Terry. The sherriff at Hempstead told us that Bill Terry would have to call him. He said he wasn't allowed to request inmates anymore because it got too political. Whatever that means. I will talk to anybody just to get him closer.