View Full Version : Looking good.......

mafacb
01-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok people another year has started and I'm looking for any diet that you tired or is trying that is actually working or has worked....my man gets out next year, so I have a year to lose some of this weight (even though he doesn't want me to). So ifyou have any ideas please let me know.

JustLisa
01-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I have done the Atkin's Diet in the past with great success.. I need to do it again, summer will be here before we know it. It is pretty easy to do, just gotta get in the right mindset, and after looking in the mirror this morning I am in the right mindset to do it.

Retired-26
01-05-2005, 11:49 AM
i agree, i love atkins, i dropped the weight like whoa :D its easy too, staeks, hamburgers with no bun, grilled chicken, veggies, eggs. good stuff :thumbsup:

~Laurie
01-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Just cut way back on the food you already eat. It's all about the calories! You don't have to restrict yourself from eating your favorite foods. Just eat much smaller portions and eliminate all tempting snacks.

mafacb
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Cool...I love all of your ideas..thanks. Well my mind is very set on losing this weight and I'm going to stick to it. I love you people on PTO--yall uplift my spirits with eveything I read. I love you all!!

marriola482
01-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Smaller portions are definitely key, drink A LOT of water, and healthy snacks inbetween like fruits and fresh veggies!

JustLisa
01-05-2005, 01:52 PM
The smaller portions has never worked for me.. I get too darn hungry.. That's what I love about Atkins.. If I wanted do sit down and eat ten steaks I could and still lose weight.. LOL.. now granted.. that would be impossible to do, but that's what I like about it.. unlimited amounts of lots of things. I notice after doing it for a while I am not all that hungry anymore..

~Laurie
01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Here are some good low-cal, but satisfying snacks you might like:

I don't follow the weight watcher's plan, but their Smart Ones Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae (really an 8 oz. cup of low-fat chocolate ice cream with fudge through it) has only 150 calories in it and it *really* good.

Lean Cuisine has these *great* little frozen deep dish pizzas with as little as 310 calories in them.

I also love 90 calorie fat free yogurts.

And there are new snack packs from Nabisco that are only 100 calories and supposed to be good (I'm going to buy some tonight).

JamesWifey
01-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Laurie:

Ahhhhh!! I can't believe you mentioned the "Smart One's" Sundae Cups... those are my FAVORITE!! You should also try the ICE CREAM CONES-- they are awesome!!!! :p

~Laurie
01-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Laurie:

Ahhhhh!! I can't believe you mentioned the "Smart One's" Sundae Cups... those are my FAVORITE!! You should also try the ICE CREAM CONES-- they are awesome!!!! :p
I'm going to try the peanut butter ice cream cones next. Last night I bought the cookies and cream ice cream bars. 120 calories. I mean, I can't believe how good these things are!