View Full Version : Be Thankful...........

lilivoryangel
11-24-2004, 07:18 PM
I know many of you, liek me, will spend your Thanksgiving at one of Georgia's prisons. It will be a bittersweet visit. I will be glad to be with my husband but sad that we can't be at home celebrating in a "normal" holiday fashion. Instead of getting up early hitting the sales Friday, I will again be at visitation. This is my life............for now. I am just thankful that he is 1)healthy 2)he loves me 3)our kids are healthy 4) there is an end in sight.The light at the end of the tunnel keeps me trudging along through the holidays. I may even have the energy to put up a tree for the first time in four years. Yes, even WE have something t be thankful for this year. AT least our loved ones are alive and we are able to see them face to face or talk to them on the phone. Instead of being depressed tomorrow, I am beginning to pray tonight for peace and strength to be positive tomorrow and throughout the holidays this year. I hope you will all do the same. But when those old feelings do start to creep up on you, just rememeber YOU ARE NOT ALONE and their are others who understand and "feel your pain". I hope everyone has a safe holiday and feels the peace of God in the middle of whereever you are in this journey. God bless and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

LORNA
12-04-2004, 07:58 AM
What a wonderful post, and how true. There are soooooooooooooooooooo many things to be thankful for year-round.