View Full Version : Boyfriend up for parole - Can he come home?

Cynhoney
12-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone! My boyfriend suffered a severe brain injury less than 2 years ago. Since then he has been having trouble controlling his anger. He is in jail because he hit me. He had been seeing a psychologist faithfully for months to try to deal with the trauma of what happened to him. And also his doctors were trying to get the right meds to control the mood swings and depression. He started having seizures a month before he was incarcerated and has had more since being in jail. I am so worried about him and need to get him back to Boston to his doctors. He has taken all of the anger management and domestic abuse courses, among others, and I believe he has gotten a lot out of it. He already talked to one person from the parole board and goes in front of three more next week. Do you think they will release him to me even though I'm the one he hit? He is such a sweet person and has no family and nowhere to go except with me. We have been living together for almost two years. I am so afraid they won't let him come home where he belongs.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cyn

Retired-10
12-04-2004, 03:28 PM
In many domestic violence cases the inmate is not allowed to go home and a no contact order remains in effect.

shiva65
12-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Welcome Cynhoney..
I have no clue.. on how the parole works here in MASS.. i know they do check out.. where he wants to go.. you should write a letter , or be in touch w/ the parole board or case worker of his.. to demonstrate your desire to have him HOME and that if you feel he is not a threat to you..etc... i am sure that is one way to start your process.
Good luck

D

Ms.Heather
12-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi Cyn Welcome to PTO!!!!

I agree with MLG78 on this one, I do not believe (tho, we could be wrong) that the parole board will let him parole to your home, if the reason why he was in jail in the first place was a domestic charge that involved you.

Contact the parole board, send a letter... let them know that you would like for him to parole home, explain to them the steps that you've taken to assure that it would never happen again. So on and so forth.

Good Luck!

Heather

Wingy
12-05-2004, 04:13 AM
arrange for counseling for the both of you, now, before he comes up for parole, so that after he gets out the counseling is pre arranged and maybe start counseling for yourself before he gets out and your counselor can write a letter!!! it cant hurt!!!

Cynhoney
12-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I did write a letter to the parole board saying that he was going to counceling and has said he wants to keep going when he gets out. I forgot to tell them I have been in counceling for 9 months and that we had started couples counceling before he went to jail. I'm going to write another letter right now. I'm saying my prayers.
Thank you again.
Cindy