View Full Version : 11/16/04 Georgia Check In!

Gemini4lif
11-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Hey everyone!

Just thought I would do a check-in to see how everyone is doing so far early in the week.

As for me, I finally have my flight arrangements set for next week. My son and I are leaving on Tuesday the 23rd at 12:40pm and arriving in Atlanta at 5:13pm. My father in law is picking us up and then we will be going to Griffin...I will be staying at my sister in law's house. We are going to Wheeler on Thanksgiving morning and then again on Saturday and Sunday. I leave to go back to Virginia on Tuesday the 30th. So I will be in Georgia for 7 glorious days and get to see my husband for 3 of them!

My husband is still having problems with his stomach, but hopefully the antibiotics he was prescribed will begin to take affect soon. He said the puss has stopped coming out and it looks really clean, so that is a good sign. I will just have to stay on top of them, so they will do what they are supposed to do with his care.

Other than that, just working and still unpacking the house and getting that in order. My home phone still hasnt been turned on yet, MCI has to send someone out to fix my line or something. Thank God I have a cell phone, or I would be going crazy right about now.

How is everyone else?

Patrice

strongernow
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone.... just checkin' in!

Things are pretty good here. Getting ready for the big Thanksgiving dinner at my house next week. I wallpapered the kitchen this past weekend and C got me a new cat! :) Nothing else exciting going, we are FINALLY done unpacking and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep.

Hope everyone else is doing good! :)

Patrice, I'm so glad to hear that your husband finally was given antibiotics and treated. I hope he gets better real soon! Let me know if you want to meet up Friday while you are down here, girl!

4everAlways
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Hello,

Things here are pretty good. My man's brother went to see him last Saturday. They haven't sat and talked to each other in over 8 years. He went back Sunday. I went with him. It was good to see them interacting. It was good to see them both smile. My man's been at Macon State now for almost a month and has gone about 3 or 4 months without a disciplinary write-up. I think I may start writing the parole board soon. He's been down nine years and he's served more than enough time for what he did. I just hope the board agrees. I'm ready for my man to come home. I'll probably spend most of Thanksgiving with his family anyway. Be blessed.

strongernow
11-16-2004, 11:22 AM
4everalways...

glad to hear about your man & his brother visiting. It's always good to hear of families reuniting or overcoming differences. Hope all goes well for your Thanksgiving with his family :)

Charliesgirl
11-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone~~
Most everything is good here. My brother got word that my nephew's Sgt. was killed over the weekend. That hit just a little to close to home. Kyle thought alot of him,so I imagine he is taking this hard. But since he is in battle,he cant think too much about it. I just wish that ALL of them could come home. Please keep them in your prayers. I talked with Charlie about coming down in the spring for the get together. He siad that would be fine, to come see the girls. BUT,he still doesnt want me to see him in prison. He said they treat them like dogs,and he doesnt want me to see him at his worse.I begged him, but he wont give in. Said he didnt put me on his visitors list. So I must abide by his wishes. He is under enough stress. Any others have their man feel this way?? So sorry girls, all my news sucks.Hope all of you are doing well.

strongernow
11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
My fiance always wanted me to see him whenever I could but he told me NEVER bring the kids, so I didn't. He didn't want them to know or see him like that. I can understand and empathize with that feeling as well as Charlie's feeling for you not to see him when he is down.

hang in there Pam!!!
(((((hugs)))))

Charliesgirl
11-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks PJ,you can always make me feel better.Im trying to understand,but I want to see him so bad. I will wait til he comes home tho.

Jennifer_04
11-18-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi, a little late check in for me. FINALLY, after 3 1/2 months I talked to my baby today!!!! WOW I can't believe I made it that long, thank God!! Other than that it's just been work, school and hanging out with friends. I'll be working most of thanksgiving........that's retail for you. Next Monday I'm supposed to finally meet his mom, kind of nervous about that.

Pam, Kurt kind of feels the same way as Charlie does with the visiting. Me and his mom were planning on going to visit a few months ago but he said to just wait untill it was time to pick him up.