View Full Version : Boyfriend denied parole

Cynhoney
12-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Hi again, I wrote earlier that my boyfriend was up for parole. He was denied yesterday because he is in jail for hitting me. They don't want him to come home and live with me. He has completed 5 programs and has a positive attitude. He got his time reduced because of it, but the earliest release date is in may. What I need to find out is, once his time is done can they still stop him from coming home? I have tried to find the answer online and I don't know who to ask. Does anyone know? I have already read the mdoc and could find nothing. I am so depressed and I miss him so much. I feel that everyone has control of my life except me. Thanks for any input.

Ms.Heather
12-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Cyn.

I'm sorry that your boyfriend was denied parole. But, the bright side of it all is that he will be home in a few months...

I do not believe that once he has served out his full sentence that they can keep him from living with you. He is no longer in their 'care'. Its a different story when you are on parole... but when your time is done... its done.

Best wishes.

Heather

Wingy
12-11-2004, 12:43 PM
count the time in the number of weekends, it makes it so much shorter :)

Cynhoney
12-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi Guys, Thanks for making me feel upbeat about this. I just got back from seeing him. I can't even hug him. We both cried. He told me that it was his fault that he's in jail and he's sorry for what I'm going through, and he said he would never hit me again. I believe him. We both plan to continue counceling when he comes home. It's going to be a long lonely winter though. Good thing I have my love cat Moocher. He knows when I'm sad and he puts his paw on my face when I cry. It's like he's saying things will get better. He loves to sleep with me, but he takes up 2/3 of my queen size bed! LOL I sure will be counting the weekends! Good luck and Happy Holidays to all.
Cyn

shiva65
12-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Cyn.. again welcome to pto.. and well guess you have a home here for the long winter huh... sorry to hear about your boyfriends parole.. but i think yu both have the right idea to continue counseling good luck.. and keep posting!

D

Retired-10
12-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Count your blessings you're even able to VISIT him. Most "victims" of their crimes aren't able to visit. If he finishes his sentence without being on parole then he should be able to live with you. If he's out on parole, it's likely he won't be able to.