View Full Version : Can you get married in jail?? Texas State Jail

earthangel184
12-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Well my babys name is clayton and we were talking about marriage before all of this drama came up. He is still waiting in county jail, and will be there for another 2-6 before he catches a ride on the chain. We were talking about how we wanted to get married ASAP, but i dont know if you can get married while being in county jail. Does any one have any thing that might help??

~~thanks so much
~~~~~Angela

TNC
12-20-2004, 02:46 PM
It all depends on the jail. Some have been married in a county jail, but our county jail here in Idaho doenst allow it. The best thing for you to do is either call the jail and ask them or have your guy ask

C&NrMyLuvs
01-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't know about where you are at, but where I am you can get married in jail. My fiancee and I are in the process of getting married and he's in county jail. Have him talk to his CO's about putting in a request to get married. It may take a while because there is probably a waiting list. But yes you can get married in county jail. When he puts in the request they will give him the form to get a marriage certificate. He fills out his part and then he should send you the form so that you can fill out your part then you just take it to your county clerk's office.I hope that this information will help you.:D

JohnBrandi4life
01-22-2006, 02:22 PM
I don't know about jail...because here in Texas jail is only 2 years max. I know that i married my husband in prison, but you just need to call and ask the jail.~~~brandi

Jillian
01-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Here in texas they allow you to get married by proxy in county as well as the pennitentaries levels.. So they should allow the same for you in the state jail level.. wish you luck ..

jessnkat
01-22-2006, 04:42 PM
If he's in Texas - county, state jail, or prison - then it's by proxy only. None of them will allow a ceremony of any kind. You can find out from the county clerk what you need to do for a proxy wedding.

Best wishes to you!!