View Full Version : My problem is not enough calories

TNC
11-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I have always known that you have to have a certain amount of calroies to lose. Its something that I always forget and seldom get enough of. I have been watching that reality show "the biggest loser" lately and have really payed attention to what the trainors have said about calorie intake.

It was last night that I realized I have the same peoblem as those girls on the show. I'm not getting enough calories so the calories that I do get my body is holding onto real tight.

I have never been a breakfast eater and I know that is a HUGE issue. I just cant eat when I first get up. Partly because I cant funtion when I get up, but partly because I'm just not hungry when I get up.

In order for me to eat breakfast or any other meal for that matter means I have to do exactly what we've always been told not to do. I have always been told dont eat for the sake of eating, but eat when your hungry. I feel that if I eat breakfast or lunch when I'm not hungry then I am doing the exact opposite of what I should be. For me to eat breakfast is like forcing myself.

How do you re-program your mind and body to eat meals that your so not used to eating

betrayed_4_life
11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
TNC
I will be very interested in the replies you get here too. I have been watching that same show and pretty much thinking the same things you are saying. I am NOT a morning person - I get up about 15 minutes before I have to leave - I don't have the time or the inclination to eat breakfast. I usually eat lunch and then I tend to "forget" (literally) to eat supper - even though I fix it for my kids every night. I am just not hungry. My honey has told me many times "Honey you HAVE to eat!" and I know in my head that my body is holding on to dear life to my fat because I don't eat and it thinks it is starving - but I just don't feel like eating. I NEED to make my body healthier for me - I NEED to find a way to make time for exercise! Everytime irisheyes66 says, "I gotta go get on the treadmill!" I think to myself, "me too" and don't! Ugh!! I guess at some point - us "non breakfast eaters" just have to make ourselves!! What a pain - lets just watch "The Swan" instead and apply to get all that free work done!! :thumbsup:

I"M KIDDING - no lectures please about quick fixes - I know - I know..... :haha:

JJT
11-17-2004, 01:32 PM
It is documented that the most important meal is breakfast, and to be eaten in the first 15 minutes of waking.

Right.

Like I can even think beyond a smoke, Dr Pepper, and the bathroom for the first 30 minutes of waking!!

I don't eat enough calories or even the right calories. Most of mine come from Dr Pepper, cheese and anything you can microwave and eat with one hand (hotpockets, burritos, etc.)

I wonder what would happen if I actually ate meals??!!!

JJT

Jasonslite
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
It's been a while since I have been on here, or at least on this forum. I too have fallen into the trap of "the biggest loser" and I also have noticed that the calorie thing is a BIG part of it. Since we all started this back in August?, I have lost 15lbs. I even lost 5lbs in the middle of water reteintion(sp) week. I was eating great, (even in the morning) and was not feeling the midnight munchies. I have been riding my exercise bike which is older than I am I believe but I enjoy it and can ride for an hour if not longer.
I was so happy but then towards the middle of October I had a guest that stayed longer than was suppose to and pretty much put me in a rut of not wanting to do anything. So now I am working on getting into this all over again. I have not been eating much these past two weeks (no groceries,no eat) and I can tell a big difference in it.
P.S A friend of mine, her doctor told her that if you are not a big breakfast eater that eating a piece of cheese (like string cheese) stays with you longer than even a bananna. So grab some on your way out the door and then grab a light snack before lunch.

mlle_keiko
11-17-2004, 02:47 PM
I've heard that when we skip a meal and we're not getting enough calories, our boddies think that we are starving and will slow down it's matabolism. If you're not a big breakfast eater, at least eat something...even if it's a peice of fruit or muffin. I've also heard the best thing for your body is to "graze"...to have a few small meals over the day...like 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals. Hope this helps? HUGS...Keiko

California Sunshine
11-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Not enough calories can absolutly get you stuck in a rut of not loosing (Been taking nutrition classes and this is one of the biggest diet blunders someone can make)

They say in class even if you don't normally eat breakfast to try and eat a mixture of foods (a carb and a protein, a fruit and a veggie etc.) even if it is small like fruit and small piece of cheese or a toast with peanut butter in the morning to get your day started off right

pitprincess
12-21-2004, 04:57 AM
I have never seen the show you all talk about.

I have the same problem with weight loss, I have lost it in the past but got pregnate and gained it plus more back, well that baby is now 11 years old and it wont go away.

I hate to eat in the mornings, I am not a snacker, I dont eat sweets like candy snack cakes or anything like that.

I most times eat once a day and thats not even alot.
I have tried going to the eating three times a day and two or three snacks and gained weight from it so I stopped.
I joined this program once called Curves, I started working out till someone got rude to me and I never went back.

I would like to find something to get a start on a new me for 2005, something that may make my husband see me better then the way he does now.
I feel like nothing that I say or do matters to him and it hasnt for many years. But my self esteem has been loss from his actions towards me.
I dont know if any of you have ever went through this but I would like to hear him say, hunny you look good tonight, or is that a new pair of shoes, or your hair looks nice. Something!! anything!!! I feel that this is lacking in my relationship and it has caused me not to care about my self anymore.
No matter how many times I fix my hair, or change clothing, Never on his own can he say one nice thing with out me having to bring it to his attention.

TNC
01-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Well I had my first appointment with a fitness trainer this week and sure enough she said what I already knew. I do need to start eating more calories and most importantly breakfast. I have always known this, but its hard for me. She said that between working out and getting more calories I should lose quite a bit.