View Full Version : Family Meeting w/DOC

IrishEyes
12-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Okay, y'all,... we really, really need you to show up in force on Dec. 10th. The DOC is reinstating the family meetings that have been on hold for a year. Comissioner Donald, other department heads, wardens, deputy wardens and such will all be available for a 'town hall' type meeting, followed by face to face contact with your loved one's wardens. This is crucial to keep the lines of communication open to the DOC, and to express our concerns, questions, etc... It is being hled in Milledgeville on Friday, Dec. 10th, and it is well worth the drive, and the day off of work should you need to take one.

The more family members they see there, the better off we'll all be, in having these type of meetings with officials. If you need more info, PM me and I'll help with any questions. Fairness 2 Families will also be holding a reception and meeting after we dismiss from the wardens...

Hope to see you all there!!

Kristie

richardney
12-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Everyone who can attend should do so if at all possible. This is an opportunity to meet with all the wardens and department heads including records and medical.

lilivoryangel
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Yes, you guys please try to attend. I have been pushing this a lot the past couple of weeks, probably to the point of annoying you but I hope we can al go in force and show our solidarity! (I even had signs announcing the meeting on my car at visitation this weekend!)

liljordan
12-08-2004, 05:14 PM
This is the first I've heard about this guess i missed this thread, but I'm very intrested I'm going to start working on a babysistter, oh yea its dads weekend, Is Milledgeville the same as Jackson?:thumbsup:

1dayatatime
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
No Milledgeville and Jackson are not the same.

ONE

Eternal Hope
12-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Well I was SUPPOSED to be married on Dec 10, 2004, but "something" came up...AGAIN
And I am just crushed.....Kristie please PM me asap, its urgent

IrishEyes
12-13-2004, 07:57 AM
UPDATE: The family meeting w/ the DOC went extremely well for me, personally, but the Comissioner's speech was pretty much the same ole thing. You'd pretty much expect that though.

Meeting with your particular warden is always a good thing, and many of the family that I spoke with were able to get some questions answered and came away feeling better about things. Please, please... plan on attending the next meeting, which should be sometime in Feb. I'm assuming. They'll be holding these meetings every quarter. It is completely worth taking a day off from work if you must, and I encourage everyone to come by the Fairness 2 Families meetings afterwards. There's more info at fairness2families@***********.com and I'll post more as the next meeting comes closer. The DOC MUST see our faces to truly start listening to our concerns!!