View Full Version : 11/10/04 Georgia Check-In!

strongernow
11-10-2004, 10:23 AM
:) What is going on with everyone this week? :)

I've seen lots of good news (homecomings & TPMs) and some struggles that we are having to deal with. Hope everyone is doing well!

strongernow
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, we finalized the move last week. Flew into Milwaukee Thursday and drove him to Georgia. We left on Friday, well really Saturday, at 12:30 am. The drive started off with me almost hitting a deer and then followed by us almost running out of gas because the first 2 places we stopped had computer systems down. We survived the looooooooooong, uncomfortable ride, all 3 of us (me, my stepdad and my fiance) in the stupid Uhaul. We made it the whole way home, were getting off the exit ramp for the road that our house is off of, and the dang truck broke down!!!! Can you believe it??? We were sooooooooooooo mad! So we had to sit there for over an hour and wait on someone to come fix the truck only to drive 5 minutes down the road, if that, to get to our house. But we finally made it home, everything is unloaded and I have been busting my butt to get the house unpacked. The only room I have to finish unpacking/organizing is my son's room, so that is not too bad. I took yesterday off work to get a lot done. The house is looking great and I will post pictures this weekend! :)

Other than that, all is well. The kids are good, my fiance is good, and I am just tired, but good :)

Anyone that saw my last post regarding the G2G and is interested in coming for a holiday party on November 26, PM me :D

darkbluegirl
11-10-2004, 06:46 PM
I hear you girl, I survived the move from Mass in a UHaul, with my roommate, we weren't getting along, two dogs, a cat, three parrots and two cockatiels. One of my dogs died the first week I was here, so I can't say we all survived. I went to New York last wed. was freezing, the whole time I was there. I saw my baby in New Jersey, on Saturday, I left the prison at 3:30, and at six am I was back in Savannah. I saw a really cool meteor on 95, but no deer. Tonight I was in piggly wiggly and my man called and he's been told to pack out, so he'll be on his way to GA, in the next few days. I'm so relieved. This is the longest he's ever waited after he got a designation, so we were nervous. He'll be in Jesup and we'll be in the same state at the same time for the first time ever. I'm still freezing though! My landlady told me to call and have the pilot turned on, but the gas is shut off. I have money but bad credit and they wont turn it on. It's warmer outside than in here. I hope you get settled in quick. I can't say I've even unpacked everything, but I'm pretty close.

strongernow
11-11-2004, 11:26 AM
hey darbluegirl....
we have credit issues as well and there are several gas carriers in Georgia. You should try contacting a few different ones. They may require a deposit, but you have to have heat, girl! It is starting to cool down a good bit now. Call around!!! PM me if you want a list of providers.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog :( He is in heaven with my cat Logan that got hit by a car about 6 months ago.

Charliesgirl
11-11-2004, 02:48 PM
It is still freezing in NY. I am not ready for this.We had the 1st snowfall on Monday...3 inches. My car doors were frozen when I went out to go to work.And Charlie misses the snow????..go figure. Not much else new,same old stuff. Charlie is on outside work detail and he is so excited. So his security level has dropped.He was very happy about that. I love to hear him in a good mood. hope everyone is good.

strongernow
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Hey Pam :)
Glad to hear about Charlie's security level dropping, that is great! I bet the outside work detail has made a big difference for him, I know it did for C.

swtmel
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I am doing pretty great! Let's see what has been going on.... :yay:

Last week I registered for my last semester of college, five more classes to go and then off to Law School my booty goes. :bow: :bow: :ha: :yay: :yay: :dance:

Josh got put in the hole again. This time its for three months and that kinda sucks, doesn't it? I was a little peeved at first because he got in trouble for something that I told him NOT to do....he was in the hole this summer for the same exact thing. Men, sometimes they never listen... :nono: :nono: :rolleyes: :eek: :hmm: :no: :shake: :shrug:

On a positive note, I can now save some money from my phone bills. I really want to start to use PCO and I can now come up with the initial money to put down.

I am sitting here typing this suffering from strep throat :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :( I got 'diagnosed' on Tuesday and have been trying to take it easy. :faint: I have called in sick to work yesterday and for tomorrow. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: I have missed most of my classes, :sneeze: (excuse me) I went to one last night and one this morning just because I had a test. All I have been doing these last few days is playing here on PTO or sleeping..thats my life :) :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Every one of my friends have seen my ring from Josh and I have had about 50/50 reactions. Two of my friends are happy just because I am happy...other then that the other ones look at me like I am crazy. :nono: :angry: I really hate that.... :blah:

Other then that nothing new going on here LOL I live for PTO right now, so thanks to all you great people....you rock :rock: :rock:

Charliesgirl
11-12-2004, 05:37 PM
thanks PJ..yes he is feeling alot better. He called tonight and said it was raining too much today so they didnt go out.Ive noticed the differnece in him,its great.Hope you all have a great weekend..

1dayatatime
11-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Not much going on here. I am off this weekend its sooo cold outside so the boys and I are just hanging out inside! I am really missing J. I hate working full time at my job. Last night I was sitting my the phone waiting on J to call---the phone rang and they hung up on me---made me angry so I *69'd the call it was apparently him I never heard the recording and he never called back so I am in a panic wondering what happened. Anyways hope you all are doing good. Anyone in Ga got a approved list for Christmas care packages yet?

ONE