View Full Version : Stuart DeLuca - TIFA Founder and Texas inmate advocate dies of heart attack

biscuitmom
01-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Stuart DeLuca, a giant in Texas prisoner advocacy, died yesterday.

His magnificent compassionate voice will be missed.

Retired-18
01-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Thank you for letting us know. May he rest in peace.

MoMo
01-07-2005, 06:15 AM
My prayers go out to him and his family. May he rest in peace.
Thanks for letting us know.

vim1946
01-07-2005, 09:47 AM
May his family find peace in knowing that he was so loved while he was here and that he is now safe in the arms of his Lord.

TXHarleygirl
01-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Stuart Deluca was a man of such knowledge and compassion. I "met" him via the old Texas Inmate Families Association (of which he was the founder) forum over the internet. He was always quick to be the first to respond to my posts when the site existed and when my husband was first sentenced. Sometimes he got a little tough on me, but looking back, I realize it was because I needed it. Unfortunately, the TIFA forum closed down, and I never got a chance to say thank you. So, Stuart, if you're watching over us as I know you are, my husband is home, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for getting us through the toughest times of our life within the Texas prison system. Your wisdom will be remembered and my husband and I will never ever forget your advice, and most of all, your friendship in our time of need. May you rest in Peace Stuart, and thank you! Thank you ever so much for all you did...

MiaBellaAngela
01-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Go with God

BrandNewGirl
01-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Prayers for his family. Rest in peace Mr DeLuca.

Nancy

vim1946
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
DeLUCA, Stuart, 62, of Austin died Wednesday. Services noon Monday, La Grange City Cemetery. Arrangements by Koenig & Strickland, La Grange.

Off the TIFA website:

The Loss Of A Dear Friend

We are deeply saddened by the death of our founder and active board member, Stuart DeLuca, who died unexpectedly of a massive heart attack on Wednesday, January 5, 2005. His contributions to helping families of incarcerated have been immeasurable. We shall miss him terribly. A memorial service is being planned for Saturday afternoon, January 22, in Austin. Details on arrangements will follow - please check this website.

Trulykath
01-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Such a tragedy....he worked so hard for others....I found some old e-mails from him not too long ago.....this is a great loss....

Rest in peace Mr. DeLuca...

kath