View Full Version : Different diets?

1dayatatime
12-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Alot of people will diet as a New Years resolution---I would like to loose --um about 15 pounds maybe a little more maybe a little less. I was wodering if you plan on dieting what type of diet do you plan on using. If you have been successful with dieting what did you do.

(south beach, atkins, jenny craig, diet pills, low calorie, weight watchers?)

I tried to join weight watchers about 9-12 months ago and they wouldnt let me join---said I didnt weigh enough. :rolleyes:

ONE

cawillia
12-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey! I need insight on this issue too. My mom didn't join weight watchers- she got the book that had all the points for each food. I think it should be available somewhere. She lost like 35 pounds in 6 months or something. I'm gonna see if i can get a copy of the book. I'll pm you if I get it and then we can have our weigh ins on PTO (JUST KIDDING! :)). I'll see if i can get a copy though, for real, and then maybe scan and copy it for interested people. Lord knows I need to try something

1dayatatime
12-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Great idea. I work with a lady who joined---she is small so I dont know how she got in. SHe has lost 25 pounds and quickly she has maintaned this week for a long time. She eats tons of food. She can have twenty points a day.

I would love it if you could post about the points.

ONE

cawillia
12-28-2004, 05:00 PM
I promise I'll check on that before i go back! I think it'd be great if we all kinda worked together on it. It's just so hard during the holidays!

1dayatatime
12-28-2004, 05:04 PM
YEP! Sure is. I would like to weigh what I weighed when J and I met before he comes home. Although he says I look great!!

Ps I am so jealous of you and your man this week!! (((LOL))))

ONE

Justice4Alexa
12-28-2004, 06:35 PM
I heard weight watchers is a good program bc they teach you to change your eating habits and do not starve you. It sounds like a great idea, but I coudlnt afford that kind of support. Love ya Angie

JamesWifey
12-30-2004, 10:50 PM
I absolutely LOVE the weight watchers diet. It is actually FUN! Yes, I said FUN! I am doing it with my mom. The point system is great. As someone else stated, it is an excellent diet because you are actually eating good food, and you feel satisfied, not as though you are starving yourself. I was never conscious about what was going into my mouth, until I started counting points. Depending on your weight, you will have so many points you can consume per day. The key is to not go over that amount of points. You also want to drink about 6 glasses of water per day and have about 3 servings of dairy and 4 fruits/veggies. You can earn "Activity points" when you exercise, which means you can eat a little more! You also have the opportunity to "bank" points or save them for the next day if you do not use all your points that day.

In the frozen food section, Weight Watchers has great meals called Smart Ones. They are usualy about 5 or 6 points. I also have a great list for 1 point foods if anyone is interested, PM me.

This is a great diet and I suggest it for anyone interested in dieting!

Marie