View Full Version : Well we finally got a decision from the parole board today....

Gemini4lif
12-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Any my husband has to max out. So his release date is May 13, 2006. I had a feeling that was going to happen, but I still held out hope that he would be home in 2005....so 17 more months it is. I havent had a chance to tell him yet, and I know he is not going to take it too well...

Trying to stop myself from crying here at work....We have already done 10 months...what is another 17? Sounds good to say it, but I dont feel it...still kinda numb.

Patrice :angry:

MiaBellaAngela
12-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Any my husband has to max out. So his release date is May 13, 2006. I had a feeling that was going to happen, but I still held out hope that he would be home in 2005....so 17 more months it is. I havent had a chance to tell him yet, and I know he is not going to take it too well...

Trying to stop myself from crying here at work....We have already done 10 months...what is another 17? Sounds good to say it, but I dont feel it...still kinda numb.

:eek: :mad: :blah:
Sorry to hear this. I know it is a let down.
The good news is he will be home in about a year! Yippee. Hang in there. You can do it! I believe in you!:thumbsup:

Gemini4lif
12-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah, you are right. I should be thankful that it is only a year and a few months left, so many other people have a lot more time than that....but what can I say? I just want his ass home! LOL I know this time will go by and sooner than later I will be on my way to pick him up, so I should be happy. I just hate going through the pick-up of hoping for the best and then the let down when the news is bad. But I will get over it.

Patrice

Woody's Girl
12-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Sorry Gemini, I sometimes feel like that too, NUMB. 17 more months, we'll still be here for you.
Kesha

MiaBellaAngela
12-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah, you are right. I should be thankful that it is only a year and a few months left, so many other people have a lot more time than that....but what can I say? I just want his ass home! LOL I know this time will go by and sooner than later I will be on my way to pick him up, so I should be happy. I just hate going through the pick-up of hoping for the best and then the let down when the news is bad. But I will get over it.

Patrice
Of course you feel badly! Only normal! Use this time to do some things you want done before he gets home and the good news is, you don't have to be let down next time. You KNOW he is coming home then!:D

Retired-18
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
You have come this far Gemini, you guys can do the rest of this time easy. Sorry you did not get good news but we are here for you girl and before you know it you will be going to pick him up.

Coral
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
:) I'm sorry you have longer to wait ! I know the feeling ! My brother max out is June 1 2006. We too prayed he would be home sooner, but the earliest will be Dec. 1 2006. He is ill and holding on for that day to come ! It's been a long 4+ years of hopes and prayers, yet we hold fast to our Faith !

Stay Strong & Keep A Higher Faith !

CoralAny my husband has to max out. So his release date is May 13, 2006. I had a feeling that was going to happen, but I still held out hope that he would be home in 2005....so 17 more months it is. I havent had a chance to tell him yet, and I know he is not going to take it too well...

MizzCandy
12-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Everything happens for a reason! I know you may think umm why does he have to sit in jail for 17 more months but believe me, there is a reason!

I will keep you in prayers!!

strongernow
12-22-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear this babe.
hang in there, you guys will surivive this. You have come too far to give up now!!!
We will always be here for you and you are such a strong woman.
((((hugs))))

1dayatatime
12-22-2004, 04:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. As you know there are no rules with the DOC. Never give up. Keep your faith and stand by your man. TIME WILL FLY BY!

ONE

lapeterson1120
12-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Gemini4lif, Hang in you can do this. This is where you have to step out on your Faith. His time will be up soon enough. Sometimes it's better for the guys to max out that way they are free when they do hit the soil. No body breathing down their necks. We're here for you if you need to talk.
Keep the Faith!

Laurie

coolchik4sure
12-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah, you are right. I should be thankful that it is only a year and a few months left, so many other people have a lot more time than that....but what can I say? Patrice

Sorry, I know this is like a kick in the stomach! :blah:

Ya know, sure there are others with a lot more time (like myself) but that does not change how you feel! When you are hoping and praying for early release, just another minute can seem like forever.

Keep the faith, and both of you help each other stay strong! :)

Eternal Hope
12-22-2004, 05:36 PM
SO sorry, girl........hey the time will go by faster than you think. Just keep focused on that wonderful day when you go to get him!!!!! You have some time to think and plan and dream.......keep looking up, and God will see you through!!!!!!!!!!

Ravenslove
12-22-2004, 07:26 PM
I am so sorry Gemini: I will keep you and your man in my prayers

titantoo
12-22-2004, 10:06 PM
I am sorry you are going to have to wait longer....but I know you both have the strength to cope...and PTO is here for help and support.
Stay strong and big hug. Try and find a good reason to smile and laugh every day. As you already said....it could be worse (easy for me to say, I know!)

jessica23
12-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Ah, hon, everyone has given you good advice and I also think it's totally normal to feel sad and let down...you strike me as a very competent woman and I'm sure it's not very often that you don't succeed at something right away, so let yourself grieve a little for your dream that your husband would be home soon. Then dust yourself off and plow ahead - you can do this, you're a strong lady and the love you have for each other shines through. This time is just a drop in the bucket compared to the years you have ahead of you together. Stay strong, we're here for you.

Jessica

MiaBellaAngela
12-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Ah, hon, everyone has given you good advice and I also think it's totally normal to feel sad and let down...you strike me as a very competent woman and I'm sure it's not very often that you don't succeed at something right away, so let yourself grieve a little for your dream that your husband would be home soon. Then dust yourself off and plow ahead - you can do this, you're a strong lady and the love you have for each other shines through. This time is just a drop in the bucket compared to the years you have ahead of you together. Stay strong, we're here for you.

Jessica
I agree. You can do it. Go Gemini!

Gemini4lif
12-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Thank you guys so much. I was concerned as to how my husband was going to react since I got the news before him....his first question was "Are you ok baby?" I was floored. All this time I was worried that he was going to flick off, and his first question was to make sure I was ok. What a wonderful, considerate man he is to me! He basically was like, "I kinda figured that was going to happen because it was a probation violation, so this is their way of teaching me a lesson...but the good thing is, since Im maxing out, I wont have to deal with parole at all, only probation" Im glad he took it well, I know we are going to be just fine.

We laughed and talked for the rest of the conversation, then he had to go to work so we said our goodbyes and I love yous and will talk again today.

Love you all

Patrice

Justice4Alexa
12-23-2004, 07:56 AM
I am sorry to hear about the denial. I feel ya girl even though I may not have had to wait as long. Actually I think that from denial to release is like 17 months. I took it hard to but Nick and i learned that at least we know there is no way it would eb longer then his flat date. 87 more days to go for us now, you hang in there, They can take your time but they can not take your love. Love ya Angie

sjjm1908
12-23-2004, 10:09 AM
I know you will hang in there---You seem to be a trooper.

Gemini4lif
12-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah, all good things comes to those who wait...Im just tired of waiting! LOL Nah, on the real, thanks, Im going to be just fine....17 months isnt that much.

Patrice

4MyBabyBoy
12-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Gemini, time WILL fly girl...he'll be home in no time. (((((hugs)))))

lilivoryangel
12-23-2004, 09:01 PM
I know this has been a huge disappointment, but you will make it! We will be here for you all 17 months! Hang in there and keep focused on the Lord, your source of hope and strength.