View Full Version : Out with the old & IN with the NEW... 2005 in Georgia!!!

strongernow
12-31-2004, 12:03 PM
:clap: Happy New Year Georgia!!!! :clap:

:thumbsup: What are we all hoping this new year will bring for us? :thumbsup:

:idea: What are some of your resolutions? :idea:

:grouphug:
Here's to another year together as a strong, loving and amazingly supportive
Georgia PTO Family!

strongernow
12-31-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm hoping this year will be financial relief for my family sine my fiance can go back to work this month, woo hoo!!! :D

I am also hoping this year my fiance's adjustment to being home and dealing with his responsibilities will get easier for him and in turn us as a couple. We have had a hard year since he has been out but we are both giving 120% now to work through all issues and keep our relationship/committment to each other moving forward!

My resolutions:

*Get in shape! The weight has been lost, now it's time to tone up!

*Continue to learn to be a patient, understanding persson in my relationship with my fiance and with my friends and family.

*RELAX

*Getting married in Septmeber, get it going! Lots of planning to do!

1dayatatime
12-31-2004, 05:45 PM
My goals for the year:

Loose some weight and get into shape

Get J home and begin to repair our marriage

Learn how to deal with all the stresses life gives you when you are a mother

Become active in church again

ONE

Charliesgirl
12-31-2004, 05:58 PM
I need to get in shape too, (neice is getting married in June,want to look good)
Hope to do better with my finances

I wish the VERY BEST in the New Year to all my GA PTO family. I dont know what I would have done without you in the past year.Espically you PJ, you are the heart and soul of the family.

lilivoryangel
01-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Well, I don't really make resolutions since I don't keep them anyway! But I DO plan to 1) start the gym and get toned up, I have gained 22 lbs. this year and have had to go and buy all new clothes..........not an easy thing for someone who has always been skinny....................2)I will continue to stay active in church and strengthen my relationship with God............3) continue to keep away from the charge cards.....4) be positive.............

liljordan
01-01-2005, 07:18 PM
This year is going to be quite different for me than the last 3-4 because lots of things in my life have changed here recently. Theres a few challenges coming my way also but nothing I cant handle,some of my Goals... 1)dedicate more time to build a relationship with GOD and make church become a routine part of mine and Macy's (my daughter) life... 2)Macy starts school this year, so I want to make it mandatory to be an involved and active parent for her class/school... 3) Excercise (3-4 days wk.)...4)Pay off loan to my mother, shes the BEST. I Have more but we will work on these first. Thanks PTO family and Good luck on your success :thumbsup:

john'smom
01-02-2005, 03:42 PM
A very special thank you to all that post on Georgia sites. It has helped me get through this Holiday season, the first with my son in the system. I hope that I will be able to help other families this year who have loved ones in our system. God will see us through this. 2005 will be a better year for all of us, especially those who will have loved ones returned to them..Thank you for your support.

tweetwashington
01-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Curtis should be coming home this year. I have no idea when, but he should be home. So, my resolution is to make the transition as smooth as possible for myself, my kids, and him.

Strenghten my relationship with God. Make going to church and paying tithes a routine part of my life.

LOSE SOME WEIGHT by getting some type of exercise each day and making the right food choices.

Get a new job. Now that I have graduated with my Accounting degree, it is time to find a new job and get more financially stable.

Make sure that my kids and Curtis know how important they are to me. Make sure that I take better care of myself, because I realized this last year that if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anybody else.

Gemini4lif
01-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Well my husband is coming home next year so I have a few resolutions for 2005...

1. I want to save some more money so that we will be comfortable when he comes home and not totally stressed out if he doesnt find a job right away...

2. I want to start doing more things with my son. He is a great kid and loves the movies, so I want to start planning a weekend date with him every other weekend for us to go and do whatever he wants to do.

3. To continue to lose weight. I have already lost 30 pounds and I have 40 more to go...Just to remain active in the gym and keep watching my diet.

4. To get more active in my church and continue to be a positive influence on those around me

5. To finally start the process of repairing the damaged relationship I have with my mother...its going to be hard, but I am finally ready to take that step. Life is too short to let past problems rule your world.

Patrice

rksbabby
01-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Hey everyone! Happy New Year. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and A Happy and safe New Years! My new year res. are to loose about 20 pounds, and exercise, which will probably be me walking in the mornings before work and to be strong for my baby and love him even more! I am hoping that he will be home this year, and they want just tell him what he wants to hear, like they did telling him that he was going to be home by Christmas '04! But that is another story that i could preach on all day! Have a good week everyone!

1dayatatime
01-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Another resolution:

Spend more time with the kids and less time on the net(no offense)! Sometimes I become so consumed by the net I feel that my kids may feel left out.

ONE