View Full Version : My trip to Ohio

1nonlyTeRe
12-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Well I think I am a pro in visiting at Warren Correctional, now.. lol I got 4 visits in 2 days!!!! I was so nervous at first, a new prison and all.. but the people at the visiting desk calmed me down.. THEY WERE NICE!!!! I couldn't believe it.. so different from over at Lebanon.. I didn't get to wear what I wanted to wear on Friday, because I had a lotion explosion in my suitcase, but I still looked cute.. hehe.. I visited Friday and Saturday.. 4, 3 hour visits.. I think these may have been our best ones yet.. We had some very deep conversations, we played UNO and I WON!!! We took LOTS of pics.. The only bad part about the pics, is we have to wait for them to come back to him (no polaroids) and they said it could take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks :( That really upset me.. They had decent food in vending machines, and he finally let me buy some for him.. lol.. All in all my visits were WONDERFUL!! I cried like a baby when I left my 2nd visit on Saturday, it was so hard to leave him.. He cried too, but of course after he walked out of the room..

It snowed on Sunday morning!!! I was happy to see that!! and it didn't stop me from going and meeting Lisa!! She is the best!!! No one but us showed for the G2G, but it was ok, we had good food and good company!!! I wish we would have taken pics.. oh well there will be a next time..

I really enjoyed talking with you, Lisa!! I can't wait to meet those dogs of yours and that crazy roommate..

Thanks Ohio!

TeRe

rottn
12-21-2004, 07:12 PM
TeRe,
Girl, it was great meeting you too!!!! How could you forget about the fight in the turn lane. I had a blast and the food was great!! I better see you in March when you get back here, football season will be over and maybe we can synchronize visits and do the Golden Lamb!!

Phil in Paris
12-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Gosh !!! Party in Ohio and I'm not invited ???? :p

I'm glad you had such a great visit, and that you and Lisa had so much fun !!! :)

Phil

rottn
12-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Phil,
Whenever you feel the urge to come to Ohio, your more than welcome at my house!!!! We can paint the town whatever color you want to paint it!!!

MsChiku
12-21-2004, 08:38 PM
(((TeRe & Lisa))) I'm so happy you both met. I'm excited about planning the Summer G2G, it will be welcome to children;) And we will take plenty of Pictures. Remember, I'm taking notes ladies...I know how difficult it is to get folks to show up in our fickle weather. I'm looking forward to meeting as many as possible:thumbsup:

JJT
12-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Ahhhhhh TeRe...... I am glad you had a good time! Exploding lotion and lost luggage and forgotten pictures!!!

March is just a couple minutes away.......

JJT

JustApril
12-21-2004, 10:38 PM
TeRe,
Im glad that you had a good trip..I just called and you didnt answer your phone, so I am hoping that means you are busy picking up your luggage :-)
Talk to you soon!
Love,
April

ohiogirl
12-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Gosh !!! Party in Ohio and I'm not invited ???? :p
Phil, Are you sure you remember WHERE Ohio is? Remember Georgia=south; Ohio=north!:D

JennyMCa
12-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks for sharing your visit story. I'll be visiting my friend for the first time sometime this summer and was wondering what the visits are like.

I'm sorry to hear that your clothes got messed up before your visit. Isn't it always like that? You have something important and what you're wearing is therefore trashed. Sounds like everything turned out okay anyway though!

So I gather you can have photos taken what a long wait though! and you can play cards and talk and have something to eat or drink from the vending areas. Do they just sort of keep an eye on you or do they eavesdrop on the conversations too? I hope that they don't!

My friend is at Ross now and evidently the visits are from like 7:45 am till 2 pm so most of the day but being able to see my friend more than once while I'm there would be great!

Well have a wonderful Christmas!

MizzCandy
12-22-2004, 10:43 AM
WOW sounds like a visit to remember!!! Tere glad u had fun and had a great G2G with Lisa!!!

Hope too see all yall in April at the confrence!!

1nonlyTeRe
12-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone.. Yes my visits were great and I wasn't going to let anything *snow* on my parade.. lol

Jenny all the visits in Ohio are different.. I dunno what you're allowed to do in Ross, I'm sure someone will let you know.. I hope you have some great visits!!

Now if I could just get enough time off work to actually read around pto.. lol

Alynn528
12-25-2004, 11:56 AM
TeRe, I am glad that your visits went great! I am sorry I couldnt make it to the G2G forgive me :) Well I am finally over the flu, I just wished i gotten a flu shot and thank god Weston never got it. I promise ya I will meet ya soon...I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!