View Full Version : Tell me if this is odd????? (Using a Jailers Personal Phone)

lovenomore
12-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Hello all, This is a really little group we have here in the KY forum huh?
I have a question:

My EX is in a KY prison, I dont know which one. He has been calling me for the last couple days-I dont care about that- but the fact that I find weird is he is using the Jailers personal phone! Isn't that just a little odd? Do the usually allow this or is he doing something with her? I just read a thread about CO's having sex with inmates and that made me think... I dont care if he is... actually I would be glad! lol
The only reason I know this is I called the number back the first time and she answered! I just thought it was a wrong number till this morning when he called and it was the same number... He was in her office and she came in and got him after like 20 minutes... Well just wondered if anyone had heard of this... Oh yeah he said it was because he was working in the kitchen or something, so they were nice to them!

mrs_sandman
12-10-2004, 08:24 AM
It is quite possible, she/they are just being nice to him, when he is allowed to use her phone. I doubt very seriously, anything inappropriate is going on. It is no secret that there is favoritism everywhere, he could be on the "A" list for being a model prisoner. I don't know how the phone system works in KY, but in MO, it charges the inmate, not collect calls, for the receiver to pay. In anycase, he may not have any money in his account, or had a hunch ;) that you wouldn't accept his collect call. ~Also~ I know this from experience, if he still has feelings for you, and you don't have any at all for him, DO NOT communicate with him. They have more time than they need to think in prison, and the last thing you want is for him to think that there is hope for you two. He could interpret, you talking to him, as a sign, that you still feel something. He could also consider talking you to him, a means of emotional support. I highly recommend to nip it in the bud before he obesses over you, and thinks you have a future together when he gets out. Besides that, YOU want him to forget about you, you have no way of knowing, what kind of person he could be when he does get out. One more thing, if he asks to write him, I wouldn't do that either. It is quite possible that another inmate could get your address from the envelope. If you decide to, for whatever reason, make sure he tears off your address, and flushes it down the toilet. Still that is no guarantee a psycho might get it. ~Lots of love and luck~ :thumbsup:

Blessings ~ Mrs. Sandman

P.S. ~I don't mean to sound bossy, just want you to stay safe, and far from the trouble & misery he could cause you. You never know ~Better Be Safe Than Sorry~ :wave:

youhearme?
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I have an ex that actually ran off with the nurse in a local facility, she needless to say was let go from her job, and he eventually left her when he was finished using her. So i would say inappropiate behavior is a possiblity, but like you said don't sweat it....... and yes that does sound odd to me. Tricia

1dayatatime
04-25-2005, 05:03 AM
I find it strange, but I am no expert. Is it her cell phone or her office phone? I SUPPOSE she could be being nice, but for it to happen often? I dont know, just ask and see what his response is?

ONE

kris' pooh bear
04-25-2005, 05:37 PM
When my ex was in jail a long time ago, he was a "trustee" and got to get out of his cell and do extra things. Well, he would go into the jailer's office and use the phone. Whether they knew it or not, I don't know. At the time, we were together and I was glad he got to call any way that he could. Now, if he, or any inmate called me from the jailer's office or personal phone, I would be wondering why he got to use the phone too.

I have learned that while my ex was in jail and also since then, he was and still is a "confidential" informant. Whether this had anything to do with why he got to use the phone, I don't know.

You could always call the jail or prison to find out what's up. It's not normal that any inmate should have the privilege of getting to use the jailer's phone. If he gets to, then, the other prisoners will want to use the phone as well, and it could eventually cause trouble for both your ex and the jailer.

Anyway...hoped this helped.

Honeymooner
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
My husband's Case Manager lets him use his phone to call his attorneys. If the CM's in a generous mood, my hubby gets to sneak in a short call to me.

Honeymooner
04-25-2005, 06:22 PM
How long has your ex been at this prison? I just remembered that my hubby was allowed to use the counselor's phone for the first week or so, until they finally got him a PIN#.

ToAsTy
04-25-2005, 06:44 PM
While my hubby was in county he was allowed to use the personal phone, he said it was because they all knew me from when i went to see him a while ago, when i was in the US and they remembered that i lived in Australia. I called back the number and they told me that they would tell him to come back after they ate dinner and would get him to call me back, i had a few medical issues going on with my pregnancy so i guess that they were just being nice. This han't happened at all since he's gone to prison, so yeah i would be asking him what the deal is.