View Full Version : Tis

whisper248
11-09-2004, 05:30 AM
I am new to all this, and i keep hearing this thing about truth in sentencing what does all that mean? Does that mean that he has to serve the minumum without any chance of early release at all? Does this mean that he will not qualify for any early release programs? This is just the beginning for us, and it is making me crazy to think that he wont be out for 2 1/2 years. The judge was so harsh, and i had heard that he would be, he went up against the hardest judge in the county, even the lawyer said he was disappointed in the decission. I know it cant be changed now, but I am still praying that he doesnt have to stay the full time. Any insite would be welcome.
Whisper248

AmyLynn
11-09-2004, 08:25 AM
The truth in sentencing law is that they inmate must serve at least the min on their sentence befor they can go up for parole. I'm not sure about the other questions that you are asking.

mrsdragoness
11-09-2004, 09:57 AM
We have several threads addressing TIS in our MDOC- What you need to know sub forum. This link will help you with some information... it provides more links for TIS, etc.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33647&highlight=tis

jayzlove
11-09-2004, 06:42 PM
248Whisper...I know 2 1/2 years is seeming like forever to you, but it won't be. And having PTO will help you get through. As they say, what doesn't break you will make you stronger -- not just you, but your relationship, too.

One day at a time is all anyone can do. I hope you find peace in this difficult situation.

whisper248
11-09-2004, 07:45 PM
We have several threads addressing TIS in our MDOC- What you need to know sub forum. This link will help you with some information... it provides more links for TIS, etc.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33647&highlight=tis
Thank you this information was helpful

whisper248
11-09-2004, 07:46 PM
It is for sure difficult, but is already making us stronger. I just continue to pray for strength and guidance. TY

248Whisper...I know 2 1/2 years is seeming like forever to you, but it won't be. And having PTO will help you get through. As they say, what doesn't break you will make you stronger -- not just you, but your relationship, too.

One day at a time is all anyone can do. I hope you find peace in this difficult situation.