View Full Version : Jefferson City Correctional Center in Missouri The new "Walls"

genelle_ann
12-05-2004, 03:27 AM
for Jefferson City Correctional Center, there may need to be a few things you could add. I know from first hand that the water conditions there are either scalding hot, or they are ice cold. There is not just warm showers. Prisioners either have to take it or leave it. The electricity goes out at least once daily. They make it impossible for any one that is visiting with an inmate to have any priviacy. They even tell you that you can "hold hands" during visit, but you are not permited to lean over the table. They make you sit on one side, them the other. They will not let you sit side by side. They do not allow everyone the same right for relegious beliefs. They do what ever they can for the people that are coming to visit, like making them stand outside in the elements, when they could actually provide the people a seat in the main lobby. It is big enough for that. If you would like to know more, just ask. But some people really need to know what it is like there.

silksgal
01-07-2005, 09:44 AM
i have had my visitng suspended and i shall be going back next month....how is the visting room?

swtthang
01-16-2005, 02:06 PM
The visiting area is large and there is no privacy whatsoever. I have to visit my man behind the glass and it's located right there in front of everyone. I hate it. plus you can hardly hear, we don't use the phones, so most of my conversation is heard by just about everyone that is sitting behind me. I agree with everything that genelle ann stated. Now, I don't like the fact that they will not take that damn block and cuffs off my man while he is visiting and sitting behind that glass in a tight spot. My last two visits, the guards wouldn't let him relieve himself, if he did the visit would have been over. I thought that was fucked up. On the real! Plus he only gets 2 visits per month. It's a C-5 facility but WTF. He was not that confined at Southeast, at least his hands were free and he could go to the restroom if needed with no problems and he was in the hole there as well and i could visit him anytime. I don't understand that!!??? This 2x's per month thing is not right!

I don't have a list of all of JCCC's rules yet but i will get them and if anyone has a list please post them. Thanks.

Missin' my Man

bandit11369
01-17-2005, 02:30 AM
The "New Walls" is so not right. The guards do anything and everything to get a dude to snap. It is my understanding that the place is full to maxium capacity. So, in order to get new inmates in, they are putting people in the hole, so they can get that all mighty dollar. I wish that there was a couple of thousand people that would not mind protesting there in jeff city. If there was just 500 people, someone would have to listen to one of us, if not all of us....

Grettashouse
05-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Date and time for the protest and I'll be there. Two is certainly more than one so we can yell twice as loud.

Always Gretta

PS. From what I understand they are not at full capacity. My brother was transferred out of the old JCCC and may be one transferred back in the near future. At least this is what we were told when he was transferred in the first place and my last inquiry confirmed that those transferred prior to the closing to lessen the burden of the mass transfer would more than likely be transferred back to the new facility.

jamesandmal05
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
My fiance is at the walls and he says its better there than algoa. He has been going through some hard times with his sister dying and the cops were taunting him bad at algoa and he said that he had actually beat up a couple co's. (he has an anger problem) So that is one of the reasons why they sent him to a max 5 prison. Does anyone know what they can get there as in mail wise?(ex cards, colored pages, ect..)

justicewaiting
06-16-2005, 12:04 AM
My husband was there at the old walls and the move, he is now in Cameron but I never had any problems with cards, stickers, colored paper etc. they do follow the DOC rules regarding pictures, no nudes etc. Good luck.

jamesandmal05
06-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Thank you a bunch!

sunshine-jb
06-16-2005, 01:34 AM
My honey is going to be going to a C-5 soon and this stuff is scaring me a little. I have never had any kind of prision expierence and now I'm hoping he goes somewhere else besides jccc.

jamesandmal05
06-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Why would u want him to go somewhere besides JCCC?

sunshine-jb
06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
The eviornment sounds scary.Don't they all have bad things going on?:confused:. Is jccc the best one to go to?

jamesandmal05
06-16-2005, 01:50 AM
I dont know I would think so...but i know my baby likes it there so far.

justicewaiting
06-16-2005, 11:21 PM
JCCC isn't the best from what I understand Bonne Terre is the best but it sure isn't the worst. Remember doing time is like being a member of AA take it one day at a time. Its the only way to stay sane. Good Luck Hon.

QUOTE=sunshine-jb]The eviornment sounds scary.Don't they all have bad things going on?:confused:. Is jccc the best one to go to?[/QUOTE]

jamesandmal05
06-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Ya I relize that you have to take this one day at a time I just wish James knew this. He has been going crazy! But so have I. I miss him soooooooo much. But I know we can get through this.

Christy
06-17-2005, 04:41 PM
I would think that any C-5 sucks. Potosi does, Bonne Terre Does....

hannahlouise
10-07-2005, 04:39 AM
JCCC, they want to run it like "super max" which means 23 hrs out of 24 you are locked in your box gazing at the mind numbing tv...(unless you are fortunate enough to get one of the few jobs left at the camp) and you have to have your GED for that.......now there is no privacy in the visiting room and it depends on what CO's are running it that day as to how "picky" they want to be...yes the water is all screwed up, the medical is below substandard (my dog gets better care at the vet) sadly......there are some good co's who are there for the "right reasons" but there are an awful lot who are there yo get their miserable pathetic lives "looking better" (at least they are MORE than an offender)..........everything there is VERY arbitrary. if a man finds a humane CO and the offender is acting responsibly then it can be an easier stay but I have witnessed incredible neglect and abuse and just downright cruelty......one visiting day in the summer they would not let the women visit who wore open toed shoes. (to protect them from the men who have foot fetishes which is insane, there are men there that have raped woman should we not let womwn in then???? NOT)..yet the next visit it did not matter and of course no one bothered to let them know before driving all that way!!! YES the lobby is big enough for visitors to wait instead of having to endure the heat (bouncing off concrete or the terrible winds there in the winter) but you see it makes the lobby "noisey" and then they cannot hear on the phones....so ask the waiting visitors to please be as silent a spssible due to the phone fact but NO that would be too much like doing the next right thing.....off the top of my head these are a few of the things I know about JCCC.......

kadelmain
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
My father-in-law is at JCCC and he said that it does suck, but he has also been in Bonne Terre, Farmington, Algoa, at the old Walls, Potosi, Fulton, Fulton Reception & Diagnostic Center, Bowling Greene, and at Boonville. (Just to name a few.) When he heard that his son, my fiance, was supposed to be transfered from Franklin County to Bonne Terre, he highly suggested that he set up some sort of protection for my fiance before he got to Bonne Terre. All the stories I've heard about Bonne Terre have been pretty bad. And I heard they've got a bad mold problem. Also, he received a check that was a part of the money he was entitled to from when his dad died, and it gets sucked up really fast. Anyway, Bonne Terre is pretty bad, that's what the people I know who've been in there have said.

naturelover
02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
My friend just left Bonne Terre, he hated it there, talked about how rude people were there, and everytime I called I got the run around from them! never a straight answer!!