View Full Version : Transfer from county jail to prison...

Kerah
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi, everyone! I have a question, and wanted to see if anyone had any advice. My boyfriend was picked up about a month ago for absconding parole, and he is now in the Outagamie County Jail. His P.O. told him he had to do 10 months, which is better than we were expecting. How long does it usually take to transfer someone from the county jail into a prison? Or with only 10 months to serve, is there a possibility they will just leave him in the county jail? I have never been through this before, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks! :D

KissyMissy74
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Actually I think the state of WI still holds some prisoners at the Outagamie County Jail, so I wonder if he's with them, or is he with the county inmates. They're separated from each other. Otherwise, if he's going to prison, he should start off at Dodge and move within a few weeks.
I guess it depends.

JAM29
11-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi, everyone! I have a question, and wanted to see if anyone had any advice. My boyfriend was picked up about a month ago for absconding parole, and he is now in the Outagamie County Jail. His P.O. told him he had to do 10 months, which is better than we were expecting. How long does it usually take to transfer someone from the county jail into a prison? Or with only 10 months to serve, is there a possibility they will just leave him in the county jail? I have never been through this before, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks! :D
what is absconding parole? the transporting from county to prison depends on many factors. its posible that hell stay in county with 10 months. i have experence as an ex inmate in 2 wi county jails. you can also pm me.

JAM29
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Actually I think the state of WI still holds some prisoners at the Outagamie County Jail, so I wonder if he's with them, or is he with the county inmates. They're separated from each other. Otherwise, if he's going to prison, he should start off at Dodge and move within a few weeks.
I guess it depends.
he could be with eiter one of them. if he does go to prison itll be to dodge and move after a couple of months.

mom new to this
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I think absconding means that he stopped reporting to his parole officer. If his PO said he has to serve a 10 month prison sentence I am pretty sure he will go to Dodge first and from there it all depends on how full the prisons are. From Dodge he could go to another county jail that holds people waiting for a opening in one of the institutions. Karen

Ken Zee
11-19-2004, 09:06 AM
I believe the state has a jail in downtown Milwaukee especially for parole violators who will be serving a short sentences.

Kerah
11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all your responses, he is still there at the county jail. He tried to mail his clothes home but they wont let him because they say he is on a P.O. hold. I am pregnant with his baby and due January 26th. We are hoping he will be out of the county jail, out of Dodge and into a prison by then, but starting to doubt that will happen. I live in Oklahoma and if I visit him in the county jail it will be a visit behind glass, and not for very long, and he says I couldnt come see him at all while he is at Dodge. I know it will be horrible for him to not be able to hold his newborn baby, its so sad. The only thing keeping a smile on his face is that his P.O. said he would work on getting his parole transferred to Oklahoma when he gets out. I pray that happens so he can be home with me and the baby. Anyway, everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

BillieJo
04-25-2005, 07:32 PM
I just PM'd u