View Full Version : question about visiting form?

littlemamma
11-26-2004, 04:02 PM
on the part that says your relation to the inmate. it says friend,relative, or other. i am his fiance'. would i still mark friend or could i mark other and put fiance' next to other? :thumbsup:

littlemamma
11-26-2004, 05:20 PM
i have another question. i have a different address on my drivers than what my real address is. the address that is on my license is my old address. will i have to go out and get a new license or will they accept it. i need to know as soon as possible cause i am going to mail the visiting form back tomorrow. and does the current bill have to be a utility bill or can it be a doctors bill with my address on it.

Retired-10
11-26-2004, 05:26 PM
You're a "friend." Until you're married, you're a friend...then you become a relative. I think you're okay with the address situation as long as you moved fairly recently.

littlemamma
11-26-2004, 05:36 PM
the address is from last year. i will have to wait to mail this stuff back out and call the institution monday morning..

littlemamma
12-01-2004, 09:24 PM
well i called NCI and his case manager told me that the address on the license was ok to be different from the address on the application. he said that is why they ask for a bill with your name and address on it. so i mailed them back in monday, hopefully i will be approved soon. i am anxious to go and see him. i haven't seen him in over a month, so it will probably be a emotional visit cause i am really soft hearted. i will keep everybody posted.

Alynn528
12-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I hope you get approved soon :) I love first time contact visits..awww I miss my hubby now!

1nonlyTeRe
12-02-2004, 01:40 AM
A bill??? I never had to take in a bill with my address on it.. I was told that if the address I put on the app, didn't match the address on my license I had to get a new license.. but it matched anyways...

I have moved now, so I have to get a new license, then when I go up there in 2 weeks I have to show them my new license and let them know I moved.. I'm taking a bill just in case.. but I never had to take one in at the beginning

Alynn528
12-02-2004, 02:28 AM
I know when I had to fill out a visiting form when I was with my ex boyfriend I had to send in a bill or magizine that showed I lived there but I think its just because you are as a friend b.c I know when I visited him I was marked as being his friend. But I am not sure I know with my hubby I didn't have to send any bill in though but I just did my paper work at CRC went I went up to visit him when he was there, Good luck :)

1nonlyTeRe
12-02-2004, 02:30 AM
I was marked as a friend too.. and no bill... hmmm I guess that's another of my "I hate the Ohio DRC" things.. hahahaha..

Good Luck.. littlemamma!!!

Doc's Sis
12-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Question: HOW LONG does it take to get approved? I just found out that I can't send money or packages until I get approved! I guess the case mgr mailed forms to me a couple of days ago - and I need to know how long it will take to get approval once I send the completed form back to her. Are they as slow at doing this as they are at doing other things?? Please PM me about this so I have a general idea of what to expect. Thank you.

littlemamma
12-02-2004, 09:50 AM
i guess that is just the way noble correctional institution is. the application said that i had to send in two forms of id. one had be to a state issued drivers license or state issued id and a bill with your address on it for address verification. i am going to go and get a new license before i go and visit so i don't have any problems. i don't know exactly how long it takes to get approved. i just sent my form back in on the 29 so when i get approved i don't know. he is supposed to call me and let me know if i have been approved or not. from what i have seen on different threads it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to a couple months. depends on how slow they are. :thumbsup:

1nonlyTeRe
12-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Well I was approved in 2 weeks.. I had a friend of mine approved within a few days.. Her guy told his CM that he needed her on his list ASAP.. so he did it quicker... I guess it depends on the CM.. I've heard different stories from everyone on here.. Tell your guy to be a bug a boo and I'm sure you will get approved much quicker!!!!!

I can't wait for you to tell us all about your first visit!!!

littlemamma
12-02-2004, 12:22 PM
they put a block on my phone today so i don't know how i am going to find out if i have been approved for my visits or not. would it be ok if i call the institution? someone give me some advice.

1nonlyTeRe
12-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Nope they won't let you know if you call.. you just have to wait until he writes you!!!

littlemamma
12-02-2004, 12:26 PM
ok thank you doughsgurl. i apperciate the help.

1nonlyTeRe
12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Your welcome littlemamma, anytime!

Amandayoung418
12-02-2004, 12:43 PM
I wish I would have known those things! My boo was moved to PCI back in September or October....They asked me for a current bill, and I sent in a bank statement. I guess they will still approve you. I just sent him the first money order in two months....I hope he gets it, cause my boo is really doing without!!!!

1nonlyTeRe
12-02-2004, 12:45 PM
he'll get it.. don't worry.. I've never had problems with Dough getting my money orders!!! Brennansangel's guy is in PCI too... you guys have something in common.. hehehe

Alynn528
12-02-2004, 01:02 PM
TeRe thats what Brennan did with my parents they got approved the day the forms landed in B's CM hand. If he didn't tell his CM that he needed you on there ASAP then it will probably take a few weeks..and with the Holidays it might take longer..Good luck :)

littlemamma
12-02-2004, 01:48 PM
please don't say that. i am hoping to go and see him before christmas but if that don't happen i am willing to wait. it will just make that first visit that much more special.