View Full Version : +2 wks for mail @ DVI-Tracy?

waiting_4_daddy
11-21-2004, 05:21 AM
My boyfriend was transferred to DVI-Tracy last month. It took only a wk of him there b4 I received a letter. It's now been 2 wks since I mailed my response, which he has not received. :confused: When he was being transferred, he asked I not write the week prior. I continued writing; but didn't send them.

I sent him an envelope with 7 letters, each 3-5 pgs in length. In another envelope I sent 2 pics. In yet another envelope I sent stamps, paper, envelopes, & pens. The next day I sent more letters; including a postcard & a Hallmark card.

In 2 wks he's only received the pics. He wrote asking if I was too busy to write. It broke my heart. How could he think that? My poor baby!:cry: So I was wondering, does it take longer than 2 weeks to receive letters?

I did as one of you suggested & mailed off different items to see which he received 1st. But for him to only have received the pics?! You would think the postcard would make it there 1st! :shrug:

I would like to know your experiences with mail, particularly at DVI-Tracy. And thx for all your posts! Whenever I need any info, I go right to you guys. :help:

California Sunshine
11-21-2004, 01:49 PM
When my guy was at DVI the mail took a few weeks to get to him.He may have got the pics first because there wasn't as much to read/search in that envelope?
I think with the upcoming Holidays a lot of places are running slower then normal.I know Pelican Bay and Solano are kind of backed up on the mail right now from what I have heard......Sometimes the mail is fast other times slow :(

When the mail is slow and I want to get something to my boyfriend fast even if its just a I'm thinking of you I send him a postcard because those get in faster.You might want to try sending him one just to let him know yuo have been writing it is just taking awhile to get to him

Hang in there,I know it stinks when mail is slow!!

MissyDuran
11-22-2004, 05:29 PM
My baby just left reception there at DVI about 5 weeks ago, now at Avenal. And yes the mail was very slow there, he had some letters take almost 3 weeks to get to him. And I also got the letters from him asking if I had forgotten about him or if I was too busy to write. His would get to me within 2 days and I'd respond right away, but he wouldn't get my response til weeks later. Seems we were always in some sort of argument:( . Things calmed down when I started visiting and I'd tell him I was writing and he finally started checking the postmark on all my letters and I was writing 5-7 letters a week to him.
I know what you're going through. It's so frustrating, but what can we do? I hope they get better.
OH! and my baby received a package of paper, envelopes, stamps and pens just this last week that I had sent to DVI. I'm glad they forwarded them, but deng, that looong:eek: .

beeber
11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Yes.. Im sorry it does take about seven to fourteen days sometimes to get mail over there. My ex was there for a while. But what i used to do was send it over night or one day express.. And he would always get everything in four days.. you just have to let him know and hopefully he can ask somebody there and realize that it's not your fault. When your able to visit things will get better.. It's a horrible feeling to recieve a letter like that and you know your trying your hardiest to get him mail. EVerything will get better... Make sure you know all the mail laws up there cause it's even worse when something i sent back to you.. Good LUck

831cheecana
11-25-2004, 11:22 PM
My son's there and it took 30 days until he got my first letter I wrote him. He was purdy upset because nobody had wrote him, and I had sent him 6 letters already . . . . I felt so bad for him :confused:

waiting_4_daddy
11-26-2004, 12:24 AM
My baby finally received some letters! :yay: It's funny cuz he wrote me the day before that. He was saying how he hoped he was wrong, but it felt to him like I was abandoning him, now that he was far away. He was worried that I was changing my mind about waiting for him. The letter was so sad he had me crying! :cry: But then the next day he received some letters and knew I hadn't forgotten about him at all! He said he was sorry for trippin' and swore to never doubt my love again. :D On the 20th he recieved 5 letters, 1 card, 1 postcard, 1 envelope with stamps, and 1 envelope with pens. He said it was like Christmas! :clap: What makes me mad is that within 3 days I sent him 3 stationary packages. I sent the first 2 all together in 1 envelope, then I sent 1 all separate with everything in different envelopes. It was just to see which way was quicker. But they only gave him the pens and stamps....No envelopes or paper! :broken: I don't know! I just can't wait for our visits!

AdamsWife
02-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I am SO happy and excited! My husband just got a HUGE stack of letters from me - like 12 letters/5 postcards! FINALLY. He hadn't been getting any of my mail even though I was sending letters every day. DVI's mailroom is really THAT slow, it took 4 weeks! I was so worried for awhile that they were just being mean cuz he got the letters his dad had sent, but not mine! :angry:
Finally though, he got them! He is sooooo happy now. In his last letter to me he's like, "You DO love me!" :D Awww...my poor baby. How could he ever doubt?! :rolleyes:

briansbabydoll
10-13-2005, 03:06 PM
i am looking for an address to the Dvi in tracy as to where I am suspose to send my visiting application, i have called the number it did not giv e an address and i am at a loss can someone please help..As for the mail at dvi well my man has been there for 20 days and has only received like 2 post cards out of atleast 35 pieces of mail so i am hoping he get a big stack at once.

MzMartinez
10-13-2005, 05:43 PM
When I sent my appkication in I just sent it to the P.O Box 600 where I send his letters to. The mailroom extracts the appliction out of the envelope. That's how I did it. I know it's sucks the mail is taking long don't know why! But hang in there it usually takes about 3-4 days but lately it's been slow coming in and going out. Oh and just to let you know I sent an application for my cousin and her husband to go see my man @ Tracy back in June like the first week of June and 2 days ago it got approved it took long.

All4tag
11-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Wow! Its kinda scary to send mail there. By the time they do get all that mail, its old news. I am having that problem also, my guy has been there since 10/22 in reception, he has wrote me two letters, the one I recieved yesterday was asking me "where are all those letters? I am getting crap from bunkie, he can't give me no more paper stamps etc.." poor man. I have wrote atleast 1 letter everyday for the last two weeks, sent a stationary pack last Thursday, now all he has to do is get this. Can I send a another stationary pack? Or is that all he can get is one? When I was incarcerated I remember it taking 10-15 + days to get mail, it was so awful feeling like your abandoned. But the flip side is when they do get all your letters, cards, pics and such.... it makes you feel special, but before then I remember that feeling all to welll, I had forgotten alot of this stuff, but being here at PTO I am going to do my best to make someones stay not so lonely give my suppport. It is the greatest feeling to have support of a friend or loved one when you are inside.

denverswife
11-05-2005, 09:45 AM
You can send one every day, if you want. With the mail being what it is, I'd send smaller ones every day or two, until he gets his celly paid back and has a cushion.
Like 10 at a time. If you sent last Thursday, it could be another 3 weeks to get to him and he'll be behind by the time it gets there, see what I mean? I might do 40 or 50, 10 at a time, sending them every other day.

All4tag
11-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the great info /suggestion. I am going to do it immediatley!.

All4tag
11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
This is just to say thanks Denverswife for the awesome suggestion about mailing smaller letters. It worked because he's gotton 3 of the 5 stationary packs I sent him, I have been sending like 10 stamps, 1/2 of everything, evryday or evry other day. But Atleast he's getting something. He did get a couple of letters I wrote him. My gratitude and thanks again to you denverswife and also to PTO, you are the bomb PTO, and so are all you users too! Thanks a million!Well off to the post office!!

vgrantca
11-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi. I have been having problems with my mail being delivered to my friend in Gwing. I had a talk with Lieutenant Knight. I told him that I was sending everything certified with a tracking number. He said that mail is processed like legal mail. I am not sure when my friend gets the mail though. Also, can you please tell me what you guys include in your stationary packs? I want to send stuff exactly like how you guys are doing it as I have stuff being sent back. Thanks

All4tag
11-22-2005, 02:51 AM
In regards to the staionary pack, I have sent 6 packs, all of them have been recieved by my special guy, he says he's he's in stationary heaven.lol. I send a full one, which is 2 clear opens, 20 evnelopes, 50 pcs. lined paper, no metal on it, 20 stamps, put it in a manilla envelope, no metal clasp on it, send to his name cdc number, po box 600, etc, don't put his wing # dont add any special frills, no pics, no letter, just the stationary stuff. Mine have been getting in I mail on a monday, he gets the following Monday or 1 time he got on that Saturday. Now ask me about the letters he gets? Oh geez, there are several letters i wrote over 3 weeks going on 4, that haven't made it there yet. . But i get letters from him everyday all those take 2 days to get here, sometimes 1! Go figure. Good Luck.