View Full Version : Lieber Correctional Institution (Level 3)

Kahlan
11-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Lieber Correctional Institution(Level 3)
Stan Burtt, Warden
136 Wilborn Avenue
P.O. Box 205
Ridgeville, SC 29472
843-875-3332 or 803-896-3700

Web page:
http://www.doc.sc.gov/InstitutionPages/Lieber.htm

Jami Nealy
06-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Jamie Again, This Is The Institution Where My Lil Bro Is Serving Life, Any Members In This Area To Chat With ?
Thanks For All Your Help :)

BuTTaFLyy
06-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Jamie, I am in the area, Lieber is actually about ten minutes from where i live,Gladdad has a son there, you may want to contact him if you have any specific questions, he will be glad to help u any way he can

Marchio1948
09-14-2005, 07:28 PM
My son was just transfered to Lieber yesterday.He got 29 years,he may have to serve 6 to 10.Could you tell me something about it.I also live in Columbia ,SC

Empathy360
09-18-2005, 09:34 PM
My fiance is in liebar, he's in for armed robbery he's served about 4 and 1/2 years and has about about 3 and 1/2 left. After the past 4 years these next 3 will go by fast. It has been really hard, the hardest thing either one of us has ever had to deal with. We are concerned about his future, he wants to go to school but I can't find any information on grants or any oppertunites our state provides for newly released inmates. Does anyone have any information?

Marchio1948
10-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Went to see my son in Ridgeville,SC We had a nice visit.It was the first contact visit since last Aug.
Lieber is a pretty good size place.It is clean,better than County that he was in.
My son seemed to be in good spirits,although he doesn't understand why he got so much time.
There were some others that were in for the same thing and got 3 to 5,
Just thought I would bring some of you up to date on whats going on,you all have been so very kind.
Thank you so much

Kahlan
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm glad that you had a good visit. The time served never seems to make sense. What was the visitation room like? What could you do or not do there?

Marchio1948
11-01-2005, 07:29 PM
The room was a pretty good size.They have a lot of tables in there that seat a family of 4.You can only bring in 10.00 a peace per person in quarters.They have a lot of food machines ,drink machine,microwaves
Your visits are every other weekend,Sat. and Sun.8:30 to 12 and 1:00 to 3.
Cloths of coarse have to show nothing,one person was turned around because shorts were too short.!
They have 1 check while you are there and you can't leave until it is over.
I was just glad to be able to finally hug my son.

Marchio1948
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Would like to know if there are others who have loved ones at Lieber?
Maybe we can keep in touch and let each other know what is going on there?
I go every other Sat. from 1 to 5.
Maybe I could get some information for someone or anwser questions.What do you think?

Marchio1948
12-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Hello is there anyone who has someone in Leiber Inst.that would like to exchange info. or help each other out.Maybe send cards.
Will help anyone who has a loved one near me in Columbia,SC

jellybelly
01-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Hello is there anyone who has someone in Leiber Inst.that would like to exchange info. or help each other out.Maybe send cards.

I don't live in your area, but I do have a loved one in Lieber.. he's been in for about 10years now- only 29 years old. How old is your son?

Marchio1948
01-25-2006, 07:41 PM
My son is 33

Narasan
01-30-2006, 08:24 AM

Hi, just joined today, wish I have known about this area a long time ago. I live in Charleston, SC. My son is in Lieber. He will be 25 on 'groundhogs day" Feb 2.

Marchio, contact me by email or yahoo msg. I can give you my number and maybe on a weekend or something we could get together since I am only about 2 hours from Columbia.

I haven't seen my son is sometime now, since he was a "badboy" and they took away his visiting and phonecalls. he can't even buy things from the "store"!!! Its driving me nuts. :(

Kahlan
02-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Welcome, Narasan! I'm glad that you've found us. We have lots of moms here who can relate to what you are going through. I'm sorry that you are not able to visit your son. Does he write and let you know how he's doing?

Narasan
02-04-2006, 03:03 PM
:) Thanks Kahlan for the warm welcome. He used to call me, where one of the other guys there would do the dialing and "talking" if you know what I mean. As for writting, sometimes when he is able to "buy" the stuff from the other guys there. since he got in trouble in jail, they took away eveything from him. He is only allow to buy items that he needs to clean himself with. He can't buy envelopes, pencils, paper, candy, soda and so on. He can ask another guy to buy that stuff for him and what we do is send extra money for him to repay them. Guess he hasn't been able to buy any of it for about a month now.

Thursday was his 25th birthday, I hope he got our cards before it. I do send him books. I use Barnes & Noble online and they send them out to him. He works in the library so when he done with the books we send, he donates them to the prison library. We try to send him books at least once a month. But having sent any since Christmas.

I've been trying to get a hold of the Chaplan there since Oct. My father died and wanted to have the Chaplan tell my son. Since I could never get a hold of him, we were luckly that he (my son) called us and I was able to tell him over the phone. I hated the idea of telling him that way. One of my brothers took pictures and video taped it so as soon as I get a copy of all that (brother is in middle of moving to another state) I wanted to send it to the Chaplan and hope that he will let my son view it so that my son will have closer. My son and father were pretty close, I know he needs this as much as we needed it. Now his grandmother is in a nursing home with advance stages of Alzheimer. Two weeks after she went in is when my father died. She don't even know he has passed away. I see no reason to tell her, as she will feel that pain over and over again. This is her secord husband that she has lost due to death. My bio father passed away 3 weeks before my 10th birthday.
I better stop writting now, I could go on. Got no support for my "pain" in real life.

Nar

kekeinga
04-05-2006, 02:27 AM
My fiance is in liebar, he's in for armed robbery he's served about 4 and 1/2 years and has about about 3 and 1/2 left. After the past 4 years these next 3 will go by fast. It has been really hard, the hardest thing either one of us has ever had to deal with. We are concerned about his future, he wants to go to school but I can't find any information on grants or any oppertunites our state provides for newly released inmates. Does anyone have any information? hey i was wondering if you could help me out. my fiancee just went to lieber and hes in there for armed robbery also. he hasnt gotten visitation yet bet they gave him 25 years and its a violent crime does anyone know about how long he will have to do?

SCDC Mom
04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
25 years violent at 85% would be just over 21 years or about 21 years and 3 months.

Barb

kekeinga
04-05-2006, 04:09 PM
hi my fiancee just got sent to lieber for armed robbery second offense. i havent been able to go see him yet his visitation doesnt start until may. i couldnt believe they found him guilty. he took it to jury trial and lost. they had no evidence and i know he didnt do it because he was with me at the accused time but since he had a prior offense for the same thing and was out on parole they found him guilty. i dont know how to feel about the system anymore. we were 2 weeks away from getting married and the police the people who are supposed to help people are ruining my life. please all support is greatly apprciated.
thank you
keke

Marchio1948
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Some of you who me and know my son is in Lieber,knows I don't complain a lot,but I am boiling right now over the person who handles supplies at Liebers canteen.
My son has been there almost 2 years and every time I go see him ,they are always out of everything.Some of the machines will take your money and there are certain guards who don't want to be bothered.
My second complaint is my son was in a bad accident several years back and had all his top teeth knocked out so he had to have a false plate put in.For the last 7 WEEKS,he has not been able to get Fixodent.He has told them on several ocassions to please order some as he is very consious of his apperance.Well they oder it last week,by time he got to go to the canteen,that very week that it was oder,they had none.He is very embarrased as I said he takes great care in how he looks.I guess to some of you it is not such a big deal,but when you can't eat and don't want to see anyone it is a big deal.
Also everytime I send money they are taking some out,I have asked,son has asked,but no one knows nothing.
I am so mad,our love ones in the system are paying there dues,must they have to be deprived of medical,and health issues.
Sorry for the venting,just to get it out.

devotion
07-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I want to no if there are anyone on this forum that has anyone in Leiber County Prison.

Devotion

hawksgirl
07-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Yes, my boyfriend just got transferred to Lieber so I really don't have any information about for you but if you have some you would like to share I would appreciate it. I just wanna know what it is like and what to expect from the co's and facility in a whole. Thanks

devotion
07-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi, I have a son that's been lock up in Lieber for about 3 years and I must say this facility have not been easy on him. The guards here are not to friendly not all but most of them. So it is best to stay out of trouble and keep your nose clean. Their has been a lot of stabbing here. The visiting time I don't like. Because you have to sit at a table with a number on it and their are assign seat for the inmates. But I guess this place is what you make out of it.

pepsisdad
08-02-2006, 01:18 AM
i just found out a friend of mine is in leiber in sc what is the mailing address to send him a letter ???

innie
08-02-2006, 10:03 AM
i have a friend there,also son use to be there
lieber correctional
p.o. box 205
ridgeville, s.c. 29472

devotion
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi this is devotion, and that is the correct address but you also have to add beside the person's name that you are sending the mail too his SCDC number and the unit he is in.

Kahlan
08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
You can find his SCDC number from the Inmate Search on the SCDC web site. The link is here: https://sword.doc.state.sc.us/incarceratedInmateSearch/index.jsp

The mail will get to him faster if you have his unit number. You can call Lieber and ask for it (843-875-3332) or send it without it - it will get to him but may be delayed.

Marchio1948
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Devotion,my son is in Lieber,he has been there for 2 years.I live about 2 in a half hours from there.I get to see him every other weekend.I will be seeing him tomr.

What I dislike about visiting hours is,we are all there early to see our loved ones and it takes them froever to lets us in.Sometimes they only have one female at the door.

I have no complaints as of yet about the place.My son pretty much tries to keep to himself and his friends.They play ball and keep busy.

The guards are ok,you have you your good ones and a-- holes.When I go in I try to be nice to all of them just to make it easier on me.Sometimes I want to kick butt,especailly when one looks down there nose at you.

If you ever need to talk or need to know something{any of you who loved ones are there}let me know,you may PM me.

hmmarshall
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Ray just got moved to Lieber yesterday! I'm glad for this!! He's closer to me now!!! Yeah!!!!

devina
12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
my best friend was just moved to lieber. after reading some of the posts here about the place i almost wished he had gotten to go somewhere besides there. he's still close to his mom but now he's 3 hrs away from me. i'm still waiting to find out if i'm approved for visitation. theres alot of hurry up and wait when it comes to the prison system i have found out. hopefully will know soon all i can do is wait.

hmmarshall
01-06-2007, 10:39 PM
does anyone with family at Lieber have anyone in the Edisto building?

devina
01-07-2007, 01:29 PM
does anyone with family at Lieber have anyone in the Edisto building?
my friend is in stono at leiber

Marchio1948
01-31-2007, 08:11 AM
I went for my visit with my son last Sat.,what a mass of confusion.As we all sat out there waiting to go in,the guard comes out and proceeds to tell us all that all the machines in the canteen has changed.She wanted to know if we knew,HUH!,I could we know anything.We are all there with our ususal monies and she said the machine will only take 1 dollar bills and quarters.Also the prices have all gone up.When we got up there,there was nothing in the machines,and I mean nothing but candy and chips.
I don't know about you all but I don't eat just so I can enjoy a somewhat meal with my son.Everyone there were so upset,along with our loved ones.
If they are going to raise the prices they should let us bring more money in and they should have food there for us all.
Also I complained about the one bathroom for all,I told them we women were sick of going in the bathrooms with urine all over the seats from men.Naturally no response.
Thank you for letting me vent.
Dianne:angry:

donutandpickle
02-14-2007, 11:09 AM
I went for my visit with my son last Sat.,what a mass of confusion.As we all sat out there waiting to go in,the guard comes out and proceeds to tell us all that all the machines in the canteen has changed.She wanted to know if we knew,HUH!,I could we know anything.We are all there with our ususal monies and she said the machine will only take 1 dollar bills and quarters.Also the prices have all gone up.When we got up there,there was nothing in the machines,and I mean nothing but candy and chips.
I don't know about you all but I don't eat just so I can enjoy a somewhat meal with my son.Everyone there were so upset,along with our loved ones.
If they are going to raise the prices they should let us bring more money in and they should have food there for us all.
Also I complained about the one bathroom for all,I told them we women were sick of going in the bathrooms with urine all over the seats from men.Naturally no response.
Thank you for letting me vent.
Dianne:angry:
THANK YOU IF THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE PRICES YOU ARE SO RIGHT THEY NEED TO ALLOW MORE MONEY!!!! Where my honey is this same thing happened. One week the machines were talking 1s and 5s. The next week NO ONE TOLD US the machines only took 1s. Alot of people went in there with 5s they couldn't use. Luckily i had enough 1s and quarters so i could still buy stuff. I can't wait til my honey comes home and we never have to deal with this sorry system:blah: again. How do some of those people sleep at night?

Marchio1948
02-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Hello all,today was a good visit with my son.They had a cook-out today with a few choices for the guys to pick.It was good.
The food machines at last, had food in them!Everyone seemed pleased with that.
Bathrooms?Still no change.Have to share with everyone.
Just thought I would check in.

speckles
03-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Do you know anything about the section for elderly with lots of needs. My dad ps blind in one eye and going fast in the other? we sent a list of meds he needs to take, will they give it to him?

Marchio1948
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't know anything about the dorms for the elderly,but I would think he would receive his medication.

hmmarshall
04-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I want to no if there are anyone on this forum that has anyone in Leiber County Prison.

Devotion
Lieber county? do you mean leiber correction institution? I have a loved one there! My fiance! Ray Marshall

barky586
04-02-2007, 04:09 AM
speckles, my son-in-law has cadaver (sp?) (in other words, donated human) valves in his heart. He was actual comotose for three weeks and his family was told he was going to die when he was 17. (He is 23 now.) He is an honest to God living miracle. One day he simply "woke up" from his coma. He is required to have echo-cardiagrams every year to monitor his heart. Do you know that SCDC has taken him to a cardiologist every year to have these done? Now that took a little doing, but once they realized the seriousness of his condition, they took care of him. I give them credit. What *I* did to help with this is mailed a certified letter to the Nursing Director at R&E. I mailed a copy of his medical records, along with a detailed cover letter telling them what has happened and also I printed off the Internet details of his rarely performed (MUSC did this) type of heart procedure he had. So yes, it is possible to get medical treatment if you go about it the right way: curteously, contacting the right person and detailed. I was advised by the Medical Director's office who to write to. You might start there - by calling the Medical Director's office. Treat everyone you speak with with respect and get their names. I do know also that they have medical wards (my son-in-law isn't in one nor does he need to be). For instance, Broad River, I believe, has a section for AIDS patients. I know of two ladies on this board who have guys in wheelchairs and they are at Evans.

speckles
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, I mean Leiber Correctional.Will you ask Ray if he knows anything about the medical section. Our lawyer put in a request for Leiber, so Im not sure if Kirkland is waitng for an opening or just overcrowding everywhere. So my dad sits and waits. He hasa only called twice. on Tueday for 10 minutes. Why is that?

devina
04-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes, I mean Leiber Correctional.Will you ask Ray if he knows anything about the medical section. Our lawyer put in a request for Leiber, so Im not sure if Kirkland is waitng for an opening or just overcrowding everywhere. So my dad sits and waits. He hasa only called twice. on Tueday for 10 minutes. Why is that?

i'm not sure about the medical section but i do know its one of the very few 24 hr real medicale facilities located there. my boyfriend is there.

speckles
04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks Devina, hope you have a good Easter! my dad is still at R&E 40 days now.

arlo
04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
you are allowed to take $5s and $1s but only the far left vending machine will take the $5 bills. it will give you change back. there is no change machine per se in there. so technically you are better off taking $15 in ones and/or change. just wanted to put that out there.

as someone else stated, they periodically offer food for purchase that they make there (hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken wings, chili fries, etc). i think this is a wonderful thing that the staff does to bring in something different for the inmates and their families during visit. the combination plates cost up to $6 each and come with say, 8 chicken wings (hot or crispy), french fries, and a drink. you pay for these tickets as you enter the facility and present the tickets once you're in the visitation room. once they had a fish fry there and it wasn't too shabby. :)

now for legal stuff...

would anyone with loved ones at lieber please ask them if there is a notice posted stating what the dress code is for them for visitation? i would appreciate it. currently the only one i know about is in the "shakedown" room. so if the inmates violate the dresscode, they only know about it when they are being strip seached for visit and then it's too late for them to do anything about it. visitation will be denied. if they do not have this notice posted in an accessible place or if they have not made the inmates aware of the policy, i would kindly like to know about it for follow up purposes.

i completely understand that violating policies or rules has its repercussions and that is how it should be. but violating rules/policies that are not make accessible to prisoners is a completely different ballgame and should be corrrected as such.

thanks in advance!

Marchio1948
08-10-2007, 11:52 PM
I do a lot of sending cards for our PTO XMAS and Birthdays.
I think it would be nice if we would send cards to each others loved ones who were in Leiber.
What do you think?

Marchio1948
08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Went to see son today.It was a good visit.
We did get locked down for an extra 30 mins. because someone miss counted.
It was after 8 when we got home.
It looks like the sky is about to fall in.
Got to go!!

jamacianredhair
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
A very very good friend of mine is in Lieber. He recieved life in prison without the possablility of parole.... this scares and confuses me. Does life without parole mean just that? Ive been googlin' alot trying to find out more info but all im getting is a headache. One site said he'll serve 25yrs another said he will die in there. i love him and miss him so much its driving me crazy. If anyone has any idea about this please let me know!!!
:(

barky586
02-07-2008, 04:44 AM
jamacianredhair, Life without the possibility of parole is just that. He could file a PCR (Post Conviction Relief) - he really doesn't have much to lose. 25 years vs. life are very different - especially if your guy is fairly young. Did you check here:

https://sword.doc.state.sc.us/incarceratedInmateSearch/

That is the official SCDC site and I would go by what it says.

twinsand1
02-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi, I have a question, Has anyone been to Lieber for a visit? I want to know the good the bad and the ugly..

Also, will the cash key from Kirkland work there? We were told at Kirkland that it would work and then when I called Lieber they said it wouldn't work.. Just trying to have all my ducks in a row before weekend..

Thanks alot
twinsand1:angry: :banghead:

HardHeadedWoman
02-22-2008, 12:25 AM
No the paykey will not work at all facilities!!!! the visits are pretty much the same as any. I never had a problem when visiting there.

its been awhile since I visited so unless they have changed since then they also have dinners there every so often that you can pay for when you check in.

You have to ask for the key if you need to use the restroom and they have a table of games and cards you can check out.

krissmalls1
02-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi
I've never had a visit to Lieber but about two yrs ago (2006) my brothers parole hearing was there (he was actually an inmate at McDougald). When we arrived there since its a max security prison, the drug dogs had to sniff our cars before we could park and going in it was like any other prison going through the metal detectors and showing id's. I'm not sure if the dogs are normal but people in front of us were acting as if it was normal protocol.

nikileigh
02-22-2008, 08:55 PM
i have a cousin (by marriage) there and i havent visited there yet but trying to get my husband transferred there now...my aunt went last weekend and they had a fish fry i believe, she said it was great and they really enjoyed their visit...i dont know about the key thing, she told me i would have to get one but she also didnt visit him yet when she told me that- if i find out i will let you know...maybe you should check the SC prison forums and look in the leiber one and see if there has been any news about it, i get all my info in the kirkland forum, so maybe the leiber one will help. i'll keep ya posted if i hear anything! good luck!

HardHeadedWoman
02-24-2008, 03:14 AM
the fish is good!!! i always order him two plates hen its the fish lol

Marchio1948
02-25-2008, 08:49 PM
My son was there for almost 3 yr.
He never had any problems,untill recently,but it was his fault.
The co's are pretty friendly.
He s at Lee now,I haven't seen him in awhil,he is in lockdown.

twinsand1
03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
:angry: Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a loved one at Lieber in dorm Edisto A? I have only posted a couple of times. I do read all of the post I am so angry!! They have been on lock down since Tuesday night, I called today because my husband is suppose to have a visit this weekend and they said , nope no visit.. :( We only get every other weekend and we have only had 1 weekend since he has been there.. I guess I just needed to vent.. Some guy fell out of the ceiling.. Dumb A!! Does anyone know how long they normally stay locked down when this happens?? Thanks alot!!
twinsand1:angry:

inmatemama
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
How did he fall "out of the ceiling"? Was he working in it, or trying to escape? Strange....

twinsand1
03-07-2008, 03:21 PM
my understanding was they had something hide in the ceiling (I think he was making wine).. My hubby is a level 1 and doesn't belong at Lieber so I guess it is just frustrating that he is at a level 3 prison.. They say it is because of a medical hold.. He was on colestoral (sp) med.. but since being there 3 weeks is not on it.. :confused: I don't know who to call about all of this..I would like some advice if anyone has any.. Not many to knock anyone but by no means does he belong with violent offenders..Thanks so much!!

barky586
03-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Contact the Medical Director's office yourself for advice. I remember when my son-in-law got off some medication he had been on, he (I think) had to go down to Sick Call, talk with them, and sign some paperwork to get his medical hold off.

ANNAMARIA
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, I found out today that my brother was transfered to Leiber today. I still have not to spoke with since he went to Kirkland. I put Embarq on the phone last week. He wrote and said he was having problems with his PIN but ordered a new one. I cant wait for him to call. It's kinda like I sit and wait on it scared I will miss it. Any how I was wondering when he was transfered will he be in general population or on lockdown at first. how long is it before they are allowed to call? Do they only get a certain amt of letters to mail out each month as in Kirkland? Does anyone here have any info on Leiber that may help me?

barky586
06-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I cannot imagine that he would be on anything but general population. He can mail out as many letters as he has time to write. He can call as soon as his pin is approved. Not to worry, if he misses you, he can call back. As long as you don't connect, there is no charge. What my daughter and son-in-law do is have a time range each day that he will call. If he calls during any other time of day, she knows that he either needs to talk to her because he is having a bad day or something isn't going right for him and he needs to make her/his family (us) aware of it (like if he needs advice or other assistance). If he knows she is having a doctor's appointment (she has a medical condition), he will call right after it to learn what the doctor told her. If he misses her, he is a persistent little devil and will keep trying until he does reach her. If she is unsure what time she will be home, as an example she will tell him to start trying to reach her at 6 (and he will just keep trying until she gets home). You and your brother will work out a system also. :)

prisonreform22
12-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I have read the Lieber thread, but I have someone who was just transfered to the Cooper dorm at Lieber. Any info on this dorm or any recent updates on Lieber in general would be helpful. Thanks!

dawn04161975
12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, I found out today that my brother was transfered to Leiber today. I still have not to spoke with since he went to Kirkland. I put Embarq on the phone last week. He wrote and said he was having problems with his PIN but ordered a new one. I cant wait for him to call. It's kinda like I sit and wait on it scared I will miss it. Any how I was wondering when he was transfered will he be in general population or on lockdown at first. how long is it before they are allowed to call? Do they only get a certain amt of letters to mail out each month as in Kirkland? Does anyone here have any info on Leiber that may help me?

I have a guy that I used to talk to 6 years ago who is in Lieber now & I just found his address so I can write him again.Since the last time we talked,my son & Husband were killed in a car wreck on Dec.26,2002 & He has no idea of this happening.I just called the prison & got his unit # to send him a card & letter,in which I'm telling him about my son.My husband & I were seperated at the time so please don't think I'm awful!I was wondering how you get Embarq on your phone so that he can call me. I have phone service through Charter( the cable company).Thanks to everyone for all your help! All my Love & God Bless!
Dawn xoxo:)

barky586
12-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi, Dawn and welcome to the forum! Bless your sweet heart. I cannot imagine -- with what you have went through, you can almost withstand anything now.

You can actually write him just using his name AND SCDC NUMBER (let me know if you don't know how to look this up) to the Lieber address. Then, note the return address when he writes you back and be sure to use that unit/housing information from then on.

He will need to mail you a visitation form and a phone form. Fill them out right away and get them sent in. I would keep a copy in case you need to follow-up.

Feel free to ask us anything. Many of us have "been there/done that" so hopefully we can help. Take care.

mamas babies15
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
hi my son just went to leiber and i have not yet spoken to him i am trying to get in contact withhim i want to write him but they say i need to know where he is in the prison i don't know how to find out he is serving 12 years i j am the only one he has please help me get in contact with my son who to call? where to write? anything is of help thanks mamas babies15

arlo
01-16-2010, 05:43 AM
hi my son just went to leiber and i have not yet spoken to him i am trying to get in contact withhim i want to write him but they say i need to know where he is in the prison i don't know how to find out he is serving 12 years i j am the only one he has please help me get in contact with my son who to call? where to write? anything is of help thanks mamas babies15

first of all, the address for lieber is:

(your son's name, #xxxxxx)
Lieber Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 205
Ridgeville, SC 29472

you can call one of the following numbers and ask them for your son's mailing address:

(843) 875-3332 or
(803) 896-3700

hopefully this helps. you can also set up a pre-paid calling plan for your cell or a landline if you're interested.

arlo

mamas babies15
01-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Jamie Again, This Is The Institution Where My Lil Bro Is Serving Life, Any Members In This Area To Chat With ?
my son is in lieber too if you have any info about this prison please let me know thank you

mamas babies15
01-16-2010, 06:02 AM
first of all, the address for lieber is:

(your son's name, #xxxxxx)
Lieber Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 205
Ridgeville, SC 29472

you can call one of the following numbers and ask them for your son's mailing address:

(843) 875-3332 or
(803) 896-3700

hopefully this helps. you can also set up a pre-paid calling plan for your cell or a landline if you're interested.

arlo
thank you so much i will find him some way some how

mamas babies15
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't live in your area, but I do have a loved one in Lieber.. he's been in for about 10years now- only 29 years old. How old is your son?
my son just got there this month have not talked to him do you know anything about the visitation or the phone privliges how long it may be to see or talk with him sorry so many question or how long the visitation are for when i do get to see him thanks

mamas babies15
01-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi, just joined today, wish I have known about this area a long time ago. I live in Charleston, SC. My son is in Lieber. He will be 25 on 'groundhogs day" Feb 2.

Marchio, contact me by email or yahoo msg. I can give you my number and maybe on a weekend or something we could get together since I am only about 2 hours from Columbia.

I haven't seen my son is sometime now, since he was a "badboy" and they took away his visiting and phonecalls. he can't even buy things from the "store"!!! Its driving me nuts. :(
he just got there on the 12th of this month haven't talk to him just one letter from him not sure how the phone calls from him work or when he can call or the visitation i live in moncks corner and waiting just to hear from him any info please let me know thank you

mamas babies15
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Would like to know if there are others who have loved ones at Lieber?
Maybe we can keep in touch and let each other know what is going on there?
I go every other Sat. from 1 to 5.
Maybe I could get some information for someone or anwser questions.What do you think?
my son just got there on the 12 of jan and was woundering how long it takes to get a visitation i filled all the papers out only one letter from him since he has been there no phone calls and that is also set up for him to call just worried cause i know he will contact me asap just want to hear from him thank you

khjkhjkhj
11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
He can get a good education at Lieber...GED, High School Diploma or more. He needs to contact Mr. Peter Armstrong in Education requesting that he be allowed to come to classes.

Ldawg14
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
does anybody want a pay key for lieber?? a lady accidently bought one for them when she should of got one for macdougall...right down the road...

Tssimmons
03-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Hello all, New to the forum. just want to say GOD be with your relative.

seeyouin10
03-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Hello all, New to the forum. just want to say GOD be with your relative.

Is your LO at Lieber?

Tssimmons
04-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey Jami, My Fiance is there. Feel free to chat at anytime. What Dorm is he in?

BrittanyRae5506
08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
My fiance was just transfered to Edisto Dorm in Lieber... I'm completely lost :/

Nancy257
05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

Hello,